4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    They got the headline wrong for Sig's new rifle, it is the XM5, not the XM7. Maybe a typo?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I dont see that steel/brass case ammo working out after a short time. Steel and brass expand at different rates, so when its stored, eventually there will be seam issues resulting in pressure issues. Also, the whole idea of all branches AND "nato" having the same ammo is for easy access if anyone runs out i foresee the new round only becoming a nightmare for our guys when they run out of ammo.

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    Just a speculation here. Infantry units run mobilized whether light or mechanized. Are the random and short lived patrols worth all this? Maybe it's time to invest in a more modern infantry TTP. This falls very short of, "train how we fight."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just looked up the Sig MCX SPEAR and then went to the price - just over $6100!!!!!! How rich do they think we are? Have they been smoking the stuff that our current out of control government is giving them?

Edit to add, went to gunbroker and found them having a "street price" of around $5000. So much better...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been seeing the Spear LT listed for around $2400. That's the 5.56 civvie version. Nobody has them in stock though. I have an MCX Virtus upper on one of my ARs and like the platform. Not enough to drop $2400 on a Spear LT, but what I have runs well.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Just looked up the Sig MCX SPEAR and then went to the price - just over $6100!!!!!! How rich do they think we are? Have they been smoking the stuff that our current out of control government is giving them?

Edit to add, went to gunbroker and found them having a "street price" of around $5000. So much better...
    Gonna be a estimated 16million to redo one range to facilitate the new rifle. This is a very costly weapon

Top Bottom