Pretty much like so most of the time...even when I'm not on safari! :D

downsized_0714091310-1.jpg

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    this one would be good for little league games and such, drink pockets in the back :)

Concealed Carry Vests! $39.95! Omega Man does it again!

I'm looking for something to use for summer carry, Little League games etc where I'm gonna be around lots of young kids.

hmm. while not a viable fashion choice for me, that might be the best solution for your situation.

could you go with a sub compact in pocket holster in a cargo pocket of some shorts or something like that?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm curious, how many of you wear vest when carrying?

I always thought it kind of screams CC, much like a fanny pack, but I'm considering something like this for summer carry.

5.11 Tactical Vest | Tactical Vests | 5.11 Tactical

Just wondered how many of you actually dig the vest?

I wear a Sigtac vest my wife got me three or four years ago fairly frequently. It's got lots of pockets, keeps my gun fairly dry if it's raining, and doesn't get in the way of the draw. Yeah, to anyone who should know it kinda hollers "gun," but I don't much care about that.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm thinking something like that would be good.

Getting more in to "Rhino mode", I think I need to be carrying spare mag, flashlight, first aid kit and so forth. Something like that would be pretty easy to accommodate such items.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have a vest for the rhino gear idea... as it turns out, I just use it for bicycling.

We like to bike and going out on long trails makes having a mouse gun not very appealing... let alone I don't like crap in my pockets when riding for several miles.

They definitely have their place but for everyday use, it's not for me. I bought two 5.11 vests and I only use/d the OD one. If you decide on a 5.11 let me know, I'll sell/trade it to you, tags are still on it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm curious, how many of you wear vest when carrying?

I always thought it kind of screams CC, much like a fanny pack, but I'm considering something like this for summer carry.

5.11 Tactical Vest | Tactical Vests | 5.11 Tactical

Just wondered how many of you actually dig the vest?

I wear vests once in a while but not because I'm carrying. I like to keep all my turkey calls and turkey hunt "gotta haves" in the pockets of the turkey hunting vest. It hangs on the porch during turkey season and got my gun, got my vest, got every thing I need to kill turkeys.

Same for hike/explore. Got my vest and I got my maps, gps, compass, saw, what ever I been using.

This way I don't have to shuffle from pocket to pocket for warmer weather, every day with different cloths, rain, leave a little pile here or there or out in the truck.

Top Bottom