• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    To add to @markholst's great pics earlier, here's a quick write-up on my end:

Ordered the IWB and OWB for G19 with MRDS on late Sunday evening, with $10.00 2-day shipping from UPS. Grand total of $38.01

First holster - $17.76
    Second holster - $7.76
    Shipping - $10.00
    Tax - $2.49

Items were received today in their packaging with the following items shown:

5FE8660D-0868-4CBC-A1FB-41F56DDDC6C3.jpeg

For the IWB kit, it came with a muzzle pad, Allen wrench, wing, two screws and an extra rubber tension grommet:

BAE72B29-43B1-4D6D-8F83-B1FB0D36CB7F.jpeg

Pic of the wing below. Most wings have two screws to attach it to the holster; this one used a longer replacement screw and has a nub that fits in the lower hole to remove any play. Seems to be very stable after installation.

DADC0B29-60AD-4487-87B3-49FDCC186EBA.jpeg

Pic of the muzzle pad and velcro sticky dot to affix to the back of the holster:

BD6D0C18-882E-4099-BACE-FED69F9E973B.jpeg

Muzzle pad installed. Good, strong adhesive on the velcro dot, no indication of coming loose. There's no fixing bad placement on the first try. Muzzle pad is a good size and density.

D244FF06-4A70-4620-BE8C-263685AB283B.jpeg

Side view with muzzle pad affixed:

767BA1D7-EF18-41E0-8EC6-BA849465DDDE.jpeg

The view of the MRDS hood. Plenty of room for the RMR on a milled slide, I'd hazard a guess that a DPP, SRO
    or other larger optics would fit. The fit appears to be much tighter on markholst's holster for his SIG P356, since it's a smaller gun with a smaller optic. Thus far, while it is larger, it doesn't protrude much further than my previous holster with the RMR cutout, and is not noticeable during wear.

2A1808EE-6DD9-43B6-B9DB-C30AA8D1046D.jpeg

And what the package looks like all put together and worn AIWB. The wing and pad definitely help to tuck the grip into my extra ballistic gelatin around my midsection. So far it's very comfortable. For reference, I wear a 1.75" double layer belt from Wolf Tactical. The clip feels very solid and it's width keeps any rocking of the holster at bay.

4C4B6DC6-3A24-4094-A4EF-67EE5EECA8C9.jpeg

So far, I'm very pleased and would suggest to anyone wanting an IWB holster to try AIWB carry to purchase this kit. It has all the accoutrements to try it out at a great price.

If anyone has a G19 with a different optic and wants to try it out for fit, hit me up and we'll make it happen.

Last edited:

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Received mine yesterday for the wife's hellcat osp ....very nice!!

Hopefully they'll start making some light bearing holsters , could use one for the g19

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I also got mine yesterday, but I was pretty wiped out and didn't play with them much. I did fit check the 43X and it fit fine.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Alien Gear started a side company called Warcat Tactical. Making a full kydex/plastic holster, not the hybrid Alien Gear usually makes.

One unique thing about them is they offer a hood for a red dot if you pistol has the option such as the Hellcat.

No idea if their stuff is any good, but at the introductory price of $17.76, I'm trying them out. I've wasted $18 on less many times!

Ordered an iwb and owb. $38.01 with tax and shipping.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Hopefully with the overwhelming response they are getting, they will expand to other models. Wanted to get one for my P07 but no CZ models yet. The price point is incredible though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I messed around with them a bit this morning:

IWB holster: Decent and a good value at the current pricing. You can tell it’s not a top tier holster due to missing small touches but it’s perfectly serviceable. The clip is garbage tier, though, and swapping that out would greatly improve the holster. Including the junk pad was a nice touch. The claw is straight and not stepped, a stepped one helps tuck the grip in more, but it works.

With the Glock 43X, you can get a good grip with the holster at any ride height. With the Glock 45, you have to go raise it to the middle ride or you can’t get a good grip.

OWB holster: Not quite junk tier, but close. Only the highest ride height and adding a cant lets you get your thumb anywhere near the grip to establish your grip on the draw. You’re going to mash the giant clip and sweat guard with your thumb and/or web of your hand. I don’t mind the higher ride, though I doubt I would use this holster for anything but a range day.

Despite what the manufacturer says, at least some suppressor height sights work. My Glock 45 worked with no issue.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I received mine yesterday the G45 IWB looks good. This is my wife’s she wore it Wally mart. Likes it.

The Shield IWB looks good.

Overall I vote good value at current price.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Received mine the other day. Like I dont have enough holsters already, but for the price i got one to try something with.

Definitely not top tier, but certainly useable if you're on a tight budget, or if you want a cheap way to try IWB carry.

For the price, I'm happy with it.

Thank you to the OP for the heads up on a good deal!

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Noob question for you guys in regards to Kydex…ordered a couple of these for 43x and 365x. Should you be able to place the gun in the holster, turn the holster upside down and expect the gun to not slide/fall out? I expected more retention.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Noob question for you guys in regards to Kydex…ordered a couple of these for 43x and 365x. Should you be able to place the gun in the holster, turn the holster upside down and expect the gun to not slide/fall out? I expected more retention.
    Tighten the screw by the trigger guard

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Like Usmccookie said, the screw by the trigger guard will adjust the retention. May take a few adjustments to get it right where you want it.
    You will want to test out drawing from the holster as well. Don't want it so tight you can't draw your weapon, or have the holster come off with it.

Most of mine, with a fully loaded magazine in, I can get to come out If I hold it upside down and shake it enough, but the weapon is secure enough when carrying I can run, jump...and it will not come out.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Tighten the screw as others have said. While you are there you might consider putting some lock-tite on it so it doesn't loosen. Cheap insurance that things don't move.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Received mine today…or yesterday but I opened it today. I’m a fan. I like that it has a full sweat guard and covers the red dot on my p365x.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Got this email:

Dear Warcat Customer,​

The Warcat AIWB and OWB holsters are now a part of the Alien Gear Holsters family. In the transition, the name has changed to the Roswell IWB and OWB holster. We appreciate your support of Warcat Tactical and want to give you a quick update on what that means for you and your holster.

If you have Warcat product questions or issues, please direct them to Alien Gear’s customer service department. Our customer service number is (208) 215-2046. For any online support, please email our team at support@aliengearholsters.com. There has been no change to your warranty; it is still valid and active.

Thank you so much for your support!

The Alien Gear Family

I've actually used the G45 AIWB a bit and my opinion hasn't changed, it's perfectly servicable but not ideal. It does not conceal as well as some of the more expensive options, and I think it's largely due to the attachment system they use. Switching to some thinner/better clips would probably make it much more betterer.

My opinion on the OWB also has not changed, sub-par and only useful for range qualification sort of activities, no way I'd use it for realsies.

Top Bottom