• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    poke fun all you want, I’ve never had a negative interaction yet. But there in the back of my mind I’m keenly aware that should I fail to look submissive and say my yes sir’s no sir’s , I may well get lashed out at and end up beaten or worse.

The reactions I’m seeing here from LEO that have the inability to force me to bend to their will over the internet are kinda proving my point.......
    Okay, so what’s your solution then?

And for what it’s worth, I don’t think any INGO LEOs have tried to make you be submissive or bend to their will, and if you’ve not had any negative encounters in real life, I don’t think those officers did either...

So why do you feel oppressed and what is your solution to fix it?

You want to know why people say ACAB? It’s because they have a fault within themselves to operate within the bounds of a peaceful society and they are selfish and unpatriotic. So many of the changes in law over the last century have come from people who just can’t operate within civilized society. Virtually none of the shenanigans that we’ve seen play out over the last fifty years would have taken place if more citizens behaved like patriotic, constitutionally-minded citizens, with respect for themselves and one another. If people behaved and recognized other’s natural rights, then there would be no need for laws or law enforcement, or for more laws to be created to continue to over complicate society. And politicians wouldn’t be able to create laws to subjugate their constituents.

You’re being prejudicial against people who wear a uniform, and not basing your perception on statistics while simultaneously listening to the “narrative.” You’re placing blame on the wrong people as well - the ones you should be upset with are the legislators and society as a whole for letting it get this way.

Either way I guess, you’re going to get your wish. All the good cops, the ones who have always treated people with respect, always lent a helping hand, been kind to even those they’ve arrested...well, they are leaving in droves because they are tired of constantly being ridiculed, harassed, manipulated, hated, attacked, and persecuted for their profession. And when that happens, all that will be left WILL be those officers that operate the way that you apparently believe that all officers do. And those folks will have no problem stomping on your neck and following unconstitutional and illegal orders and laws. And what then?

Don’t be mad at the police that you don’t understand, be mad at yourself for not standing up for a civilized society when it mattered.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter what I think though. I just have to move forward from here, and realize that the last 20 years of my life was wasted. Instead of spending quality time with my family, I was working 30+ hours of overtime a week to make ends meet. Instead of raising money to help veterans and first responders with PTSD, I should have been working on another sales deal, to add another zero to my bank account. Instead of being recognized for saving someone’s life when seconds matter, at risk of my life and limb, I should have been golfing with my business partners after a martini lunch. Instead of talking to companies to get donations for a new wheelchair for a disabled woman on food stamps who was not getting help from anywhere else, I should have been buying a new house up in Carmel or something.

Now that I know that all of that was a waste, I get to start over from scratch, because now being a cop means being a pariah. My paltry PERF retirement also means that I’ll have to go back working 80 hours a week, to make ends meet, so that I can keep my little $100,000 house. (Hopefully I still get to keep my family this time, because I almost lost them last time due to the strain that working all those hours took, but hey, sacrifices, right?)

So, you won.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Okay, so what’s your solution then?
    Accountability
    So why do you feel oppressed and what is your solution to fix it?
    The Las Vegas incident with Officer Brailsford and the lack of accountability for a straight up murder opened my eyes that as a white man and all the privilege that allegedly comes with my life is null and void in the eyes of the law regardless of my following directions and the law I can be shot and killed. Dude knew he was 100% guilty so after he got off and got rehired so that he could get his PTSD pension he moved to a non extradition county in Asia.

The Breonna Taylor incident last year brought this literally home in that it was possible and entirely within the realm of possibility that my door could be battered down in the middle of the night, my wife shot and killed and if I return fire I may well be charged and go to prison.sure they dropped the charges against the boyfriend but sure took a long time considering the circumstances. Would those charges have been dropped without the Burn murder loot crowd? I doubt it, most likely he would be in prison because he dared to defend against a home invasion.

simultaneously listening to the “narrative.” You’re placing blame on the wrong people as well - the ones you should be upset with are the legislators and society as a whole for letting it get this way.
    This particular narrative and mob mentality are not how I would prefer change to happen. I agree that the need for change probably needs to come from outside the departments, the Blue wall of silence has made it very clear that most officers are unwilling and or unable to hold their fellow officers accountable. No one wants to end up like Frank Serpico I guess....

