• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I just received my completed form 1 (e-filed on a trust) in 20 days. Submitted on 3/31 and received today, 4/19.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Form 1 e-filed trust in 20 days? How did you manage that?

I'm sitting here with all the form 1 paperwork ready to send in for a 22LR. Is there a way to change everything over to an eform?

I've done eforms for form 4 suppressors in the past, never a form 1.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Form 1 e-filed trust in 20 days? How did you manage that?

I'm sitting here with all the form 1 paperwork ready to send in for a 22LR. Is there a way to change everything over to an eform?

I've done eforms for form 4 suppressors in the past, never a form 1.

Just go online and redo it. First time I've done one since the 41f B.S. , and it was pretty painless. Got my MPX filed about half an hour ago!

Last edited:

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I should say that it took about a week to get all of the paperwork and fingerprint cards together because we have five people on our trust, so the whole process was about four weeks.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    My last Form 4 took exactly 280 days from the time my card got charged to approval. Another 7 days before the stamp showed up at the dealer. My prior form 4s took anywhere from just shy of 4 months to 6 months, and I had 2 form 1s take 3 months, but that was a couple years ago. Getting ready to efile a couple form 1s just because the wait times are super short by the sounds of it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just go online and redo it. First time I've done one since the 41f B.S. , and it was pretty painless. Got my MPX filed about half an hour ago!

Well crap. I got it backwards. I've done efile form 1 but not form 4. I've only done paper individual and trust form 4. The efile form 4 is not available right now. I guess I'll go ahead and build another suppressor while waiting an eternity for my Sig 22LR can to get out of jail.

https://eforms.atf.gov/EForms

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Dumb question here, but I'll ask anyways as I've been interested in the "stamp/waiting" game.
    Does one need to purchase whatever requires a stamp i.e. suppressor/SBR, and put the serial number from said item on the form 4? OR, does one apply for stamp with form 4, and then go buy what they are wanting?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Dumb question here, but I'll ask anyways as I've been interested in the "stamp/waiting" game.
    Does one need to purchase whatever requires a stamp i.e. suppressor/SBR, and put the serial number from said item on the form 4? OR, does one apply for stamp with form 4, and then go buy what they are wanting?
    Purchase your NFA toy, fill out F4 with your toys info and sent in the form with your $200. Toy stays at dealer till approved form comes back affixed stamp on it. Rejoice and go pick up your toy. (About 10-12 months later)

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Well crap. I got it backwards. I've done efile form 1 but not form 4. I've only done paper individual and trust form 4. The efile form 4 is not available right now. I guess I'll go ahead and build another suppressor while waiting an eternity for my Sig 22LR can to get out of jail.

https://eforms.atf.gov/EForms

I've been reading online today that form 4 is coming back to efile, soon. How soon is soon? It's the .gov, so who knows! I'm hoping really soon though!

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Just got off the phone with the ATF - very nice woman informed me that my 3 stamps were approved! She also said current wait times are estimated right at about 9 months. (Actual wait time for me was 11 months.) YMMV

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Had to bring this old thread back from the dead, but my search didn't bring up any newer results...

Anybody have any ideas on the wait times for suppressor paperwork these days?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Had to bring this old thread back from the dead, but my search didn't bring up any newer results...

Anybody have any ideas on the wait times for suppressor paperwork these days?
    Form 4s are taking right around 6 months right now from time of stamps being cashed. Seeing a relatively high amount of stamps being lost by USPS as well (probably less than 1%, but a lot more frequent than before china virus).

Top Bottom