Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    walter-sobchak.jpg

Vests are serious business.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have a vest similar to what 451 posted, marketed by CAMPMOR. I wear it, at times, for comfort and at times when I want to CC. I also wear it at the Conservation Club while fishing/boating to be able to carry extra tackle and such.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    9903.jpeg

Here is how I roll.
    :rockwoot:This is identical to what I wear. Before I got it, I commonly would wear a similar vest which is not a carry vest, just because it is my style.(No transition difficulties). I like the thing so much, I even wear it to church, where I can't carry. (school property and such)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Fleece vests (polartec, etc) are pretty common around here (and thus don't draw special attention). I rarely wear a VOMP (vest of many pockets) anymore unless I'm camping, fishing, etc. where it fits the context better. A more fashionable vest + cargo pants gets the same job done.

BTW, fleece vests go on sale in the Spring with the rest of the fall/winter wear.

Hawaiian and other printed shirts do the duty during summertime.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Vests.... make me look like a douche. Seriously. :dunno:

I have no idea what "Rhino" gear is, but I carry my gun on me, flashlight in the pocket, ipod touch, cell phone, credit cards, cash, id, etc in a Maxpedition RAT wallet that is either on my belt or in my pocket dpeending, and a multitool.

None of this requires, a vest. its a wallet, a flashlight, a multitool and a gun.

I think its important that our cover garments are things people actually wear in our line of work / social circle.

Thats just me tho, vest it up if you dig it. :)

You arent a heavy guy, but I do know that the more overweight a guy is, the better he looks in a vest <that sounded.... kinda homo> and the skinnier a guy is, the more rednecky he ends up lookin.

my opinion :)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    . . . but I carry my gun on me, . . . in a Maxpedition RAT wallet that is either on my belt or in my pocket . . .

Look like nifty wallets. Did you mean that you carry a gun in the wallet? They look a little small for that.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    since i ride a harley 90% of the time in the warm weather months...i have been known to wear a leather vest or 2....i usually buy em, then take em to Sleepy Hollow leathers in Porter, he then makes a concealed pocket in the lower left front that custom fits my gun...he does a great job....i've been frisked by leos and they have missed it....he also custom makes jackets the same way...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've never seen anyone wear a vest outside of the 1500 show. I've been curious if these make it too warm to wear when it's hot outside.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've never seen anyone wear a vest outside of the 1500 show. I've been curious if these make it too warm to wear when it's hot outside.

Yes, IMHO. That's when the Hawaiian shirts come out when I wanna cover up, or when I need to dress a little more formally.

But they are nice in spring and fall.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Do you carry a gun IN the wallet?

no heh its "ipod touch, cell phone, credit cards, cash, id, etc in a Maxpedition RAT wallet"

I carry the ipod, cell phone and credit cards / cash in it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have no idea what "Rhino" gear is, but I carry my gun on me, flashlight in the pocket, ipod touch, cell phone, credit cards, cash, id, etc in a Maxpedition RAT wallet that is either on my belt or in my pocket dpeending, and a multitool.

Meet INGO'er / ACT Instructor Rhino

18_Mar_17.jpg

He's been known to carry a few items on his person as well. Enough that I would probably need a backpack to carry them all.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wow. he makes that 1911 look like an LCP!

If I was that big, I could probably conceal anything, and carry half a trunkfull of stuff in my cavernous cargo pants pockets.

I think I had better start eatin more cheetos. That sounds pretty nice actually.

IWB carry a 6 inch 10mm 1911 with no problems... it would be worth upsizing all my clothes :)

Top Bottom