• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So, Matt. Can I call you Matt? Dont care. Gonna do it anyway.

So, Matty, does part of your reform include getting criminals to follow the law too? No? Then its a ridiculous, child-like idea.

I didn't hear it all. He lost any credibility when he said "damned guns," though. That and talking about "background checks," that we all know did happen, yet here we are.

It's quite annoying that McConaughey talks as if he is above the two party system, yet speaks in democrat talking points. :xmad:

..............................................................................................................................................

...McConaughey argued "responsible gun owners are fed up by the Second Amendment" and encouraged "both sides see above the political problem at hand."...

.................................................................................................................................

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn't hear it all. He lost any credibility when he said "damned guns," though.

...McConaughey argued "responsible gun owners are fed up by the Second Amendment" and encouraged "both sides see above the political problem at hand."...

Why TF is Matthew McConaughey giving a White House address?? Doesn't he have Lincolns to hawk?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I missed the first few minutes of The Five. When I tuned in, Dana was talking of McCo as some kind of middle ground "hero," so some idiots are buying it.

Certainly gonna have to go find a YouTube of The Five from the beginning. Tulsi is the lib at the table today. She is friends with McCo and it would be good to hear her current take on gun control. :scratch:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I didn't hear it all. He lost any credibility when he said "damned guns," though. That and talking about "background checks," that we all know did happen, yet here we are.

It's quite annoying that McConaughey talks as if he is above the two party system, yet speaks in democrat talking points. :xmad:

..............................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................

This ***hole can GTH

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    He lost me at "keep firearms out of the hands of "dangerous people".

By golly every human on the planet can be dangerous under the right circumstances. You cant make people NOT be dangerous.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

In the interest of fairness here is McConaughey's full quote.

McConaughey argued "responsible gun owners are fed up by the Second Amendment being abused and hijacked by some deranged individuals" and encouraged "both sides see above the political problem at hand."

I would say to him that responsible gun owners are fed up with politicians and the media abusing our 2nd Amendment rights by hijacking the aftermath of these evil acts committed by some deranged individual as an excuse to take away our rights and demonize us for something we did not do.

That is what we are fed up with Matthew.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Why all the talk of Sueing the gun manufacturers but none of sueing the cowards who sat outside and did nothing.

I’d argue that by stopping parents and bystanders, some of whom we now know were armed, that the state did indeed actively deprive those children of life and liberty.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Ok let’s lay it out like this, essentially a large part of my job is a lock out tag out function. my job has the potential to kill multiple people every day if I fail to follow standard practices, safety rules ect. If I grossly violate those standard practices and make up my own on the spot, over-ride safeguards and just straight up not do my job properly despite all the training/warnings/safeguards and jamil dies while working on the equipment I told him was safe is rooster in some way morally and legally responsible for jamils death?

I think so, I think in that scenario and the one we are looking at standard practices were not followed in a situation where death was a likely outcome from failing to follow those standard practices.

It’s standard practice to Breech the door, this whole “barricaded suspect” angle is clearly a breach of protocol. It doesn’t matter if it’s just a patrol officer by himself with soft armor and no radio, you breech the door. That’s the standard practice because to do less puts lives in danger.
    Not to sidetrack things, but in my lock out/tag out training, Jamil would have to have his lock/tag on the equipment and verify it is in safe condition himself. You can lock it out too, but as the person working on the equipment he “must“ have his on it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    In the interest of fairness here is McConaughey's full quote.

McConaughey argued "responsible gun owners are fed up by the Second Amendment being abused and hijacked by some deranged individuals" and encouraged "both sides see above the political problem at hand."

I would say that responsible gun owners are fed up with politicians and the media abusing our 2nd Amendment rights by hijacking the aftermath of these evil acts committed by some deranged individual as an excuse to take away our rights and demonize us for something we did not do.

That is what we are fed up with Matthew.

Well said and AMEN

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom