• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m assuming most people aren’t actually watching this video. If they are, they’re twisting it to be something it’s not.

Imagine being good at your job and telling people something bad is eventually going to happen and that people aren’t taking it seriously and therefore aren’t spending the money to get ahead of it. The bad thing happens and people start saying you planned the bad thing. They say you’re an evil CCP plant trying to help globalists take over the world. All because you spent your life in a given field and knew the bad thing was absolutely going to happen, and had almost happened a few years earlier except we got lucky. They use your warning as evidence of something nefarious. That would be frustrating I bet.

The same thing happened on Wall Street in 2008. A few smart people saw the bubble was about to burst and invested heavily on it. Then it burst, just like they thought. Is that proof they planned it, or were just smart people who knew it was bound to happen?

The analogy does not work because the Fauc funded the gain of function of the virus. Those predicting the stock market crash would have needed to be invoking the creation of the crash to be similar...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In a previous life, were you ever told to keep an eye out for a certain vehicle linked to a crime? A green Nissan Sentra was used in a shooting, maybe. Suddenly there are green Sentras everywhere you turn? I think there’s a lot of that going on lately.
    We can disagree. I think there’s a lot of head in the sand denial going on. Like everything else, it’s gonna vary depending upon one’s perspective.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    We can disagree. I think there’s a lot of head in the sand denial going on. Like everything else, it’s gonna vary depending upon one’s perspective.
    For sure. One side can call it burying heads in sand. The other can call it looking for links that aren’t there. The bottom line for either side, what meaningful action can be take to change the course of anything?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    In a previous life, were you ever told to keep an eye out for a certain vehicle linked to a crime? A green Nissan Sentra was used in a shooting, maybe. Suddenly there are green Sentras everywhere you turn? I think there’s a lot of that going on lately.
    Or we're a frogs in a pot. Which has more a more disastrous outcome?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The one we don't talk about
    Judging by trajectories of the last 18 months, the next several months to a year will demonstrate whether that's the only viable solution remaining. Judging by the last month, I'm leaning toward months. Some serious policy reversals are needed to change my mind.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m assuming most people aren’t actually watching this video. If they are, they’re twisting it to be something it’s not.

Imagine being good at your job and telling people something bad is eventually going to happen and that people aren’t taking it seriously and therefore aren’t spending the money to get ahead of it. The bad thing happens and people start saying you planned the bad thing. They say you’re an evil CCP plant trying to help globalists take over the world. All because you spent your life in a given field and knew the bad thing was absolutely going to happen, and had almost happened a few years earlier except we got lucky. They use your warning as evidence of something nefarious. That would be frustrating I bet.

The same thing happened on Wall Street in 2008. A few smart people saw the bubble was about to burst and invested heavily on it. Then it burst, just like they thought. Is that proof they planned it, or were just smart people who knew it was bound to happen?
    A highly edited video always make me suspicious.
    These people make me more suspicious. There’s too many coincidences they get right, they’re not that good at what they do, or good people.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The bottom line for either side, what meaningful action can be take to change the course of anything?
    Simple non compliance is all I'm interested in at this point. As I've said many times here before: don't start none, won't be none. Things will have to get much worse before enough people get fed up that there is a chance of changing things. As for now, I plan to continue enjoying life until someone feels they have the right to interfere with that.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Simple non compliance is all I'm interested in at this point. As I've said many times here before: don't start none, won't be none. Things will have to get much worse before enough people get fed up that there is a chance of changing things. As for now, I plan to continue enjoying life until someone feels they have the right to interfere with that.
    I’ll tie this into the comment about “the thing we don’t talk about.” Peaceful non-compliance with further intrusion is a great goal. I’m all for that. I’m not sure where all the conspiracy theories fit into that, though. Biden overstepping his authority seems to be a good enough reason.

I know you recently lost your job over your convictions, so respect for that. A lot of people will talk about it, but you went beyond talk.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A highly edited video always make me suspicious.
    These people make me more suspicious. There’s too many coincidences they get right, they’re not that good at what they do, or good people.
    The person who posted it said it was proof of the whole thing being pre-planned. Now it’s “highly edited?” So it’s not proof?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The person who posted it said it was proof of the whole thing being pre-planned. Now it’s “highly edited?” So it’s not proof?
    Not saying that. It’s highly edited, that’s just a fact, probably because someone wants to get info out and knows most won’t watch anything but a clip. The entire vid exists somewhere. An edited vid makes me suspicious because context can get lost.

A separate fact is that someone posted it, believing it is proof. That’s their conclusion.

My first take is that a highly edited video may come with ulterior motives.
    But the fact that these people (in the vid) are without a doubt in my mind coming at us with ulterior motives trumps that.

You made the point (my take) that people might actually be good at what they do, and be able to make a prediction, and an out of context vid doesn’t prove they didn’t. My take on that was just that I don’t think they’re that good.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The boiling pot thing is a myth. Frogs know to get out when things get uncomfortable, as do people.
    It's metaphorical and seems to be a characteristic more strongly associated with the sociological awareness of humans than the physiological awareness of frogs.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Not saying that. It’s highly edited, that’s just a fact, probably because someone wants to get info out and knows most won’t watch anything but a clip. The entire vid exists somewhere. An edited vid makes me suspicious because context can get lost.

A separate fact is that someone posted it, believing it is proof. That’s their conclusion.

My first take is that a highly edited video may come with ulterior motives.
    But the fact that these people (in the vid) are without a doubt in my mind coming at us with ulterior motives trumps that.

You made the point (my take) that people might actually be good at what they do, and be able to make a prediction, and an out of context vid doesn’t prove they didn’t. My take on that was just that I don’t think they’re that good.
    It's "edited" for brevity. I'm certain 99.9% of people won't watch a 2-4 hour video, or however long that discussion drug on, to get to the pertinent parts. If you think what they've said was misconstrued, I'm sure the full video is available, so that you can add the context you think is missing.

There are people in places of influence and power that are now saying out loud the things that make up the "conspiracies" many people have been mocked for warning others about.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I know you recently lost your job over your convictions, so respect for that. A lot of people will talk about it, but you went beyond talk.
    In the interest of being 100% upfront about it, it was nowhere near as big of a deal for me then it will be for many others. I have a pension which pays my bills (at least for now) so losing the job, while a significant inconvenience is not going to put us on the street. I'll have to find a way to pay for the daughter's college yet, but aside from that I am not in a terrible place financially.

I just don't want anyone to think I've made myself a martyr and will be living on the streets. We certainly will be tightening the belt around here but for now the bills are still paid.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Peaceful non compliance requires Martyrs to be successful

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom