• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Must be an "in the city" thing. I've never been asked to show a receipt at the Walmarts in Hendricks county. My trips there have decreased dramatically the last few years, but still haven't seen it except when the buzzer thing goes off.
    Not all city stores do it. The only one that does it consistently is Beech Grove. Nobody else bugs me unless its what I consider reasonable. (Big screen TV, bike, etc... and I will show it for that situation.)
    Sam's Club, like Costco, is a private member shopping club. WalMart is open to the general public. That's why Sam's Club can make an enforceable receipt-checking policy, while WalMart cannot.
    THIS. You want to check my receipt? Post it at the door. I believe they could enforce that, but only if they post a notice that a receipt check is required to leave. Even then I'm not sure its truly enforceable, but at least it would be reasonable. Because I didnt consent to a check as a condition of entry. Cant make up rules as you go. (And I too would happily consent to a sams/costco check because thats what they do and they tell you up front. )

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I actually got waived through at Sam's without a scan. Normally they scan your receipt and then three items to make sure they match and eyeball the rest.

Had my jar of cashews and my receipt with both bar codes lined up for easy scanning and the guy just said "you're good" and sent me out the door.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I actually got waived through at Sam's without a scan. Normally they scan your receipt and then three items to make sure they match and eyeball the rest.

Had my jar of cashews and my receipt with both bar codes lined up for easy scanning and the guy just said "you're good" and sent me out the door.
    Little does he know. . . . . . :lmfao:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I have to ask. "What happened before video started rolling? " I have a sneaking suspicion there is a little more to this than we see. (not justifying)

Does this mean I now have to watch my back when the elderly Pentecostal lady gets fed up with my "No thank you, have a blessed day!" response?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

I have to ask. "What happened before video started rolling? " I have a sneaking suspicion there is a little more to this than we see. (not justifying)

Does this mean I now have to watch my back when the elderly Pentecostal lady gets fed up with my "No thank you, have a blessed day!" response?
    Perhaps,I should be concerned? I know Walmart has that new bagging policy, where if you have to do self check out they now like 5 bags per single item. Or at least that’s my interpretation. So I figure if I have to do self check out my single bag of chips will get put into 5 Walmart bags seems fair to me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think as long as you don't dye your hair turquoise blue, you'll be okay.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and I wish they kept the video rolling to get the cops reaction after he read the receipt. Or maybe he didnt because he knew the receipt wasnt legit? :tinfoil:

Its a good thing this wasnt a big screen TV or other big ticket item. I suspect the force continuum would have escalated to shots fired. :rolleyes:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    "I don't have to show you my receipt."

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    A security officer can use reasonable force to detain a suspected shoplifter for a reasonable time, solely for the purpose of investigating a crime.

The guy paid for his pizza. He wasn't observed not paying. He wasn't observed putting items in his pocket.

He may have been observed leaving the store without a bag for his single frozen pizza. He wasn't observed stealing it. If someone ran after me, better duck.

Edit: I suspect he was tackled after a confrontation over the receipt and refusing to be detained. He could have just complied, but doesn't have to. He wasn't witnessed committing a crime.
    Both had a hill to die on I guess.

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    A security officer can use reasonable force to detain a suspected shoplifter for a reasonable time, solely for the purpose of investigating a crime.

The guy paid for his pizza. He wasn't observed not paying. He wasn't observed putting items in his pocket.

He may have been observed leaving the store without a bag for his single frozen pizza. He wasn't observed stealing it. If someone ran after me, better duck.

Edit: I suspect he was tackled after a confrontation over the receipt and refusing to be detained. He could have just complied, but doesn't have to. He wasn't witnessed committing a crime.
    I'd say that the security drone and officer knees just dragged Wally world up the hill with them

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Exactly. A knee on the neck and a threat to break his nose, over a frozen pizza for which no RAS was articulated had even been stolen?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Exactly. A knee on the neck and a threat to break his nose, over a frozen pizza for which no RAS was articulated had even been stolen?
    Not Wally world, but another store in Nashville aka Trashville, dispute over overcharged items resulted in lack of customer service desk employee calling for security because a 75 year old man yelled at her so she felt threatened. Enter large security person who picks up barely ambulatory senior and slams him to the ground.

Yeah that one is not going to end well for big chain union grocery store!

Top Bottom