• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Our strategy - get what we DO like a week after Halloween. Vacuum seal and store. Then wait for the after-Christmas sales. Then Valentine's Day. Then Easter.
    Oh, and eat the stock in the meantime. Wouldn't want it to get too old!
    Our local Fannie May store used to go down to 75% off after holidays. Now they only do 50. We would buy up a bunch of chocolate bunnies, Santas, etc and freeze them. 50% is not really worth the price.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Our strategy - get what we DO like a week after Halloween. Vacuum seal and store. Then wait for the after-Christmas sales. Then Valentine's Day. Then Easter.
    Oh, and eat the stock in the meantime. Wouldn't want it to get too old!
    I do similar, only don't vacuum seal. Just keep it in the basement. But yes, eat it before it gets too old. Wife does the same for candy for the GS to handout on the Christmas parade. Not quite sure how many buckets of candy canes are currently down there... Basement is pretty much a concrete root cellar, unheated stays between 40-60F year round.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Our local Fannie May store used to go down to 75% off after holidays. Now they only do 50. We would buy up a bunch of chocolate bunnies, Santas, etc and freeze them. 50% is not really worth the price.
    Local stores still go down to 75% off but all the good stuff is gone by 50% off. Have bought a few decorations at 90% and scored a bunch of cupcake/muffin liners one year at the same. Wilton liners at less than $.10 for 50? Oh hell yes.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Local stores still go down to 75% off but all the good stuff is gone by 50% off. Have bought a few decorations at 90% and scored a bunch of cupcake/muffin liners one year at the same. Wilton liners at less than $.10 for 50? Oh hell yes.
    Oh yeah.. The only colors of cupcake liners we have are red, green, orange, and black. We make them work all year round. Red for Valentine's Day, green for spring or St Patrick's Day, black for halloween, and orange for Thanksgiving.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Teotwawki may not come in my lifetime. But tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, power outages, riots, and such certainly do. These are the things I prep for. Minimum of 3 months of foods stuffs, meds, paper goods, water purification, batteries, non powered entertainment items (board games, cards, etc), oil lamps and oil, firewood, cooking means that use no power or gas, all weather clothing, and so much more. Think of Katrina or currently Puerto Rico. What would you need to survive and thrive in those situations?

And the means to protect me and mine goes without saying.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Teotwawki may not come in my lifetime. But tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, power outages, riots, and such certainly do. These are the things I prep for. Minimum of 3 months of foods stuffs, meds, paper goods, water purification, batteries, non powered entertainment items (board games, cards, etc), oil lamps and oil, firewood, cooking means that use no power or gas, all weather clothing, and so much more. Think of Katrina or currently Puerto Rico. What would you need to survive and thrive in those situations?

And the means to protect me and mine goes without saying.
    Thats a good and comprehensive start.
    This winter with the interuptions of the supply chain ( look at the bare shelves in grocery stores ) and increase cost across the board.
    I would rather have too much than not enough....think 6-12 months minimum

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Thats a good and comprehensive start.
    This winter with the interuptions of the supply chain ( look at the bare shelves in grocery stores ) and increase cost across the board.
    I would rather have too much than not enough....think 6-12 months minimum
    It had to be regional, because I haven’t seen any bare shelves at grocery stores. The drink case at the local gas station is another story.

Top Bottom