• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I agree! I love the M1!
    In the videos that I’ve watched, they mention magazine compatibility with the PPQ (on the compact frame that has the 15 round magazine). No one has mentioned it that I have seen but I believe that would be compatibility with the PPQM2?
    Correct, compatible with the American style button release M2 mags, not the Euro-weenie style paddle release M1 mags.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree! I love the M1!
    In the videos that I’ve watched, they mention magazine compatibility with the PPQ (on the compact frame that has the 15 round magazine). No one has mentioned it that I have seen but I believe that would be compatibility with the PPQM2?

This makes me sad since I have a PPQ M1 and tons of mags.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I feel like they majorly screwed up the aesthetics of the slide. My daily carry is a rowland-special-ized PPQ, and I can understand why they widened the back of the slide, so the optic can sit deeper.

But they went way overboard with the front of the slide. The frame changes look to be solid but I don't see it doing anything my PPQ doesn't.
    The lack of a paddle mag release leaves it dead in the water for me anyway. I would never go back to a button after getting used to paddles on my USP, PPS, and PPQ. It's just a better system.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I feel like they majorly screwed up the aesthetics of the slide. My daily carry is a rowland-special-ized PPQ, and I can understand why they widened the back of the slide, so the optic can sit deeper.

But they went way overboard with the front of the slide. The frame changes look to be solid but I don't see it doing anything my PPQ doesn't.
    The lack of a paddle mag release leaves it dead in the water for me anyway. I would never go back to a button after getting used to paddles on my USP, PPS, and PPQ. It's just a better system.
    I like the aesthetics much better on the PDP versus the PPQ but opinions vary lol. If you already have a PPQ then you're probably right that switching won't do much for you but I see the PDP as a nice evolution. I've had USPs and VP9s but never warmed up to the paddles so i'm glad the PDP is a traditional mag release. I like that it seems sort of purpose built around red dot use and am looking forward to handling a full-size.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's my excitement about the PDP, being optics ready. I'd been thinking about having my PPQ M1 slide cut for my spare red dot, but now I want to try the PDP to see if I prefer it instead (except for the mag release). Since all of my training is with a standard button mag release, even though I prefer the paddle release, the PDP might be a good option.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

I too have a customized PPQ that I absolutely love, but I place myself squarely in the Pro-PDP camp. Why?

• I have always avoided firearms that require me to learn a new manual of arms to operate, which is why I waited until the m2 version of the PPQ came to the market. As superior as paddle releases may be, if they are different than everything else I own, then why risk it for high stress situations?
    • The slide's aggressive serrations work for me. I like the look, and you can see where the slide's metal comes inward wherever it lacks these serrations. This simply means a more solid purchase on the slide with gloves or even wet hands. The new slide is also lighter than the PPQ slide even though it appears beefier.
    • I don't think that anyone would need to explain why the new grip texture is light years ahead of the PPQ. Anyone who has owned a PPQ knows that the grip feels just like textured bar of soap when the hands get sweaty.
    • I am really digging the new aesthetics and it is clear that Walther is aiming to grab more LEO and military contracts with the PDP. If I had to characterize the PPQ and the PDP i would express it like this: The PPQ is like a wealthy German sipping brandy from a crystal snifter by the fireplace, whereas the PDP is like a German blue-collar worker sitting down at the local beer-hall drinking from his 1 liter beer stein after work. (If you don't think the PPQ is like the snooty German, just look at the Black Tie versions. I know which one will get the attention of the military and LEO buyers.)
    My lovely custom PPQ M2 5" that will soon have a brawny PDP stable mate:
    PO9vc0Jl.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That's my excitement about the PDP, being optics ready. I'd been thinking about having my PPQ M1 slide cut for my spare red dot, but now I want to try the PDP to see if I prefer it instead (except for the mag release). Since all of my training is with a standard button mag release, even though I prefer the paddle release, the PDP might be a good option.
    I agree, I like that they put in the ability to have back up iron sights unlike the Q4 or Q5's.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Buds has Compact PDP's in for 789.00 but I want a full-size, also don't feel like paying 100.00 over MSRP.
    Now that is some industrial strength gouging right there. When the rest of the online sales companies started out of the gates at $599 to $649, that shows what Buds really thinks of their customers.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The biggest problem I have with Buds doing this is that since they are arguably the largest online gun seller, many online and brick & mortar stores will follow their lead and use Bud's pricing as a cover to do the same to their customers.

Now just watch the prices shoot straight up on the aggregate sights like gun.deals over the next week..

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The biggest problem I have with Buds doing this is that since they are arguably the largest online gun seller, many online and brick & mortar stores will follow their lead and use Bud's pricing as a cover to do the same to their customers.

Now just watch the prices shoot straight up on the aggregate sights like gun.deals over the next week..
    True, I use Buds myself to sort of gauge the market. There was a full-size with a buy it now of 619.00 on Gunbroker. I'll let you know how I like it!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Now that is some industrial strength gouging right there. When the rest of the online sales companies started out of the gates at $599 to $649, that shows what Buds really thinks of their customers.
    But it isn't gouging. They're not forcing you to buy from them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Of course I ordered mine online and then went into Highsmiths to pick up a rifle I ordered in and they had a full-size in stock for 649.00 if anybody needs one!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If it was the compact version I'd be heading that way.
    I was a little surprised since the compact seems to be the more readily available one. The full-size is basically like a VP9, felt good, lighter than I expected. It's been awhile since I handled a PPQ and triggers are subjective but that PDP might have been the nicest factory poly trigger i've tried.

Top Bottom