• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I have a Q4SF and had a PDP 5”. I CC the Q4 I like it that well. The best striker fired handgun I’ve ever owned. The PDP was a nice pistol but the slide felt bigger than it needed to be…. Just didn’t care for it as much as the Q4.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a Q4SF and had a PDP 5”. I CC the Q4 I like it that well. The best striker fired handgun I’ve ever owned. The PDP was a nice pistol but the slide felt bigger than it needed to be…. Just didn’t care for it as much as the Q4.
    They are a bit over-engineered in the slide much like the HK P30's.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This steel frame pdp is looking very appealing. Maybe I should say it's alluring.
    Look at that trigger in this video.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

This steel frame pdp is looking very appealing. Maybe I should say it's alluring.
    Look at that trigger in this video.

Looks great and I love my Q5 SF, well if I could keep it running for more than 20,000 rounds at a time, but another $1800 specialty pistol I don't know.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I still wanna try a PDP, and a steel option would be sweet for competing or duty use. This certainly “hits” better than the PK380 or whatever that they recently released… :rofl:

Edit: did not see the $1899 MSRP either. Let me add another :rofl: . For that much money, I’m buying another full-house LTT 92G or a used Staccato!

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sold my PDP compact to my stepson who fell in love with it. I'd love to try a PDP-F compact at some point, but I'm in no hurry. Great guns, but I keep going back to my P10C OR.

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    If Walther ever makes a steel frame F series, I'd be very interested. Matter of fact I'd like to see a lot more plastic framed striker guns get a metal frame option.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If Walther ever makes a steel frame F series, I'd be very interested. Matter of fact I'd like to see a lot more plastic framed striker guns get a metal frame option.
    I held one of the M&P metal versions at an LGS yesterday for just a moment. Didn't do anything for me, but of course I didn't shoot it.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I held one of the M&P metal versions at an LGS yesterday for just a moment. Didn't do anything for me, but if course I didn't shoot it.
    I shot am M&P Metal PC with the comp a rep brought into the store. It was only maybe a touch softer and that was with the metal and comp, but the difference was negligible to me. M&P’s are soft shooting anyway.

I get the added machining costs of steel make it more but at almost 2 grand I’d just get a Staccato even though it’s not steel.

The Walther is a nice gun though

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What broke on your Q5? Also hoping whatever issue you did have Walther fixed for free.
    The first time I sent it back was because the slide quit locking open. They ended up replacing the slide. Without looking at my logs I think I was only about 30,000 rounds in. This time at about 20,000 it keeps having failure to feed, extract. I tried an extra power extraction spring for it but that only helped for a while so it is going to have to go back again. Going by the Walther forums these are unfortunately fairly common issues.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While the PDP is a great pistol this isn’t a criticism of Walther just an observation. I feel they would be more popular is they had a product they kept in production for more than 8-15 years. They are like the gun company version of Mitsubishi introducing them discontinuing products.

Hear me out. While companies have to change with the times S&W had the evolution of steel frame DA autos that became a 3rd Gen then after strikers sort of dominated and agencies (which was a large portion of S&W) quit buying so many steel frame DA guns they quietly discontinued but there are enough decades that parts aren’t a problem. The Walther PDX or others not so sure about down the road.

So maybe I’m looking at it wrong but, to me it seems like maybe not a Niche market a little special type of customer in a way.

Of course what’s old is new again here even the strikers are going back to steel frame which not being a metal frame and being lightweight was one of the BIG selling points when the polymer guns hit. Sort of funny!

Thought????

Top Bottom