• Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I live in a pretty conservative area, and I don’t have much confidence in finding more than one or two teachers in any of the schools around here who are willing or capable of being the armed guardians of their buildings.

We need trained professionals. And we also need a society that doesn’t start shrieking when an evil **** bag is put down where they belong.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    How about using our property taxes for that instead of fancy stadiums, swimming pools, etc.? You know that when you say "the federal government to fund", you're saying YOU and WE should fund, right?
    Yes I know WE will fund it but I’m good with it. We waste billions on stupid S*** every year let’s put some of that into protecting our kids.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We gave the schools billions of dollars to fight covid. Armed security would have been money better spent.
    If only there was a way the stop the funds for "Build back better" until something is done to harden schools from vicious attacks.

I would much rather see funding to secure schools and school grounds than forcing one political party's agenda onto the people.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I live in a pretty conservative area, and I don’t have much confidence in finding more than one or two teachers in any of the schools around here who are willing or capable of being the armed guardians of their buildings.

We need trained professionals. And we also need a society that doesn’t start shrieking when an evil **** bag is put down where they belong.
    Do you not have SRO’s not being sarcastic but asking.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can't wait for yet another woeful tale of institutional failure. Red flags, known to law enforcement, talked about his plans ahead of time, etc etc. Same old. :wallbash:

And, of course, the total coincidence that it happens right after the media finally got a shooting they liked and blew it up on every television screen.

AP says a Border Patrol agent ran into the school, killed the gunman, and sustained injury himself. Where were the people whose job it was to protect those kids?

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Sick twisted little bastard. Unfortunately, there are more like him. If they are of the mind to do something heinous like this and are determined to do so they will. No matter what gun laws are in place.
    There are, and always will be, vile creatures walking amongst us. That's exactly why I will never relinquish my right to defend myself.

It has always baffled me how these events become posters and screaming points for the anti-self-defense crowd. Does anyone really believe there is a magic legislation pen that can make the bad people go away? These are exactly the reasons people should take personal responsibility for their safety...not give up the means to do it!!!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Once again I'm reminded to just stay in the bored thread.

I figured this could be a logical discussion of what happened and details, but no, we have to have this fictional God character brought into it

Unreal
    I feel that statement is uncalled for.

You and others may not believe in God or the teachings of Jesus but others do. What does it matter to you if one wished to express their values and impact they believe God has on our lives? What reason would one have to make an insulting statement against those who do believe?

Does it make you feel better?

This is a very sad story about children being killed and people believing, as I do, that there has been a moral downfall since many have taken God out of the equation.

The families of many of those children are, right now, reaching out to, praying to the only hope they feel they have right now. The only peace they may have is from praying to God, and here you are ripping that only hope out of their hearts.

You should be ashamed.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    This is America. Thats your choice. God has been good for me and my family. I'm not saying he directly did anything to help me but living by the 10 commandments did.
    You do you. I do me.

I don't care what anyone's religion is as long as they don't try to push it on me. To each his own and it doesn't affect me. That being said, it is one of my peeves when someone infers that without god or religion morals collapse and only through god can they be rebuilt. It's no different than telling everyone you believe that no one can be a moral person without the threat of eternal damnation, which is a bunch of horse ****.

Anyway, I'd like to be done with the religious aspect of this topic which is about some ******* that murdered a bunch of kids for no apparent reason.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Do you not have SRO’s not being sarcastic but asking.
    Yes, “we” as in, around here in southern Indiana, do have SROs. But apparently, not everywhere does.

I know the libtard dip ***** across the river in Louisville don’t, they did away with that because it was racist. Bike lanes are more important to libtard dip *****, I guess.

Even still, I wouldn’t trust many of the teachers in this area to take on the responsibility.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Arm and train teachers.
    a BIG NO THANKS! I appreciate your thinking, and would agree under other circumstances. From what I've seen, many of the teachers and faculty are exactly the triggered Karen's that I DON'T want to have rapid access to deadly force. They are not mature, not mentally stable, and more likely should be prohibited possessors.

I'm worried enough about: 1. a gov't police state; and 2. the 're-education and indoctrination day-camp' that our schools have become. The thought of combining these two should scare the :poop: out of us all!!

My apologies to the fantastic people who are teachers. I know you're out there, but you're the exception to the rule. Even amongst the exceptions, those with the mindset to carry, train, and use, are still rare. I can only recall a few in my lifetime that fit. One was a shop teacher (we no longer seem to have those), and one was a former state police officer.

Nope - I think even if I were a teacher, spending time in the teachers lounge with my "peers" would make even me say "teachers shouldn't have guns at school".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom