• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    I’ve been a member of US Lawshield for a year now. The other day I was watching one of Andrew Branca’s recent Law of Self Defense seminars, and he was quite adamant about not using Lawshield. I don’t want to repeat his criticism because I may get it wrong but my sense was that their program Attys were paid only a monthly fee that wouldn’t begin to cover actual costs of a self defense case. I might be able to post the link here if anyone would be willing to take a listen.

I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of, or has had any negative reviews of USLawshield. Anyone here a member?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I've always wondered just how far these companies will go to really defend a person if the case is really complicated. I compare them to those vehicle after warranty repair deals. Good friends of mine just found out Car Shield is crap and a waste of money for example.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've been with USCCA for 12+ years now...and I have friends who've tried to get me to switch to other programs (they think they're 'leaders' but they don't do their research) but when I do comparisons, I've always stayed where I'm at!

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I've been with USCCA for 12+ years now...and I have friends who've tried to get me to switch to other programs (they think they're 'leaders' but they don't do their research) but when I do comparisons, I've always stayed where I'm at!

Same here.
    Depending on your membership level, they will go up to $1,000,000 for legal costs, regardless of what weapon you used in self defense.
    That includes bail/bond costs.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Same here.
    Depending on your membership level, they will go up to $1,000,000 for legal costs, regardless of what weapon you used in self defense.
    That includes bail/bond costs.
    I've been to a couple of Guy Relford, the Gun Guy and 2nd Amendment attorney, and have listened to him explain Indiana Self-Defense and Gun Law...and it's interesting to hear it from an attorney's viewpoint, for what they have to go through with the courts vs what the average Joe Citizen thinks is the right viewpoint when it comes to self-defense. Guy Relford, I believe is, one of the attorneys in the system for USCCA??? But, knowing the laws first...that's still the best defense...knowing what you can do vs cannot do, along with the when, where, what, and how that goes along with it...BEFORE you get into a situation where you could be deemed 'wrong' in what you did.
    As they say...ignorance is not an excuse.

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I've been to a couple of Guy Relford, the Gun Guy and 2nd Amendment attorney, and have listened to him explain Indiana Self-Defense and Gun Law...and it's interesting to hear it from an attorney's viewpoint, for what they have to go through with the courts vs what the average Joe Citizen thinks is the right viewpoint when it comes to self-defense. Guy Relford, I believe is, one of the attorneys in the system for USCCA??? But know the laws first...that's the best defense...knowing what you can do vs cannot do, along with the when, where, what, and how that goes along with it...BEFORE you get into a situation where you could be deemed 'wrong' in what you did.
    I signed up for US Law Shield about one year ago and like any other insurance hope to never use it. If I do I like the fact that when I call their number a lawyer will answer the phone and guide me from that point on.
    Now to Amishman44, that is good to have a good working knowledge of the law what you can do that is legal. I originally came from Illinois that in general is a lot less gun friendly than Indiana. I am thinking of a recent case in southwest rural Illinois that went badly and only because of a District Attorney that wanted to make a name for themselves.
    Two drunks drove through a farmers fence late at night and the farmer went to see if anyone was hurt/needed help. One drunk was also high and well known to police as violent attacked the farmer when he tried to call 911. Farmer ended up pretty badly beaten before shooting the attacker, other drunk was no problem. Nonviolent drunk stated the shooting happened as the farmer said and the deceased had been talking about wanting to see how it felt to beat someone to death. Police recommended no charges for farmer, total self defense but DA still filed charges and it went to trial. Not guilty but still all the hassle and cost of a trial, he had no self defense insurance. Jim.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I signed up for US Law Shield about one year ago and like any other insurance hope to never use it. If I do I like the fact that when I call their number a lawyer will answer the phone and guide me from that point on.
    Now to Amishman44, that is good to have a good working knowledge of the law what you can do that is legal. I originally came from Illinois that in general is a lot less gun friendly than Indiana. I am thinking of a recent case in southwest rural Illinois that went badly and only because of a District Attorney that wanted to make a name for themselves.
    Two drunks drove through a farmers fence late at night and the farmer went to see if anyone was hurt/needed help. One drunk was also high and well known to police as violent attacked the farmer when he tried to call 911. Farmer ended up pretty badly beaten before shooting the attacker, other drunk was no problem. Nonviolent drunk stated the shooting happened as the farmer said and the deceased had been talking about wanting to see how it felt to beat someone to death. Police recommended no charges for farmer, total self defense but DA still filed charges and it went to trial. Not guilty but still all the hassle and cost of a trial, he had no self defense insurance. Jim.

Wow...that's a tough one to hear!
    Non-violent drunk supported the statement and the prosecutor still proceeded with charges?
    Who was he going to call as a witness in support of his theory of the events?

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wow...that's a tough one to hear!
    Non-violent drunk supported the statement and the prosecutor still proceeded with charges? Who was he going to call as a witness in support of his theory of the events?
    It was kind of like the Rittenhouse trial where the prosecution called witnesses that backed up the defense. I just remembered the deceased was such a great person his mother had a restraining order against him. Jim.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I’ve been a member of US Lawshield for a year now. The other day I was watching one of Andrew Branca’s recent Law of Self Defense seminars, and he was quite adamant about not using Lawshield. I don’t want to repeat his criticism because I may get it wrong but my sense was that their program Attys were paid only a monthly fee that wouldn’t begin to cover actual costs of a self defense case. I might be able to post the link here if anyone would be willing to take a listen.

I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of, or has had any negative reviews of USLawshield. Anyone here a member?
    just signed with US Lawshield i will take any info you have on them.. thanks!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here are a couple links that do comparisons.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I've always wondered just how far these companies will go to really defend a person if the case is really complicated. I compare them to those vehicle after warranty repair deals. Good friends of mine just found out Car Shield is crap and a waste of money for example.
    I guess you could do your own research to have a criminal defense lawyer on retainer to be available if an incident occurs. You could wait until something happens and go searching for a lawyer; or your family could do that while you are behind bars. It is highly unlikely to be involved in a situation, but who knows. These groups have at least done the research to select lawyers. I have never been involved in a shooting, so I cannot speak from experience.

winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    It’s odd because I don’t seem to be able to find any information about their coverage on their website and they’ve never sent me anything about it in the mail. I would think most companies have a terms document on their website but I can’t find one for USLawshield.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Apparently you need a lawyer to go through your contract with your carry insurance carrier?

:scratch:

i've watched a few of his vids. while some of his info seems to be spot on, he strikes me as kind of shady.

this vid in particular seems like all he is saying is don't use my competitors. he doesn't really give any reason why he is better than the rest.

*edited* for spelling

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    I've been to a couple of Guy Relford, the Gun Guy and 2nd Amendment attorney, and have listened to him explain Indiana Self-Defense and Gun Law...and it's interesting to hear it from an attorney's viewpoint, for what they have to go through with the courts vs what the average Joe Citizen thinks is the right viewpoint when it comes to self-defense. Guy Relford, I believe is, one of the attorneys in the system for USCCA??? But, knowing the laws first...that's still the best defense...knowing what you can do vs cannot do, along with the when, where, what, and how that goes along with it...BEFORE you get into a situation where you could be deemed 'wrong' in what you did.
    Links? I was a member of USCCA and recently switched to CCW. I'm less concerned about the "best" than I am about it being effective. Thing others kept bringing up to me was the USCCA "recoup" of costs should you agree to settle for a lessor charge.

Top Bottom