• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Derbster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Lawrenceburg
    Well I decided to finally put on a colt odg 4 pos. tube on my centurion lower that I've had for a little bit along with a magpul endplate and a fcd castle nut. I also just got this Vism block to help to do it. I have another lower I want to swap tubes on and so does my neighbor so I figure why not get a tool to help with that job. It seemed to work great.
    I was conflicted on getting this or the geissele or some of the others out there but for like $32 I can't go wrong. I used a generic ar15 armorer's wrench. It worked but didn't care for it. Is there any castle nut wrenches or tools you guys like?
    tempImagerZcXB2.jpg

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    You know what I use? I use a brass punch and a little ball peen hammer. I use the notches on the castle nut with the brass punch and I tap it in to position give it one good whack to tighten it down and then I stake it in place. No fancy castle nut tool. Just a good brass punch and a 8 oz ball peen hammer.

I've been doing that for years I've never had a problem with any of the castle nuts that I've installed that way with either my rifles or anybody else's that I've built

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I've used several different wrenches and the brass punch method.
    Bought the Magpul armorer's wrench 5/6 yrs ago(?) Wish I'd bought it sooner .

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Magpul Armorer's Wrench. Engages both stock and pin-style barrel nuts. Fits standard sized flash hiders. Installs and removes rifle receiver extensions and carbine castle nuts, and has extended teeth for use with ASAP® plates.

Top Bottom