• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    she's good looking, but i like the show just because it's focus is primarily guns. I like that the guy is a 1911 nut like myself. even though i think he's a crook, but most people on TV are...

tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    I'm in sales do I am a little bias, but if people are willing to pay it they must be worth it. A lot of his prices to seem a bit high but we only know what they show us on tv. There is probably more to what they do than engrave their name on the slide.
    As for his daughter yep all I can say us not my daughter.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I'm in sales do I am a little bias, but if people are willing to pay it they must be worth it. A lot of his prices to seem a bit high but we only know what they show us on tv. There is probably more to what they do than engrave their name on the slide.
    As for his daughter yep all I can say us not my daughter.

you gotta think that they would do custom trigger jobs and upgrade all the standard equipment if he's charging that much over MSRP.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I don't think those prices are real at all. His prices are supposedly high, which reflects the type of area and demographic he's dealing with, but the prices bandied about on TV are just for production value.

There was a whole article in one of the other American Gun threads about how the episode with the "youth pastor" bringing grandpa's shotgun to be "tacticool-ized" was staged. He's not a youth pastor, it wasn't his grandpa's shotgun and he didn't even get to keep it.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    paige-wyatt.jpg

rtsiz6zqx82eresx.jpg

paige-wyatt-hgs-1.jpg

I'm sorry, what were you talking about again?
    This is why I watch that show. I would of chipped in on the $3000 price if that biker would of landed right in the middle of the group though.

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I am amazed that they also show when they make mistakes on the show. Like the issue with the threads on the 4k carbon fiber barrel.
    I guess that is a good "cliffhanger" before going to commercial break.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That show is pretty ridiculous. But, much like with Sons of Guns, virtually all the "random guy walks in and has them build some custom piece of crap for $20k" is all fake.

That's apparently par for the course for most reality shows like these. Nothing at all is real.

It makes me sad that Top Shot was canceled. They may have amped up the drama for no real reason, but at least the shooting was real.

Though I will admit I did buy that 10/22 Zombie bullpup stock from Red Jacket. I've wanted to get a stock for my 10/22 and while the reality crap was turned to 11 on their Zombie episode, I got to watch Max Brooks shoot it. Since he's left handed like me, I could see for myself that he wasn't getting shell casings ejected into his face.

Finally, something worthwhile out of one of those shows. :D

Now if only their lead team wasn't ridiculous. The stock won't ship until "Fall", whatever that means.

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    These shows could be so much better if they dropped the obvious staged crap. I also get a bit sick of every client test firing having a massive explosion. One recent show had them make a sniper rifle for the local SWAT team, and they tested it at 1500 yards or something on a washing machine. It exploded, of course. I would have preferred to have seen where they hit, what it actually did to the washing machine, etc.

The explosions get a bit tiresome after a while.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    These shows could be so much better if they dropped the obvious staged crap. I also get a bit sick of every client test firing having a massive explosion. One recent show had them make a sniper rifle for the local SWAT team, and they tested it at 1500 yards or something on a washing machine. It exploded, of course. I would have preferred to have seen where they hit, what it actually did to the washing machine, etc.

blasphemy
    , but seriously i agree as well , would love to see actual hits instead of explosions occasionally

adsVA83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's always interesting to see what they build, keeping in mind it's "reality TV" and what is truly real? The main reason I watch that show is because it is a show based around guns, and also what others have already stated, PAIGE! How real is the show, how many fathers do you know of that would let their daughter have those "guns" pushed up for everyone to see on cable TV?

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012

blasphemy
    , but seriously i agree as well , would love to see actual hits instead of explosions occasionally

Hey now, I like a good explosion as much as the next guy, but I draw the line at washing machines. :P

At least have whatever they're shooting be semi-plausible that it might explode. Hollywood directors would even scoff at an exploding washing machine.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW

Ya I agree. When they shot the cannon at that tower I wanted to see what damage the chain did, instead it was just a big explosion.

I think part of it is that some of the people arent good shots, so they set the whole thing to blow weather they hit or not.

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Ya I agree. When they shot the cannon at that tower I wanted to see what damage the chain did, instead it was just a big explosion.

I think part of it is that some of the people arent good shots, so they set the whole thing to blow weather they hit or not.

Ah, I remember that episode. The double cannon. I liked when they first shot it and couldn't find the second ball. I think the end shot with the explosion it was very low and might have broken a part of one leg of the tower, but instead it exploded as if hit by MX missile.

Top Bottom