• ...and so much more!
  • blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Is anyone interested in taking the RO class? Probably would be held at the Riley Conservation Club sometime before the 2022 outdoor season.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    If you haven't taken an RO class, but have shot fairly regularly for a season - I highly recommend you take an RO class. You will gain a better understanding of the rules, and greater insight and appreciation of what ROs do and why they do it. It's a relatively small commitment of time and money in the off season. Give back to the sport. It will pay dividends.

Steve, thanks for looking into/hosting this.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I would attend. Last one in this area was pre-covid, and not enough people enrolled in the first go-round.

How many are needed to have a class?

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    Why is virtual not an option again for these types of classes?
    We ALL need to keep asking Troy this question. IMO there is no valid reason to make RO and CRO classes in person. They should both be available online for free in an "on demand" fashion, with a sign off approval by a local CRO/RM. Anyone who shares these thoughts, please email Troy and let him know, and ask him to explain in detail why he is not onboard with making them available online.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Depending on when and where I would do it even though I don't shoot USPSA. I just think it would be good knowledge to have. Plus I might do USPSA one day.

I'm sure that some of the knowledge gained will help me when I am with friends and family at the range.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We ALL need to keep asking Troy this question. IMO there is no valid reason to make RO and CRO classes in person. They should both be available online for free in an "on demand" fashion, with a sign off approval by a local CRO/RM.
    Does it work that way? I assumed it would be a board decision, tell the area person or the president kind of thing.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    Does it work that way? I assumed it would be a board decision, tell the area person or the president kind of thing.
    The official response would likely be yes, email your area director (Rick). My thought is that Troy is the gatekeeper, and if Troy is convinced/supportive then it would happen. My thought is also that the board has bigger issues to address in the near term, so it is not a current priority for the board. I do not think the board is opposed to doing it, but since it would be put together and maintained by NROI, Troy would need to be supportive to make it happen.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    If virtual how would they make money? Instructor would not get paid,travel etc. Pay for online classes then?
    The organization pays to costs to put together the training videos (similar to the much shoter ones they have produced in the recent past), and the training videos are available online on demand. Training videos get updated periodically with rule changes. No traveling instructors.

An alternative would be for trainers to offer monthly live online Zoom seminars for ROs and CROs - if NROI and members feel that that interaction between instructor and student is necessary. Costs would be much lower and could be paid by fee charged to attending members.

Eliminate travel costs and clubhouse rental costs. Process becomes much more convenient and cost effective for members.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I believe online classes are right around the corner. But I think there are some things that need to be handled 1 on 1. Of course this is my opinion.

Top Bottom