• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's a good bet that Comrade 46 will have as a litmus test being anti-2nd Amendment among other anti-US Constitution beliefs.
    And with the Democrats running the Senate, there'll be nothing stopping them.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Hasn’t he almost promised a black woman as his nominee? Not sure he ever mentioned the word “qualified” but he might have? Rs traditionally seem to take the tact that this is a privilege to get the individual they want, gained thru election.

Will be interesting to see if that has changed.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I'm sure he will appoint a "qualified" black woman, just like the "qualified" black woman he picked for his VP.
    How well is that working? It seems his qualifications for any job are skin color and gender.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I'm sure he will appoint a "qualified" black woman, just like the "qualified" black woman he picked for his VP.
    How well is that working? It seems his qualifications for any job are skin color and gender.
    Biden may as well introduce his pick "Here is my pick for 'token' on the SC, she will be a good match for the 'token' VP I picked." Jim.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It`s fine if you don`t care what happens to our gun rights-but some of us do.
    So please share exactly what the strategy is to get a clearly leftist administration to nominate a justice that is pro gun? Heck it is a fight to get republicans to nominate a pro gun justice. Usually the best we can hope for is a constitutionalist that reads 2A as written and out of 6 republican appointments only a couple are truly supportive of 2A in cases.

So get off the high horse and stop call your allies names when they would rather save their ammo for a real fight that can be won…

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It`s fine if you don`t care what happens to our gun rights-but some of us do.

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but your gun rights are your responsibility to protect.

Not a system built from the ground up to invalidate your birthright.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So please share exactly what the strategy is to get a clearly leftist administration to nominate a justice that is pro gun? Heck it is a fight to get republicans to nominate a pro gun justice. Usually the best we can hope for is a constitutionalist that reads 2A as written and out of 6 republican appointments only a couple are truly supportive of 2A in cases.

So get off the high horse and stop call your allies names when they would rather save their ammo for a real fight that can be won…
    Even if we cannot "win", it`s important to call out what`s happening. At worst, this is what that is.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Barring a completely unqualified nomination, garnering opposition from his own party, there is absolutely nothing that can stop Biden pick.
    That said, there is a train of thought that since there is no stopping the nominee from confirmation, why give liberals the ammunition they would get from a large Senate battle?
    As long as the nominee is judicially qualified, we should confirm the same as soon as possible and rob the left of the election fodder.

We bitched and complained about the treatment given Cavanaugh and Barret.
    Do you really want to give liberals those talking points right before the upcoming election?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They throw a **** show and protest every time, it's long past time we Bork every one of their nominees; who have far more in their pasts to make the **** show real.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I expect Republicans will demonstrate yet again what a bunch of candy *** pansies they truly are.
    Sadly, I believe you`re correct. demon-crats attacked the character of every candidate Republicans nominated. I mean drug them through the mud and then backed over them and drug them through the mud again. It happens all the time that Republicans cave with nary a whimper.

Top Bottom