• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wow didn’t see this till after the fact but that cannon looks awesome hope to see some cool stuff like that in friendship in a couple weeks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was a great time. Lots of INGOers and non INGOer alike. Thanks again Stephen and OMAR! It was good seeing you two again.

Stephen asked Beowulf, Haven and I if doing one open house per year for just INGO would be of interest. Now that they are getting a 50/50 mix of the general public and INGO he wondered if we would like a private event to be able to put screen names to faces easier. I told him I assumed everyone here would like that. I did find it a little busy but I still had fun hanging out chatting more and shooting less. Like I didnt realize who Jwampler and Jeffsquartan were until just now. And I didnt want to assume everyone there was on INGO.

What says INGO? Would you prefer a private, for lack of a better term, "team building" event?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow .... I'm happy that the weather held-up for you marksmen !
    For future events, I'd be far happier, and more comfortable if an INGO-only day is instituted. :thumbsup:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm on the fence. I've used this event to bring non-INGO friends to experience the fun. I've been to invite only events as well, and they are tons of fun...like I said, on the fence.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I would enjoy an INGO only event, mostly to put names and faces with screen names.

Next time I'm going to bring a pad of those stick on name tags they always have at conferences.

I have my handle embroidered on my hat, but I don't think it can be read when I have ears on.

Fun day, I just don't get to shoot the Garand and AR enough.

If I lived close to the pistol Bay with all the steel I would be broke buying ammo.

PXL_20220521_162904196.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the only downside today was that they had the covered pistol range closed to put vendors in to protect them from the potential weather. Killed my plans to do some close up pistol work with paper targets and shotgun patterning. Oh well. Still a GREAT day.

Just means I have to go back another day. Oh. Darn. Twist my arm. LOL

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I had a good time. Thanks for putting this on. Came with a buddy. We spent a little time on the main rifle range and had some fun with the steel targets for handguns. This was the second INGO event I have attended there. We both plan to join now. The drive from Coatesville/Danville isn't that bad.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    What a great event, even if we were cannon less! Thanks to everyone who came out and huge thanks to Don, Stephen, and the whole ProTEQ crew for hosting us again!

I was definitely happy that my dad was able to make the drive up and we got to have a great range day together (something we haven’t gotten to do for at least 10 years).

@maxipum sorry about missing you down at the 360 range. I didn’t realize you had to leave early, or I would have gone down there sooner with my M16.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    No worries, we had a tight schedule with graduation festivities. I showed my son your chassepot ammo and the hook is set. I’ll have to catch up with you on a few details. Thanks again to the owner of the range for a great day.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    What is your scope mount / scope setup there?
    @BigRed

It is an Ultimak M1 Garand scout scope rail. More details here -> http://www.ultimak.com/M12.htm

I looked for a while before I bought. Everything else either made me squeamish from a mechanical design perspective, or the reviews were filled, with "it's a good solution, but...".

It simply saddle clamps to the barrel, and has been rock stable for me. Just pop the action out of the stock and pop the upper hand guard off and install.

When I installed it I purchased a cheap long eye relief scope as a trial, and it's still on there. Mounted in I think medium height rings, which got the scope as low as I could with the objective and ocular housings. The ocular housing is JUST forward of the ejection port over the receiver.

After I decided the concept and execution were good, the plan was to put on a higher quality scope with slightly longer eye relief. Never happened. The stock cuff is from MidwayUSA.

Yesterday I was just blasting, standing off hand, and was not making a serious attempt at accuracy beyond hitting the barrels and gong. Couldn't even tell if I was hitting the gong by the time I came out of recoil, with all of the other sounds of freedom around me.

When I have shot for accuracy out to 250 yards I have been able to keep it on an IPSC steel, with Greek HXP ammo. In the future I hope to get some quality recently manufactured M2 ball spec ammo and see what it can do. Personally I think it could be a 2MOA rifle or less. (new Criterion barrel, and a tight action)

The Garand may be obsolescent, but it is not obsolete.

Nbs4733

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I’d love for there to be a night shoot of some kind sometime. Not too often something like that is happening. No idea what it would take to pull something like that off but it sure would be fun!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’d love for there to be a night shoot of some kind sometime. Not too often something like that is happening. No idea what it would take to pull something like that off but it sure would be fun!
    They do them from time to time as part of their training program. Email them and ask.

Top Bottom