• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm sure some of you have used this. Each state has their own site for it. It's free and seems pretty easy to claim. I just found around $40 for me, that was a refund for my dad. I clicked on it and Indiana will mail me a claim form, or you can print one out. I'll sign it and include a death certificate and I guess I should get the money. I also found over $3,000 for a cousin of mine, who received dividends and child support after her mom died, that's in the unclaimed fund, so she's claiming that. Anyway check it out, and see if you have any money the state is holding for you.

https://indianaunclaimed.gov/

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'm sure some of you have used this. Each state has their own site for it. It's free and seems pretty easy to claim. I just found around $40 for me, that was a refund for my dad. I clicked on it and Indiana will mail me a claim form, or you can print one out. I'll sign it and include a death certificate and I guess I should get the money. I also found over $3,000 for a cousin of mine, who received dividends and child support after her mom died, that's in the unclaimed fund, so she's claiming that. Anyway check it out, and see if you have any money the state is holding for you.

https://indianaunclaimed.gov/

THANKS, found some money, for my son ..... :yesway:

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Well, don't that beat all! I've seen this site many times in the past, put in my name, and got nothing.

Today, it tells me I have almost $500 waiting for me!!!!!!!!:)

The form is filled out, will have it notarized tomorrow, and send in my claim!

Hot Diggity Damn!

Thanks Andy219!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There's 3 claims totaling about $50 for my parents but it's not worth my trouble digging out the paperwork and jumping through the hoops to get it.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Found $89 from another person with the same name as me, and from the same town, but its not me. :( Been checking a lot of names but no dice for my friends yet either.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I found my wife has unclaimed money from a savings account from when she was a child... $3700 No joke.

I have $90 from an old paycheck from my high school job.

Last edited:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I got bored.and searched every friend on Facebook, my co workers and friends and family
    Found 185 for my grandpa, and 70 bucks for my old boss.

My grandparents money was back from 1996! They will be thrilled haha!

Oh yea, Relford is on there, And Freeman too, but wasn't sure if it was the right kirk freeman or not.

I think I better get to bed, before I think of other names to search...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I search for family members every few years. It's certainly worth doing on a regular basis. Found my grandmother-in-law has over $1750 out there. Sweet.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    It's almost like the beginning of winter when you put your coat on for the first time. You put your hand in your coat pocket and bam, $20, that you didn't know was there.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I did a couple of years ago. There was quite a bit there forr my dad. He had already passed away, but it wasn't too difficult sending in the forms and getting the money.

Top Bottom