• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've had a thought that I've been keeping to myself for several months, it's about these signs.

The white people (sorry, European-American, Scandinavia-American, Russian-American, etc.) that have these signs in their yards are truly racist. This is a form of over compensation for their actual racist beliefs. Because "racism" has been overamplified in society they feel a need to shout out that they aren't really racist by displaying this sign.

The rest of society that is not truly racist just live their lives. They realize that there are decent people and dirt bags in every ethnicity and don't need to overcome any guilt to tell the world they're "not racist".

********.jpg
    T

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I've had a thought that I've been keeping to myself for several months, it's about these signs.

The white people (sorry, European-American, Scandinavia-American, Russian-American, etc.) that have these signs in their yards are truly racist. This is a form of over compensation for their actual racist beliefs. Because "racism" has been overamplified in society they feel a need to shout out that they aren't really racist by displaying this sign.

The rest of society that is not truly racist just live their lives. They realize that there are decent people and dirt bags in every ethnicity and don't need to overcome any guilt to tell the world they're "not racist".

View attachment 164843
    T
    To me it's a lot like the person that says "trust me".

Never trust that person.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've always looked at it like they're trying to convince themselves that they're not racist. My wife's oldest sister makes videos and social media posts yelling about how "non-racist" she is because she adopted children from Haiti.

She appears to be a truly miserable person and to me, appears to be racist. She doesn't really talk to the family because we all live in the town where Mike Pence is from, and you guessed it, he's a racist so that makes us racist.

I don't care what color/race someone is. Be a good person, you're good in my book. Be a scumbag, you're a scumbag in my book.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think people with yard signs like that are just displaying their disagreement with all the crazy woke crap being jammed down their throats 24/7. Notice also those who display the massage are also supplying signs purchased with private money, on property that is owned and the taxes paid with their own resources. To read some subliminal message of overt or repressed message of hate into that sign is not logical.

I think you misunderstand the sign. It is a continuation of the coexist sign, who could be against that? We all want to coexist, most here just want to be left alone to live as they see fit. That sign is promoting the Marxism of BLM and open borders just for starters.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I think you misunderstand the sign. It is a continuation of the coexist sign, who could be against that? We all want to coexist, most here just want to be left alone to live as they see fit. That sign is promoting the Marxism of BLM and open borders just for starters.
    You are right, now that I have looked at the sign in a large computer screen, I see it is a woke message. We have other we believe signs in our neighborhood, but they are conservative from the church next to us. Those signs are pro marriage, pro life, and pro American. I apologize, I should have been more careful. Sloppy work on my part. My message would still be true for the signs I was familiar with. (that some of the HOA people want to be banned)

Thank you.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've always looked at it like they're trying to convince themselves that they're not racist. My wife's oldest sister makes videos and social media posts yelling about how "non-racist" she is because she adopted children from Haiti.

She appears to be a truly miserable person and to me, appears to be racist. She doesn't really talk to the family because we all live in the town where Mike Pence is from, and you guessed it, he's a racist so that makes us racist.

I don't care what color/race someone is. Be a good person, you're good in my book. Be a scumbag, you're a scumbag in my book.

Your sister-in-law (SIL) is exactly the example I was thinking about. No offense intended to her.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It's a cult. The signs serve a double meaning: Identify the cult members via the sign's presence, and identify the cult's enemies via its absence. Just like the mask.

I think you're on to something.

There was a point in time I would have not given much credibility to any ideas about conspiracies or coordinated efforts. Events over the past few years made me apologize to several friends who were "conspiracy theorists".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The sad part is that a lot of otherwise good folks are buying into this idea.

My daughter has a sign in her yard, the same as a lot of others around here.

"Just Be Kind"

Does it mean that people aren't kind or that they don't know to until told?

Whatever the case, will those reading change any habits because of this virtue signaling?

Top Bottom