www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dear Walmart,

I see you have a new option to email my receipt INSTEAD of printing it.
    If you are going to give customers the option to not print a receipt, you need to stop harassing customers as they exit demanding to see a receipt that they legit may not have, BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM THE OPTION NOT TO PRINT. :xmad:

As I left a store yesterday, a poor woman was being accosted by a greeter that insisted on seeing the receipt for what looked to me like a boxed cake (so not a high dollar item), but she couldn't produce a receipt because she chose the email option, and her email wouldn't come up on her phone.

Either make us print receipts, or stop checking for receipts. You cant have it both ways.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why wouldn't her email come up on her phone? I agree though. If they're offering the email option, they should drop the receipt check.
    No signal and not attached to their wifi? I could see her smartphone screen was blank.

I know in my Lowes and Meijer I have NO data inside the buildings. I have no choice but to use their hotspot if I want data.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Dear Walmart,

I see you have a new option to email my receipt INSTEAD of printing it.
    If you are going to give customers the option to not print a receipt, you need to stop harassing customers as they exit demanding to see a receipt that they legit may not have, BECAUSE YOU GAVE THEM THE OPTION NOT TO PRINT. :xmad:

As I left a store yesterday, a poor woman was being accosted by a greeter that insisted on seeing the receipt for what looked to me like a boxed cake (so not a high dollar item), but she couldn't produce a receipt because she chose the email option, and her email wouldn't come up on her phone.

Either make us print receipts, or stop checking for receipts. You cant have it both ways.
    Oh there is a simple solution here Aldi, they have far superior produce, and unique items.

As far as the receipt checker depends on their attitude whether my response is polite or curt.
    My wife is quick to remind them they are Not Sam‘s Club.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No signal and not attached to their wifi? I could see her smartphone screen was blank.

I know in my Lowes and Meijer I have NO data inside the buildings. I have no choice but to use their hotspot if I want data.
    Wow, I guess I've just never run into that. It's not like Camby (I assume that's the Walmart where this happened) is in the middle of BFE.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Bedford Walmart must be short staffed because they don’t have receipt checkers at the doors. They have the attendant at the self checkouts but that’s it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh there is a simple solution here Aldi, they have far superior produce, and unique items.

As far as the receipt checker depends on their attitude whether my response is polite or curt.
    I used that once. I refuse to show my receipt unless its huge like a bike or flat screen. I can understand that. But if it fits in a bag, detain me if you think its stolen.

I simply show them the receipt in my hand and dont stop. If they insist on saying they need to read it, I say no thank you and keep walking. Most greeters dont get their panties in a bunch. Heck, for a while there was one dude who eventually recognized me and would point at the receipt give me a thumbs up and wish me a good day and I would reciprocate.

One literally stomped her feet and thrust her fists down at her sides like a toddler that didnt get a cookie. When she did that I turned around, stopped, and said "I think you are mistaken. We are at Walmart, not Sams club. I dont HAVE to show you my receipt to leave."

Just be careful. Legal eagles say if you push it too hard they can have you trespassed, so your best bet is to not stop and chat them up and give them the chance. Just keep saying "No thank you, have a good day." and keep moving.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Any reason why ya just don't tell them, "no, you can't see my receipt"?
    Is it a law you have to produce proof you've purchased their products?
    No. Thats the thing. clubs like sams and costco can enforce that because its in the member agreement. I never entered into that contract at a regular retail store. So no. I dont have to show it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I used that once. I refuse to show my receipt unless its huge like a bike or flat screen. I can understand that. But if it fits in a bag, detain me if you think its stolen.

I simply show them the receipt in my hand and dont stop. If they insist on saying they need to read it, I say no thank you and keep walking. Most greeters dont get their panties in a bunch. Heck, for a while there was one dude who eventually recognized me and would point at the receipt give me a thumbs up and wish me a good day and I would reciprocate.

One literally stomped her feet and thrust her fists down at her sides like a toddler that didnt get a cookie. When she did that I turned around, stopped, and said "I think you are mistaken. We are at Walmart, not Sams club. I dont HAVE to show you my receipt to leave."

Just be careful. Legal eagles say if you push it too hard they can have you trespassed, so your best bet is to not stop and chat them up and give them the chance. Just keep saying "No thank you, have a good day." and keep moving.
    I refuse to show my receipt, period. If they suspect me of a crime, they can feel free to detain me. Well, try...

A few years ago, we went to Walmart, bought our stuff, and walked out. As we were leaving, the alarm went off. The greeter tried to step in front of me and ask for my receipt. I said, no thanks, and walked around him. He follows me out, gets in front of me again and demands to see my receipt. I say no again and walk around him. He then follows me out the door yelling that I have to show him my receipt. My daughter, in her sweetest voice, says, "daddy, is somebody going to get sued?" I said, "looks like it". That guy immediately turned around and ran for the safety of the store.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I refuse to show my receipt, period. If they suspect me of a crime, they can feel free to detain me. Well, try...

A few years ago, we went to Walmart, bought our stuff, and walked out. As we were leaving, the alarm went off. The greeter tried to step in front of me and ask for my receipt. I said, no thanks, and walked around him. He follows me out, gets in front of me again and demands to see my receipt. I say no again and walk around him. He then follows me out the door yelling that I have to show him my receipt. My daughter, in her sweetest voice, says, "daddy, is somebody going to get sued?" I said, "looks like it". That guy immediately turned around and ran for the safety of the store.
    I'll give a little. The tiniest bit. Besides, how often am I buying a bike or big screen TV? :dunno:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

We have one of those Karen’s here. Fun to watch them try to respond in ASL.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

But Aldi, may have your favorite item for a few days, weeks or months. That doesn't mean they will always have it on the shelf.
    If one sees a product at Aldi its usually prudent to buy in excess. You may never see it again.

Top Bottom