• ...and so much more!
  • XMil

Shooter
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Are these of any quality all?
    • Trigger?
    • Accuracy?
    • Any bird killing capability inside of 7 yards?
    • Feel compared to actual conterpart (Glock, M&P etc)?
    • Durablity?
    • Shots per cartridge?
    • Shot consistency as the co2 gets used?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I've had three automatic Umarex pistols in the past (2016 era), an MP7 replica, a blowback mauser pistol, and an electro-pneumatic carbine. Used them as fun toys rather than anything utilitarian, but I will give a warning as ALL of my Umarex BB guns, as well as some airsoft, eventually started leaking gas after a few tank replacements. The MP7 and mauser had 12 gram CO2 tanks loaded from a detachable magazine while the electric one had a large 88 gram tank that screwed into the back. We believe it was because the O-rings dried out. They make self-lubricating 12 gram tanks, but don't know about the 88 grams. They may not be as good when it comes to being a replica, but I never had any problems with my Crossman's.

EvJames22

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Aug 14, 2022
    Decatur
    I bought a Umarex/Elite Force airsoft Beretta M92 about 4-5 years ago. It was pretty nice, it had heft to it, a full auto function, and the mags were reliable.
    But after about 20-30 mags the selector/sear for full auto broke in half, effectively making it semi-auto only. Then a few mags after that, the safety/de-cocker broke, and then eventually the trigger group started to fail.
    Overall, I wasn't even that hard on the gun, it seemed like through its normal functioning, it just slowly broke itself. IDK if my experience extends to the pellet version of the gun or even any of their other guns, but that's that.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Thank you. How long before they leaked?
    The electro-pneumatic leaked after one tank replacement. The Mauser and MP7 took a few reloads. Now to be fair I never replaced a tank before storing, but I treated my Crossman's and Dan Wesson's the same way and they never gave me issues. The Umarex replicas are more appropriate as collectibles or movie props in my opinion, because the full metal replicas look and feel like the real thing, but it won't go to hell and back like a Daisy or Crossman will. IMG_0910.jpg
    The Mauser replica next to the Dan Wesson replica for reference.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Here's my experience with a Umarex M&P Airsoft... also comes in BB:

I have close to 3,000 rounds through it... still like it.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have the Glock 19 gen 3 air soft version. It is great to be able to go in the garage and shoot whenever you want and practice drawing. The size is identical and feel is really close. The trigger is almost the same. You would definitely be able to kill a bird at 7 yards. Hope this helps. If you’re a Glock guy you will be very happy with one of the Glock airsoft pistols.

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Thanks for the reminder, I have one of the Umarex pistols around here somewhere that I forgot about. About time to find it and play with it...

Top Bottom