• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Seemed like an effeminate punk...then went full stupid.

Oh well.

Question for a friend.

"Is there a certain number of times I must radio to tell station "He's on my gun" before I can dispatch the threat?

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through

Intense video and amazing that officer survived the cross fire shooting.

Wow! Intense how they synchronized the cam footage like that.

Everything is a matter of perspective and it seemed like a long response time at the beginning of the video…at the end of the video, it seems like they got there as fast as humanly possible. Good on them for watching out for their brother, but the idiot that opened fire on the vehicle without having positive ID of where his buddy was probably should be doing desk work?

I’m not and never have been a cop, but if I knew my brother was in that car, or there was any risk of shooting an innocent bystander, I’m not sure I would have taken those shots.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    All I can say is that young officer is fortunate to be alive.

As said above, that officer unloading is gun without knowing where the officer was just wasn't smart a thing to do.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow! Intense how they synchronized the cam footage like that.

Everything is a matter of perspective and it seemed like a long response time at the beginning of the video…at the end of the video, it seems like they got there as fast as humanly possible. Good on them for watching out for their brother, but the idiot that opened fire on the vehicle without having positive ID of where his buddy was probably should be doing desk work?

I’m not and never have been a cop, but if I knew my brother was in that car, or there was any risk of shooting an innocent bystander, I’m not sure I would have taken those shots.

If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.
    You have that advantage of hindsight seeing the first video from the officer that was IN the suv dealing with the BG.

The officer that shot only knew/heard that the other officer asked for help, that bg was going for his gun, and then radio silence. Dispatched asked for status and nothing from the officer.

So 2nd offer that was shooting probably thought 1st officer was dead and BG had gun. Thus the going in super hot blasting away.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    All I'm gonna say is that I don't think that's how the officers are trained to respond. There will likely be many lessons learned as a result of that video.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'm really surprised that there weren't any feet, knees or headbutts thrown while they were tusslin'

And I'll join the crowd saying the first officer had no business emptying his mag from that distance without any visibility inside the the cruiser AND having that backstop.

We've got to do better, and it's great there were others who were willing and able.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    First officer froze on appropriate response to db grabbing his duty weapon. Where is the back up gun? No knife to unlace the db?? Taser??? OC / Cs deployment???? Hands on????? **** poor training right there!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Glad the police officer is alive. That went South in so many ways.

Nice shooting to the QRF. Looks like fairly competent first aid. They set him down and started taking clothing off unlike other departments what walk the officers around.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, of course...

I love it when the family members of scum open their dumb yaps and show the world exactly how they ended up that way.

Dunno how the cop in the car survived all that fire into the car. Sure seems to me like they just didn't know he was stuffed in there underneath the guy until they got really close and looked into the car. I guess between the car body, body armor, and 200 pounds of jerkoff on top of him he was pretty well protected.

This is another example of police officers thinking the radio can safe them from someone who is in their face attacking them right here, right now. Guy, it can't help you. You gotta give 100% to what's happening right in front of you, right now.

Some number of years ago I went to a hunter safety course and met a DNR CO who had a wicked-looking karambit or clinch pick type knife mounted on his duty belt right on centerline so he could grab it with either hand. I didn't understand it at the time, but this is exactly what that's for. Laying his forearm open with a blade would have gotten that dude off his gun immediately. DNR guy had one in case this happened to him, 45 minutes away from the nearest help.

Happy to see all of these guys clearly trained in trauma care and equipped for it. It really wasn't that long ago that no police were out there with tourniquets or training. There's a steady trickle of lives saved every day that wouldn't have been in 1985.

ImNoTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    As you see more and more of these videos it reminds us all that our officers need continuous training, and education. Great job by many of the officers but some things could have been better!
    But how would any of us have done in the same situation? Easy to judge from the outside looking in!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some number of years ago I went to a hunter safety course and met a DNR CO who had a wicked-looking karambit or clinch pick type knife mounted on his duty belt right on centerline so he could grab it with either hand. I didn't understand it at the time, but this is exactly what that's for.

If you're going to do this, use a locking sheath. Every weapon on your belt is another one you have to protect from a grab attempt and officers have been stabbed with their own blade as well as shot with their own gun. When I was a field sergeant some of the young guys would do the center line knife thing without thinking that part through.

Highly highly recommend Craig Douglas' ECQC for weapon retention training. Head and shoulders above anything I've been shown anywhere else, including the Academy.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Highly highly recommend Craig Douglas' ECQC for weapon retention training. Head and shoulders above anything I've been shown anywhere else, including the Academy.
    I kinda love that he uses a cobra symbol for ShivWorks. Very contextual: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

Edit: Glad that the officer is okay. I guess I'll see if there are protests on the way to work tomorrow.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Play stupid games with the Police and win a prize like the one herein that is well earned and deserved
    PS: For this miscreant, it’s no loss for society.
    Kudos to the police involved in upholding the law! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom