• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2020
    Portland
    I've been a member for almost three years and I highly recommend them. Along with the insurance they are a big 2a supporter. We have used a lot of their books and videos on our church security team.

Patrick Taylor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2018
    Leitchfield Kentucky
    I had their coverage for a year. End of a year they raised the price from around 40 to 60 for the coverage I had. I also read they pulled coverage from someone after a shooting but was not able to confirm so that may be rumor. There is also a matter of them coming after you for money spent if you take a plea deal , many cases are a plea deal.

CCWSafe is the company I am looking at now.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Had their coverage for 5 years, now. I've got no complaints.
    Very useful video/training library. Lots of resources come with membership.
    Magazine's even pretty decent.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    What are members opinions on the USCCA
    I've been a member with them since 2010...no issues whatsoever, complaint-wise, and their philosophy and education programs are complete and comprehensive in nature! They employ quality and knowledgeable individuals who've always been able to answer my questions and give reasonable responses. Their magazine is very informative (on some issues) and gives ideas on new equipment many have not heard of or tried! As a member, their online Protector Academy Training (available to all members) is fairly well-done...considering that it's designed and developed to take people from beginner to advanced!
    I've looked at few others and have had friends try to get me to switch, but for me, the USCCA works great...keep in mind that they are the 'original' Concealed Carry organization!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I had their coverage for a year. End of a year they raised the price from around 40 to 60 for the coverage I had. I also read they pulled coverage from someone after a shooting but was not able to confirm so that may be rumor. There is also a matter of them coming after you for money spent if you take a plea deal , many cases are a plea deal.

CCWSafe is the company I am looking at now.
    I think you are referring to 2019 when they wouldn't cover or dropped coverage on a Platinum member. Don't know all the details. Saw something about it when I was researching different companies.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Practice is fine, I recommend it, but USCCA also provides legal support and insurance for carry issues, I have no desire to get a law degree and insurance license at this point in my life.
    You do you. No worries. Curious though…has anyone gotten their claim activity per premium investigated?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While they might be good this is just my perception. I watched them come in and give their “speech” to an NRA class. I watched their little BS video where they saved the day yada yada. In the video the guy did several factors wrong as he entered another persons civil issue/heated argument with his own firearm. Luckily he only got hooked up and nobody was injured over some BS. So as a former LE trainer I had issues with how they delivered the info and the scenario they used.

Basically it seemed like fear mongering. And not sure if this is SOP with USCCA but they (the USCCA Presenter mentioned it in an Instructor seminar) that they also give a kick back of $20.00 per head to that instructor for getting 20 min to give their talk.

I get Marketing but feel that was pandering. And for all of the above as of now I wouldn’t recommend them. But I am open if someone has more insights they can share

I like CCW Safe and FTA as they have several National Recognized Trainers and former LE folks on their BOD. And I haven’t seen or heard of CCW Safe doing what was mentioned.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    While they might be good this is just my perception. I watched them come in and give their “speech” to an NRA class. I watched their little BS video where they saved the day yada yada. In the video the guy did several factors wrong as he entered another persons civil issue/heated argument with his own firearm. Luckily he only got hooked up and nobody was injured over some BS. So as a former LE trainer I had issues with how they delivered the info and the scenario they used.

Basically it seemed like fear mongering. And not sure if this is SOP with USCCA but they (the USCCA Presenter mentioned it in an Instructor seminar) that they also give a kick back of $20.00 per head to that instructor for getting 20 min to give their talk.

I get Marketing but feel that was pandering. And for all of the above as of now I wouldn’t recommend them. But I am open if someone has more insights they can share

I like CCW Safe and FTA as they have several National Recognized Trainers and former LE folks on their BOD. And I haven’t seen or heard of CCW Safe doing what was mentioned.
    I've listened to several 'presentations' regarding defensive handgun carry and responses and the one big difference I've noted is that most 'defensive carry' training seminars tend to teach you now to respond to a dangerous situation using a firearm whereas the USCCA teaches 'avoidance' as the primary goal rather than allowing the situation(s) to escalate to the point where you many need to use a firearm (when it can happen suddenly and then you may have to resort to using a firearm) but in keeping with the principles taught by the USCCA it is better to keep an eye on your surroundings, identify potential threats, and take steps to avoid the conflict(s) in the first place, if at all possible! The smart thing is NOT to get into a conflict that results in gunplay if at all possible! At least that's one of the differences the USCCA presents as compared to what a couple of the others have presented their program as being!
    Train for the worst, hope for the best, and land somewhere in between...or as close to avoidance as possible!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I've listened to several 'presentations' regarding defensive handgun carry and responses and the one big difference I've noted is that most 'defensive carry' training seminars tend to teach you now to respond to a dangerous situation using a firearm whereas the USCCA teaches 'avoidance' as the primary goal rather than allowing the situation(s) to escalate to the point where you many need to use a firearm (when it can happen suddenly and then you may have to resort to using a firearm) but in keeping with the principles taught by the USCCA it is better to keep an eye on your surroundings, identify potential threats, and take steps to avoid the conflict(s) in the first place, if at all possible! The smart thing is NOT to get into a conflict that results in gunplay if at all possible! At least that's one of the differences the USCCA presents as compared to what a couple of the others have presented their program as being!
    Train for the worst, hope for the best, and land somewhere in between...or as close to avoidance as possible!
    If that’s what they (USCCA) does in a training class/seminar etc that’s great. That wasn’t what I got from listening to their “you need to buy our stuff” talk or the ISCCA video I witnessed. So hopefully your example is the norm.

Top Bottom