All the good cops, the ones who have always treated people with respect, always lent a helping hand, been kind to even those they’ve arrested...well, they are leaving in droves
    There in lies the problem. It’s hard to make changes from the inside so the nice guys are leaving. It’s not hard to get them to leave either when there is more money to be made in the private sector.

you’re right about your comp package.
    Most police compensation packages are a joke. It’s counterproductive in any organization to simultaneously want better more qualified applicants while at the same time not increasing the pay. a department like IMPD should pay at least 100k after 4 years. After all that’s what the 25 year average felon who gets into a trade union apprenticeship is making after 4 years, believe me I employ plenty in that demographic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is the pay really worth it at this point?
    This has to be one of the most demoralizing things imaginable if you grew up dreaming of becoming a cop, only to be treated this way.
    And now, not only do they get treated that way on the street, but also on social media, and even here on INGO to some degree.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This cop is a saint.

If only there was some kind of device, where you could record from the dash. Some kind of camera.

She knows he's not a murderer.
    Cause if she REALLY believed he was, she'd shut the F up.
    But no. She feels safe, so she can spout her "virtue signalling", and now play the video to her "friends", and claim to be "brave".

Course, if someone ran up in the middle of this and started playing wack-a-mole with a hammer, bet she'd be screaming for the police to "do something".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    C'mon guys, it's not worth the time and energy wasted on caring anymore. We've been told that ACAB and that's that.
    Don't get discouraged. There are some people like me who have changed or will change their outlook when presented with good examples.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If only there was some kind of device, where you could record from the dash. Some kind of camera.

She knows he's not a murderer.
    Cause if she REALLY believed he was, she'd shut the F up.
    But no. She feels safe, so she can spout her "virtue signalling", and now play the video to her "friends", and claim to be "brave".

Course, if someone ran up in the middle of this and started playing wack-a-mole with a hammer, bet she'd be screaming for the police to "do something".
    Weird, that's the same behavior a lot of anti-gun individuals demonstrate also.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Accountability

The Las Vegas incident with Officer Brailsford and the lack of accountability for a straight up murder opened my eyes that as a white man and all the privilege that allegedly comes with my life is null and void in the eyes of the law regardless of my following directions and the law I can be shot and killed. Dude knew he was 100% guilty so after he got off and got rehired so that he could get his PTSD pension he moved to a non extradition county in Asia.

The Breonna Taylor incident last year brought this literally home in that it was possible and entirely within the realm of possibility that my door could be battered down in the middle of the night, my wife shot and killed and if I return fire I may well be charged and go to prison.sure they dropped the charges against the boyfriend but sure took a long time considering the circumstances. Would those charges have been dropped without the Burn murder loot crowd? I doubt it, most likely he would be in prison because he dared to defend against a home invasion.
    A few things, Brailsford was Mesa AZ, not Las Vegas. And I can't find anything that says he moved out of the country, do you have a cite for that? Now another officer, the one giving the commands iirc did move out of the country. To the Philippines, which does have an extradition agreement with the US. Although IMO from what I know and not having been on the jury, a conviction for manslaughter would be reasonable.

As for Taylor, do you allow known drug dealers to have packages delivered to your house, drive them and the packages to a known drug house, lease a car for them and the police find a dead body in it, hold cash for said dealer? If not, the chances of being shot in a no-knock/knock and announce raid performed under a valid search warrant are quite low. Especially if someone you are with doesn't shoot first and hit an officer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder what the teachers of America have to say about this fine example of their trade?

The teacher's union? INGOers that fall for the ACAB bull :poop: ?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A few things, Brailsford was Mesa AZ, not Las Vegas. And I can't find anything that says he moved out of the country, do you have a cite for that? Now another officer, the one giving the commands iirc did move out of the country. To the Philippines, which does have an extradition agreement with the US. Although IMO from what I know and not having been on the jury, a conviction for manslaughter would be reasonable.

As for Taylor, do you allow known drug dealers to have packages delivered to your house, drive them and the packages to a known drug house, lease a car for them and the police find a dead body in it, hold cash for said dealer? If not, the chances of being shot in a no-knock/knock and announce raid performed under a valid search warrant are quite low. Especially if someone you are with doesn't shoot first and hit an officer.
    'They' are unable to wrap their heads around the fact that 'justice for Breonna' is arguably what they already have gotten

Same with 'justice for Ma'khia'

Galatians 6:7

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    'They' are unable to wrap their heads around the fact that 'justice for Breonna' is arguably what they already have gotten

Same with 'justice for Ma'khia'

Galatians 6:7
    Ehh, not sure I'd say that about Breonna, I will say that it seems to me to be a justified shoot.

Ma'khia, justified and good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Weird, that's the same behavior a lot of anti-gun individuals demonstrate also.

Yes.
    And I've explained to one using the "Bear Example".

You're not afraid of me.
    Cause if you were, you wouldn't be here yelling and waving your arms around.
    If a bear came into the restaurant, I wouldn't run up to it, yell at it, and wave my arms around.
    Since you are, you must not be afraid.

Top Bottom