• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    I have been looking at getting an 1887 lever action shotgun. And I was thinking about a Norinco or maybe ordering one from Buffalo Arms. So I was wondering if anyone owens one or had any thoughts about these. Any info you could give me would be very much appriciated, Thanks.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I don't own one, but I see plenty of them shot at the local CAS matches. My buddy got one of the Norincos and had a smith do the drop-2 mod on the carrier and it seems to run great. I've shot it enough to know that for competition, it'll take a lot of practice to get fast. The long lever throw means that you have to be aggressive when shooting it or the empty won't eject and/or the next round won't get lifted.

If you want it for other purposes, you don't want to get the drop-2 mod done as it prohibits the magazine useage.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    The lever action 12ga is one fun gun to shoot. It definately has some lasting Bad@$$ factor since Arnie pulled one out of a flower box. To prove its popularity as a classic, it's going to be featured as a specialty shotgun in the new Call of Duty video game Modern Warfare II
    3649998268_9fb87dbe69.jpg

After using the shotgun durring about 3 range trips, I have concluded this:
    The lever is a hell of a lot more fun to shoot than pump.
    I can load the lever faster than the pump, however I can shoot a pump gun faster than the swinging the lever, and with the pump my sights stay on target while I am pumping which is more difficult with the lever.
    I can hit clays easier with the sights on the lever, and the 20" barrel is very easy to maneuver than my buddies 28" remington.
    I did shoot slugs through this gun, and even without rear sights like I am used to on a rifle, I was able to place accurate shots.

Having built my AR as my first gun, and spending alot of money on different extras like magazines, an eotech, a rail system, back up iron sight, I have come to the conclusion that this shotgun is probably the best 500 dollars I spent on a firearm. You can find a cheaper 12ga that can do the trick, but I am happy with mine.

As far as the two shell drop and shoot modification, I would want to keep my magazine capacity. Even the way it is right now, I can still put one in the reciever, and slide one in the tube, which takes just a little bit more focus on what you are doing than just dropping two in, but its still pretty easy.

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    I do not know about the new ones. I got a org. winchester 87 and it works just fine.I got to use lower pressure loads for the old barrel but shots just fine.

Top Bottom