• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes that has been our experience as well, Especially with the Aldi Finds. We like a lot of their store brand stuff. So there is that, and when they have black Forrest deserts we stock up lol.
    I have insider info that there snap boxes of lg or small croissants that you cut in half, butter and brown on the cast iron with sausage egg and cheese say smoked gouda are damn good.
    Especially good plain when you can pull them off the oven conveyor as they finish baking.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    yd1ndyu5io411.jpg
    They need to update that picture and put eggs where the diapers are.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Only receipt I let get checked is at Cosco, I pay for that service. I refuse to use self check-out, and will abandon a full cart if pestered. I'm getting old enough to be crotchety.

I'm pretty mellow. I've only allowed them to restock two carts. So far. The Meijer on the northeast side of ft Wayne had no cashiers after six. And they were a little bit snide about it. The Winchester Walmart had the same problem late one evening. No smart ass attitude, but I still don't work there.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Dear Walmart,

I see you have a new option to email my receipt INSTEAD of printing it.
    If you are going to give customers the option to not print a receipt, you need to stop harassing customers as they exit demanding to see a receipt that they legit may not have, BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM THE OPTION NOT TO PRINT. :xmad:

As I left a store yesterday, a poor woman was being accosted by a greeter that insisted on seeing the receipt for what looked to me like a boxed cake (so not a high dollar item), but she couldn't produce a receipt because she chose the email option, and her email wouldn't come up on her phone.

Either make us print receipts, or stop checking for receipts. You cant have it both ways.
    They do end up shaking people down like the Gestapo if they don't have the receipt for a phone charger. It is rather absurd.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    They do end up shaking people down like the Gestapo if they don't have the receipt for a phone charger. It is rather absurd.
    No, as a general rule they don't. They do need to try and minimize shrinkage, as does any business. The attitude I hear much of the time is, "Walmart is huge and horrible and I don't like ringing myself out! " Walmart still sells long guns and most ammunition. As a recent target of several workplace shooters, I'm glad they've kept that option open at many stores.
    Many people I speak to are HAPPY to use the self checkout lanes as their items are bagged the way they like them and they don't need to fool with a cashier.
    And Walmart does a TON of good for the Children's Miracle Network as well as local food pantries and disaster relief. From the inside, I see the people, AND the corporation. The people make the place great. The corporation is doing what corporations do. Trying to Make a a profit for shareholders and keep good employees. Would you want to deal with YOU all day?
    That is tough in any retail arena. I'm proud to work for them.

Last edited:

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Honestly, I have only had good experiences in any walmart I have been in. I have been in many walmarts across the state and in other states and have never been asked for a receipt.

I am in a small town, so maybe that makes a difference, but any interactions with an employee have always been positive. They sell long guns and ammo here but no "pistol" calibers, which is a company policy as I understand it.

Ron

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    No, as a general rule the don't. They do need to try and minimize shrinkage, as does any business. The attitude I hear much of the time is, "Walmart is huge and horrible and I don't like ringing myself out! " Walmart still sells long guns and most ammunition. As a recent target of several workplace shooters, I'm glad they've kept that option open at many stores.
    Many people I speak to are HAPPY to use the self checkout lanes as their items are bagged the way they like them and they don't need to fool with a cashier.
    And Walmart does a TON of good for the Children's Miracle Network as well as local food pantries and disaster relief. From the inside, I see the people, AND the corporation. The people make the place great. The corporation is doing what corporations do. Trying to Make a a profit for shareholders and keep good employees. Would you want to deal with YOU all day?
    That is tough in any retail arena. I'm proud to work for them.
    Yes I would want to deal with Me all day, in fact I would welcome it!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Dear Walmart,

I see you have a new option to email my receipt INSTEAD of printing it.
    If you are going to give customers the option to not print a receipt, you need to stop harassing customers as they exit demanding to see a receipt that they legit may not have, BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM THE OPTION NOT TO PRINT. :xmad:

As I left a store yesterday, a poor woman was being accosted by a greeter that insisted on seeing the receipt for what looked to me like a boxed cake (so not a high dollar item), but she couldn't produce a receipt because she chose the email option, and her email wouldn't come up on her phone.

Either make us print receipts, or stop checking for receipts. You cant have it both ways.
    Simply ignoring that door person is a perfectly acceptable, legal option.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Its funny what the public perception of that horrible Walmart has and what the true reality really is when you get the real truth and read the employee handbook and see whats available to hourly associates, from living with a salaried Walmart employee.

Too many listen to what disgruntled employees have to say.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes that has been our experience as well, Especially with the Aldi Finds. We like a lot of their store brand stuff. So there is that, and when they have black Forrest deserts we stock up lol.
    I loved the “fruits of the forest“ frozen fruit filled pastry, do you ever see that one?

Top Bottom