• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Biden and crew are paying people to stay at home and depend on them. Why would slackers work?

Bad part is, it's us (hardworking people) footing the bill.
    We're also the ones that will suffer the greatest in the upcoming crash that's inevitable.

Do the slackers have a 401k they are building for retirement. No they are just happy with Gov't crumbs.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think they really want government to make their informal part time job as barista or uber driver or pizza delivery person pay enough to live well in NYC or SanFran or LA as well as provide them with benefits and flexible working hours

They don't want a 'real' job, they're Peter Pans who never want to grow up

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Maybe if they paid worth a ****. I don't see Costco having any issues.
    Or maybe if they had a skill or the ambition to drive 30 -60min to work they could earn more money.

Maybe you should look into the average wage in Starke County.

But you're probably right might as well let all the non skilled low paying jobs cease to exist.:facepalm:

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We're also the ones that will suffer the greatest in the upcoming crash that's inevitable.

Do the slackers have a 401k they are building for retirement. No they are just happy with Gov't crumbs.
    This bothers the wife and I. We are sub 10 years to being able to comfortably retire. Not sure how we insulate ourselves from the coming crash.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Until they find they can't afford Starbucks and iPhones when they're living off the Gov. and not off their parents' savings...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Pretty sure most every place pays more than the current minimum wage. Maybe if they had skills that were worth a **** they would make wages commensurate with their skill level.
    I guess we don't need cashiers, janitors, stockers, clerks, food service workers, etc, since their skills really aren't worth a ****.

The places mentioned (Dollar General, Hardees, Subway) pay barely above minimum wage. Meanwhile, I know people who aren't fit to pour **** out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom who are making at least $14 an hour at various occupations that are of no more increased skill than the workers at the places that are closing because they can't find any suckers to put up with the public's asshattery for a pittance.

They can change their business models or go out of business. **** 'em.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This bothers the wife and I. We are sub 10 years to being able to comfortably retire. Not sure how we insulate ourselves from the coming crash.

Wait for a dip in the crypto market and pick some up.

It's basically a bet on the collapse of the dollar at this point.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Or maybe if they had a skill or the ambition to drive 30 -60min to work they could earn more money.

Maybe you should look into the average wage in Starke County.

But you're probably right might as well let all the non skilled low paying jobs cease to exist.:facepalm:

If the choice is going out of business or paying market prices for labor, then tough luck.

This is like walking onto a car dealership lot and being angry they won't let you drive off with a new car for $100.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess we don't need cashiers, janitors, stockers, clerks, food service workers, etc, since their skills really aren't worth a ****.

The places mentioned (Dollar General, Hardees, Subway) pay barely above minimum wage. Meanwhile, I know people who aren't fit to pour **** out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom who are making at least $14 an hour at various occupations that are of no more increased skill than the workers at the places that are closing because they can't find any suckers to put up with the public's asshattery for a pittance.

Nobody is claiming we don't need unskilled labor. Those jobs are great for entry-level employees trying to gain some experience. If you choose to make a career out of being a cashier at Dollar General, Hardee's or Subway, then you live with that choice. They pay what they pay.

The problem comes when the government is paying people substantially more than the wages for these jobs to stay home and sit on their butts. If anything needs to be set at minimum wage standards, it should be government assistance. If .gov is only paying you 40 hours worth of wages at $7.35 (or whatever the current federal minimum wage is), then 10 or 11 bucks an hour starts to look pretty good.

Then workers take those jobs, gain experience, maybe get into management, or maybe take some part time classes to improve themselves so that they qualify for higher wages. That's how it's supposed to work.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wait for a dip in the crypto market and pick some up.

It's basically a bet on the collapse of the dollar at this point.
    I got mocked for my "bottle caps" when I posted about my Dogecoin in the stock market thread.

All I've gotten when I mention cryptocurrency to the old fudds on here is "iF I cAn'T hOlD iT, iT dOeSn't eXiSt!"

:):

They can play with their silver trinkets and "thrilling" 2% gains in the stock market. I'll make real money now.

Doge.png

This is not financial advice. I eat crayons.

:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Hey, do you need your lawn mowed by chance? I'll do it for $100/hour. You wanna hire me? I mean, I should be able to charge you whatever *I* think the job is worth, right?

Edit: P.S. I don't take crypto.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Then workers take those jobs, gain experience, maybe get into management, or maybe take some part time classes to improve themselves so that they qualify for higher wages. That's how it's supposed to work.

Might have been how things worked 20 or more years ago. Now low-skill labor is a revolving door with mechanisms in place to get people out of the door before their 90 days are up so they don't have to pay benefits.

Good luck finding any entry level employment without a 3 point system that doesn't expire. Show up 5 minutes late? 1 point. Get sick and end up in the hospital? another point. 3rd point and you're fired. Doesn't matter if it takes a week or years to get those 3 points, you're gone either way.

The only reason employers got away with this was an overwhelmingly unhealthy level of people competing for those jobs, keeping wages and benefits as low as possible.
    Now that the pendulum is swinging the other way, they start crying. :laugh:

Top Bottom