Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Watched first half of this so far. Dr. Malone states there's a case to be made that a pause in vaccines has merits, vaccines are creating escape mutant variants, and that natural immunity is more protective, potent and long lasting. He also states although he developed mRNA, he had no hand in these rushed vaccines and that it was grossly naive how it was developed, the rulebook was thrown away. The government decided to do whatever they wanted and have run over the Constitution and Bill of Rights by imposing medical procedures.

If you don't want them, fine. But why pause it? Let's give people the choice.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That rumbling you hear is the sound of goalposts moving. Next phase, keep masking forever and suffer random shutdowns in order to save people from the flu

Still, perhaps other, targeted versions of the restrictions deployed during the pandemic could work. Linsey Marr, an environmental engineer at Virginia Tech, proposed a sort of “circuit breaker” system, in which schools and workplaces could go remote for a week or two to slow flu transmission during severe local outbreaks. Before shutdowns kick in, people could keep a close eye on flu cases in their area—just as many have monitored COVID numbers over the past two years—and make their own personal risk assessments. For one person, Lakdawala imagines, that might mean being more efficient in a crowded grocery store; for another, masking at a movie theater. (That said, people tend to be less than perfect at gauging the danger of different situations.)

Masks, in theory, are one of the simplest pandemic-times interventions to hold on to. They are “the low-hanging fruit,” says the Emory University immunologist Anice Lowen, because, unlike shutdowns or restrictions on indoor gatherings, they don’t disrupt our daily routines. In an ideal world, several epidemiologists told me, people would mask in crowded indoor spaces during flu season—if not all the time, then at least when case counts are on the rise. If that became the norm, Marr told me, “we would see huge reductions in colds and flus. No question.”

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That rumbling you hear is the sound of goalposts moving. Next phase, keep masking forever and suffer random shutdowns in order to save people from the flu

What a bunch of idiots! Like it was unknown that if we stopped being social creatures and stopped our social style business we could all lockdown and rarely get sick. What the hell kind of life is that?

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So the NBA pressures a player not to tell his story of vaccine effects. How many stories do we not know?

Ff&j
    Can't happen, it's perfectly safe and effective.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Can't be true, it's from GP.

Don't know, don't care if this is sarcasm, or you do have a problem with GP as a "source."

This sounds like the old "dig," "well, it's on Drudge Report so it can be ignored." That site only every linked to other peoples reporting/opinions that were less than promoted by the corporate press.

Gateway Pundit isn't far off on that. They package less promoted articles/opinion from the corporate media with more sensational headlines and a little more paranoia then I'd prefer (though these days can one be paranoid enough?)

So, ABRACADABRA, POOF, the story is now credible because it's the original source and not a source some dislike (though one can argue that MSN should not be a trusted source either.)

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Don't know, don't care if this is sarcasm, or you do have a problem with GP as a "source."

This sounds like the old "dig," "well, it's on Drudge Report so it can be ignored." That site only every linked to other peoples reporting/opinions that were less than promoted by the corporate press.

Gateway Pundit isn't far off on that. They package less promoted articles/opinion from the corporate media with more sensational headlines and a little more paranoia then I'd prefer (though these days can one be paranoid enough?)

So, ABRACADABRA, POOF, the story is now credible because it's the original source and not a source some dislike (though one can argue that MSN should not be a trusted source either.)

You don't know about the purple thing?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's a pretty short list of media orgs with no credibility. Would you like to add others to preserve your credibility?
    Oh there are a lot of bloggers that don't make the cut because they really aren't journalists. WaPo is presently the top of my list for media enterprises that deserve to have their doors welded shut. They've become a branch of Ebony Magazine and the Berkeley Barb.

PragerU also makes the list.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Oh there are a lot of bloggers that don't make the cut because they really aren't journalists. WaPo is presently the top of my list for media enterprises that deserve to have their doors welded shut. They've become a branch of Ebony Magazine and the Berkeley Barb.

PragerU also makes the list.
    CNN? I mean they have a pattern of telling outright provable lies. No MSNBC, NPR, Foxnews? NYT, Newsweek, Time?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't watch cable news. They aren't journalists anyway. They are entertainment.

NY Times, on occasion, understands what it means to be a free press. But the over-use of adjectives and adverbs has turned much of their truly fact-based reporting into editorials.

My general rule of thumb: If you need to add an adjective, especially a hyphenated adjective (i.e., freedom-loving), you are printing garbage.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't watch cable news. They aren't journalists anyway. They are entertainment.

NY Times, on occasion, understands what it means to be a free press. But the over-use of adjectives and adverbs has turned much of their truly fact-based reporting into editorials.

My general rule of thumb: If you need to add an adjective, especially a hyphenated adjective (i.e., freedom-loving), you are printing garbage.
    Outstanding post! You spelled out the primary reason I'll immediately dismiss a "news" piece. I don't need to be told how to feel, I just want to hear the facts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom