• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I don't know about you but I consider any country that has nuclear weapons aimed at us as a potential enemy.
    I prefer not selling to our enemies....
    I cannot fathom how selling our commodities overseas benefits American citizens?
    Maybe doesn't matter to you. But it matters to me!
    Once you realize food is a weapon it all becomes clear.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Your welcome to your opinions...
    There's plenty of information out there that says otherwise in regards tonchicomms being our enemy....all ya gotta do is look for it...

Maybe. Maybe somewhere on a sliding scale of enemy and rival for world premiership. If you don't believe in American exceptionalism, the second will be of little concern to you (not you specifically, any given hypothetical you) but if you do then we should probably work to not be eclipsed by China. Rupturing our economy is not going to help that aim.

Either way, as China becomes more affluent they are going to have internal strife. The very things that are making them more affluent are making them less...chicom. Did you see where China's leadership is trying to control the notion of celebrity? Banning lists ranking celebrities, etc. It'll be an interesting time in China over the next few decades. One could legitimately wonder if they'll look for a war to have an outside enemy to focus their population's anger on, and what the "one child" policy has done to their culture and military capability. Life's not as cheap when a family only has one son to send to the meat grinder. Who knows what the world will look like in 50, 100, 300 years? China was a world power when Europe was a backwater, after all.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Your welcome to your opinions...
    There's plenty of information out there that says otherwise in regards tonchicomms being our enemy....all ya gotta do is look for it...
    Just like Russia is our adversary and the Taliban is our enemy?

China is our 3rd largest trade partner. Doesn't seem like they are too much of an enemy to me.

Now maybe the military and spook networks want you to believe they are your enemy because that's good for their business.

But a rational person would easily conclude that your third largest trade partner is anything but an adversary.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

China is our 3rd largest trade partner. Doesn't seem like they are too much of an enemy to me.

Now maybe the military and spook networks want you to believe they are your enemy because that's good for their business.

But a rational person would easily conclude that your third largest trade partner is anything but an adversary.
    Surely there’s room for them to be both.
    It’s crazy to me to hear someone say China is not our enemy, and it’s crazy to hear someone say that we shouldn’t trade with China.
    Not mutually exclusive.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Surely there’s room for them to be both.
    It’s crazy to me to hear someone say China is not our enemy, and it’s crazy to hear someone say that we shouldn’t trade with China.
    Not mutually exclusive.
    Q; Why would you trade with your enemy?
    A: Because they aren't. They are your PARTNER.

Now if they attack us then we can re-frame the argument. But like Japan in 1941, they were not our enemy until they actually attacked, but they did so because we screwed with their trade.

You typically don't go to war with your top trade partners. You become too dependent on each other, just like the US and China.

This enemy talk is marketing done by the spooks and MIC. It's very good for their businesses.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Delusional....

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Q; Why would you trade with your enemy?
    A: Because they aren't. They are your PARTNER.

Now if they attack us then we can re-frame the argument. But like Japan in 1941, they were not our enemy until they actually attacked, but they did so because we screwed with their trade.

You typically don't go to war with your top trade partners. You become too dependent on each other, just like the US and China.

This enemy talk is marketing done by the spooks and MIC. It's very good for their businesses.
    You trade with your enemy because you have excess of something and they have what you want. Pretty simple. Do you only trade with family? Close friends? Those in your own town?
    No, most people trade with complete strangers, and world view has nothing to do with it. When it does, it translates to something like ‘boycotts don’t work’ or ‘I’m only ever gonna eat at Chick-fil-A again’. Kinda crazy.
    It’s no different on a world scale.

Maybe this is semantics, some define China as an enemy that we’re reluctantly doing business with, and you are saying they’re a partner that’s not an enemy “yet”.

I think we define them as an enemy in general because of their undeniable beliefs in keeping their people down and controlling them. Isn’t their avowed communism enough?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "You typically don't go to wars with your top trading partners".

Ummm....
    Except for history.

Wars are OFTEN fought with top trading partners.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You trade with your enemy because you have excess of something and they have what you want. Pretty simple. Do you only trade with family? Close friends? Those in your own town?
    No, most people trade with complete strangers, and world view has nothing to do with it. When it does, it translates to something like ‘boycotts don’t work’ or ‘I’m only ever gonna eat at Chick-fil-A again’. Kinda crazy.

Maybe this is semantics, some define China as an enemy that we’re reluctantly doing business with, and you are saying they’re a partner that’s not an enemy “yet”.

I think we define them as an enemy in general because of their undeniable beliefs in keeping their people down and controlling them. Isn’t their avowed communism enough?
    I think it is semantics mostly, but enemy really doesn't fit in my book either. Adversary would be a better word in my book.

Enemy would denote actual conflict, and I do not think anyone would actually trade with someone they had open hostilities with.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Im going to stick with enemy.....
    Chinese general calling for the elimination of American Citizens
    https://rense.com/general85/China'sPlanToConquer.htm

Uighurs as slave labor...yup really need those Nikes!
    https://www.saveuighur.org/uighur/

Organ transplants on prisoners of conscience
    https://www.chinaorganharvest.org/

China menacing our true Ally And partner Taiwain
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-wa...ait-after-chinese-assault-drills_3969468.html
    That is your pejorative, but words have meanings and you are not using the word per its accepted meaning.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

en·e·my​

(ĕn′ə-mē)
    n. pl. en·e·mies
    a.
    One who feels hatred toward, intends injury to, or opposes another; a foe.
    b. One who opposes or is hostile to an idea or cause: an enemy of democracy.
    c. Something destructive or injurious in its effects: "Art hath an enemy called Ignorance" (Ben Jonson).
    a.
    A hostile power or force, such as a nation.
    b. A member or unit of such a force.
    3. A group of foes or hostile forces.

Attachments

• a1facb7ca5e583aa.jpeg
      a1facb7ca5e583aa.jpeg
      64.1 KB · Views: 5

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ok forget about the meme if you can, but the definition is productive to the conversation, right?
    Are you going to argue with that definition?
    If so, provide a valid one please.
    I went to four different dictionary sites, none of which matched that one. At that point I figure why even continue the discussion.

1: one that is antagonistic to anotherespecially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent
    2: something harmful or deadlyalcohol was his greatest enemy
    3a: a military adversary
    b: a hostile unit or force

a person who hates or opposes another person and tries to harm them or stop them from doing something:
    He's made a few enemies in this company.
    Max stole Lee's girlfriend and they've been enemies ever since.
    political enemies
    B2 [ C usually singular ]
    a country, or the armed forces of a country, that is at war with another country:
    The enemy had succeeded in stopping our supplies from getting through.
    an attack by enemy aircraft
    enemy forces/territory

WordNet Dictionary
    Legal Dictionary
    ENEMY, international law. By this term is understood the whole body of a nation at war with another. It also signifies a citizen or subject of such a nation, as when we say an alien enemy. In a still more extended sense, the word includes any of the subjects or citizens of a state in amity with the United States, who, have commenced, or have made preparations for commencing hostilities against the United States; and also the citizens or subjects of a state in amity with the United States, who are in the service of a state at war with them. Salk. 635; Bac. Ab. Treason, G.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

I really don't care what they politics are. They are free to choose their own form of government just as we are free to choose ours.

When you trade with others, you become dependent on them and it becomes good for both sides, otherwise why would you trade at all?

Everyone benefits.

I look at it like this. The USA act like Switzerland. We were to be a neutral country who wished to trade with anyone who wanted to trade with us.

We were to be self protecting in having the militia, the whole of the people, ready and willing to take up arms to repel any invader.

Works pretty well for tiny Switzerland who have been in existence since the 1200s. Nobody messes with them and anyone is free to trade with them.

And as such they have perhaps the highest standard of living in the world today. Pretty good model that has worked for centuries.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Works pretty well for tiny Switzerland who have been in existence since the 1200s. Nobody messes with them and anyone is free to trade with them.

They were messed with plenty, including being forced into "economic concessions" with Nazi Germany, who also largely ignored their soveriegnty as it suited them. They were left alone because they weren't worth the investment to invade *yet* given the mountainous terrain, relative protection from aerial bombardment, etc. They have certainly thrived afterward though, largely because their competitors had taken massive damage from the war and had to rebuild infrastructure, had lost large chunks of their population, etc. Largely why America did so well, too, our industrial base was intact. Of course now we don't care about having an industrial base and outsource it for more profit...which goes back to how would we fight China if China won't sell us material to fight them with?

Top Bottom