• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I'm really wanting to get into USPSA and compete in either the production or carry optics divisions however I can't seem to find any clubs that don't require a bit of a drive from me (Columbus/Edinburgh), anyone know of clubs in the area? Preferably outdoors, probably wouldn't be getting involved until early spring sometime. Thanks all!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Do you/have you shot matches here?

Many many times. I have been out of the game for a few years though. Sounds as if they have really upgraded the facility.

You should watch their schedule and follow the Shooting Sports forum. Many times they will schedule impromptu winter matches, according to weather. I get the impression that they run Steel Matches all year? Again, according to weather.

Even if not ready to shoot you can go watch matches. I would recommend that.

You should also follow these guys...

They run smaller scale beginner USPSA shoots and twice a month steel matches. Same deal...

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I'll have to keep an eye on their website but that's a good idea, probably watch a match or two in the coming months.

HHRP is my local range where I've shot NRL22 before and knew they do steel challenge however I didn't think they do USPSA due to lack of space.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    You should sign up for a Practiscore account, then you can follow and register for events there. Here are the two clubs mentioned:

If you follow them then when you are on Practiscore from your dashboard you can select "Find Events" and upcoming matches will be shown for the clubs you follow.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Parabellum indoor gun range is holding a few matches this winter. The next one is January 23rd if you are in the Indianapolis area. It's probably a good match to start at since round count will be lower. The thread sign up is on this page.

Starting in March through November the normal schedule will likely be
    1st Sunday south central
    2nd Sunday (appears to be open as there is no match director at Warsaw)
    3rd Sunday Riley Conservation Club, terre haute and Fort Wayne
    4th Sunday is Atlanta Conservation Club, Atlanta Indiana

I'm not sure when the other clubs shoot

Uspsa.org website has a search function that can help you find a match near you

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I'll have to keep an eye on their website but that's a good idea, probably watch a match or two in the coming months.

HHRP is my local range where I've shot NRL22 before and knew they do steel challenge however I didn't think they do USPSA due to lack of space.
    We do "intro to USPSA", like Monday night steel, it's unofficial. Getting sanctioned and running sanctioned matches would require someone with a lot of time and energy. ;)

Top Bottom