• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it were a heart attach from lifelong smoking, he'd already be filming an anti-smoking PSA.
    Ain’t this the truth. If he (or any other celebrity) even knew a person who was affected by guns, drunk driving, etc. they’re all over those causes. They just can’t violate company policy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    True, perhaps. But by the time we're that far collapsed I'll have options available to me that I did not have during the scamdemic. Overreaching power grabs under the guise of "emergency" ranks pretty high on my list of priorities. Maybe not number one, but certainly in the single digits and low enough to count on one hand.
    We're not far apart, I just believe its more important stabilize the country, the currency and the economy first

I would rather see an effort to craft draft legislation for states to adopt to make their governors accountable to the legislature after a very short time. A governor should not worry that any legitimate wouldn't have the support of the legislature

I would prefer to see support thrown to federalism at the national level but I'm not sure you can mandate it. I don't see some kind of 'Emergency Powers Act' modeled on the war powers act getting through congress without a super majority, so I just see it as a Quixotic expenditure of time and political capital

If you make things quickly better for the people economically then I think it is easier to lead them on more esoteric issues

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    His pride simply won’t let him admit the vaccines were a mistake. You’d think he could parse his actions…like “everyone wanted a vaccine. I cleared the way to get it done. Had I known then what we know now that Pfizer (et al) were lying to me about their safety and effectiveness, I would have never have let this happen to the American people.” For heaven’s sake man.

Look at me, I was super awesome and did super awesome stuff that other people really liked. Too bad you lost people, not my fault. Did I mention I am super awesome?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We're not far apart, I just believe its more important stabilize the country, the currency and the economy first

I would rather see an effort to craft draft legislation for states to adopt to make their governors accountable to the legislature after a very short time. A governor should not worry that any legitimate wouldn't have the support of the legislature

I would prefer to see support thrown to federalism at the national level but I'm not sure you can mandate it. I don't see some kind of 'Emergency Powers Act' modeled on the war powers act getting through congress without a super majority, so I just see it as a Quixotic expenditure of time and political capital

If you make things quickly better for the people economically then I think it is easier to lead them on more esoteric issues
    Agreed, but as we saw from the 2020 election, people whose lives had been made better were gaslit into believing they were worse off than they were in 2016. Resolving that problem is something fairly high on the list of todo’s. But yeah, you have to actually help people become economically better off before you can convince them that they’re actually netter off. I’m not even sure that’s possible with gen Z. There’s an urgency to turn things around while there are still enough sane people to matter.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The finer point is, the vaccine skeptics are by no means a majority and at this point people have been so propagandized to believe the gov't health care departments are 'keeping them safe' that making crushing the CDC would be a tough sell if you had to list the benefits for the average person

Better to establish credibility via competence in areas of demonstrably broader benefit and then spend that political capital on areas where there is less agreement - and even such things as energy self-sufficiency and stabilizing the grid have been made a tough sell by relentless propaganda

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The finer point is, the vaccine skeptics are by no means a majority and at this point people have been so propagandized to believe the gov't health care departments are 'keeping them safe' that making crushing the CDC would be a tough sell if you had to list the benefits for the average person

Better to establish credibility via competence in areas of demonstrably broader benefit and then spend that political capital on areas where there is less agreement - and even such things as energy self-sufficiency and stabilizing the grid have been made a tough sell by relentless propaganda
    In terms of fixing the healthcare regulatory apparatus, the hard sell there is the big pharma lobby. What’s needed as a base fix is at least get to the point where the regulating bodies aren’t funded by the industry they’re regulating. And you might find some non-establishment Democrats willing to sign onto that bill but the CoC/neocons will scream bloody murder.

And thst step has nothing to do with anti or pro-vax. Stop the big pharma influence on regulators. Make what amounts to bribery a crime again. Even my far left, “vaccines/masks saved us” in-laws agree with that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Get money out of politics == clean the Augean stables

I'd prefer they take on jobs that can actually be done, by men rather than demigods, early in an administration

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Huh is right. They declared the emergency over, they have to rescind the EUAs.
    That would be logical. But little about this had been logical. If logic has returned we’ll run across the announcements concerning the Pfizer and Moderna shots soon.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0