• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I learned a trick years ago to help me get to the stand eazy peezy.
    I've never told anyone my solution before, but it's time to pass the knowledge on.

My approach is simple really, I just go to TSC and pick up a couple bags of this stuff. Leave a nice heavy trail to your stand and you can follow it easily. I usually tag out in a couple of days so you don't even have to refresh the trail

View attachment 164534

You're Welcome.

I don't deer hunt anymore,
    They are thick in the side yard during hunting season...

When we did home canning I used to dry the apple, pear, plumb cores, skins, pieces and use them.
    Pretty good scent blocker, rub it in hunting cloths to mask human smell.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    i would think walking in with nvg isnt against the law but i wouldnt want to be the guy caught with them while sitting in the stand. honestly, i hated wearing them unless going through the door into someones dark house on a deployment. i always walked with them up and then dropped them down for the entry. if i need light, i walk to my stand with a headlamp and a red lens.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Don't own nvg yet but when I do I'm dang sure going to use them for this if it is indeed legal You got a high dollar cool guy toy ,would be a shame NOT to use it
    Good practice moving through the woods under nods
    Not like you need to worry about your eyes adjusting ,by the time you get to your stand and get set up there's plenty of time for your eyes to readjust
    Not like you're going to be shooting bow in the dark anyway

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've got a WP PVS-14 and I used it one time to walk to our stands. I didn't like not having my eyes adjusted when we got to the stand so I've not used it again for that purpose. They really weren't much of a benefit other than maybe being able to see deer on the walk in. I could see a benefit to using them to spot deer on the walk out to try to avoid spooking them but even then I don't consider them being worth the hassle. As mentioned, short of some type of weapon's mount I don't think there would be any way of accusing someone of using NV to hunt.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm wearing mine to the stand. Once I'm in the stand I'm not going to be wearing them and I won't be shooting before or after the sun so I don't see an issue. If the co does he can explain it in court

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I always look to the fact that I would rather have to not fight it in court over the extra meat in the freezer. The old red lens on a cheap flashlight always worked it the past and my cheap night vision setup is not hands free

Top Bottom