• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In the past, I’ve boughten ammo in Indiana/Michigan when out n about on the motorcycle.
    Firearms,...would really have to be a rare piece or really cheap cuz I’d have to pay shipping and FFL fees.

What was told to me this past Saturday from a gun store owner/FFL in Minooka IL. @MMI guns.
    He said, I can buy Face to Face from an individual/personal seller, (“not from a business”) seller,...who resides in a bordering State to Illinois.
    This seller must fill out the proper ISP form (on line) for such transfer to take place, and that all Illinois and Indiana Laws are properly followed.
    For example the “3 day wait period” for Illinois residents.
    Only States that border Illinois are allowed to do these transfers without including a FFL.
    I haven’t verified with any other FFL or gun store owners here in Illinois if this is FACT or FICTION.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    BMWRich; No. If a sale of a firearm goes across a state line it must go through an FFL. A person may buy a long gun in another state if buying from or through an FFL. A handgun must be transfered to an FFL in your home state where you can pick it up. Jim.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    BMWRich; No. If a sale of a firearm goes across a state line it must go through an FFL. A person may buy a long gun in another state if buying from or through an FFL. A handgun must be transfered to an FFL in your home state where you can pick it up. Jim.
    Cool thanks. That's what I'm used too.
    Anyways.....
    Waiting on a friend who recently got his FFL to answer this question.
    Figured his memory of taking the test and knowing all the rules was still fresh in his mind.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Found this:

Can an Illinois Resident Buy a Gun in Another State? Summary:​

In summary, An Illinois Resident may purchase any firearm, which is legal to own in Illinois, from an out of state source and that transaction is always subject to background check. Long guns from states contiguous to Illinois may be purchased at gun stores only. Long guns purchased from an out of state private party must always be sent to a licensed dealer in Illinois. Handguns purchased out of state, weather at gun store or from a private person, must always be sent to a licensed dealer in Illinois.

While it is lawful for Illinois residents to buy firearms from out of state, to comply with numerous existing gun laws, a background check must always be performed for interstate gun purchases.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok, so brought home the new 22 pump Henry.
    Broke ‘er down for a good cleaning, lubing n inspection.
    Along with cleaning out the machining crumbs and smoothing up the action parts, I found the action bar was bent. Actually the bar is steel that is really of poor quality.
    Additionally, folks (store employees too) who have no idea how to operate the little lever in front of the trigger guard to charge the rifle or even to rack the slide on an empty chamber, have forced the forearm which resulted in a bent “action bar”.

On the other hand, I can see why, when the rifle breaks in, the factory action bar is/will be adequate.

Should I have brought this to the attention of the gun store I purchased?
    Naaa,...more trips back n forth for something so trivial I can fix my self. And I don’t feel that it was a defect from the Henry factory.
    Plus cleaning up all the other parts helped make the action a lot smoother.
    Yes, I’m a happy camper.
    Tomorrow will be it’s first day of action!
    (photos later too)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ok, so brought home the new 22 pump Henry.
    Broke ‘er down for a good cleaning, lubing n inspection.
    Along with cleaning out the machining crumbs and smoothing up the action parts, I found the action bar was bent. Actually the bar is steel that is really of poor quality.
    Additionally, folks (store employees too) who have no idea how to operate the little lever in front of the trigger guard to charge the rifle or even to rack the slide on an empty chamber, have forced the forearm which resulted in a bent “action bar”.

On the other hand, I can see why, when the rifle breaks in, the factory action bar is/will be adequate.

Should I have brought this to the attention of the gun store I purchased?
    Naaa,...more trips back n forth for something so trivial I can fix my self. And I don’t feel that it was a defect from the Henry factory.
    Plus cleaning up all the other parts helped make the action a lot smoother.
    Yes, I’m a happy camper.
    Tomorrow will be it’s first day of action!
    (photos later too)
    Hit up Henry customer support. I emailed them about a wonky rear sight and they dropped a new one in the mail, paid, before I could even ask. They can definitely hook you up with a new action bar.

You're probably right, simply abused by people at the store who didn't know how it worked.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I’ve been *Jonesin’* for a .22 pump action for sometime now, and with a lot of the Covid restrictions removed,
    gun shows are starting to make a come back.
    This mornings “O’dark thirty” departure lead me to the Woodstock IL gun show for a “look/see”.
    Eh??? not really much to report or see......
    So......as I started to head back home, my next intention was to hit as many guns stores I could, seeing what’s out there new or used.
    Last gun store on my route just so happen to have 3 new .22 pump Henry’s.
    1 .22 mag pump and 2 .22LR pump.
    I grabbed one of the .22LR rifles which also shoots *shorts n longs”.
    ‘Cuz of Illinois silly Laws, I won’t be able to take possession till Wednesday.
    Looking forward to shooting outside when the weather warms some.
    Is GAT guns still there? Was either in East Dundee, or Carpentersville? On route 25. Used to go there almost every weekend in the cold moths for the range. They charged a couple few bucks, under 10 to use the range and it was for as long as you wanted. They also had a great selection of rentals including a Desert Eagle .50. The only rule for their rentals was that you had to buy the ammo for them, from them. That was back when it was still cheap, .50 was about a buck a round.

The last time I was there, rented the .50 and it came apart in my hands. I still have the hand written coupon for one free rental along with about 25 or so shells that I will likely never use. Good times with that pistol though. Light it off and all the targets on the range would shake in the breeze. That and the noise and smoke that filled the range. Most others stopped what they were doing to see what was going on in my lane. Made a few good friends because of that, good times.

https://www.gatguns.com/ranges/

Yes, they are still open. Looks like they are bigger and better now, too.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is GAT guns still there? Was either in East Dundee, or Carpentersville? On route 25. Used to go there almost every weekend in the cold moths for the range. They charged a couple few bucks, under 10 to use the range and it was for as long as you wanted. They also had a great selection of rentals including a Desert Eagle .50. The only rule for their rentals was that you had to buy the ammo for them, from them. That was back when it was still cheap, .50 was about a buck a round.

The last time I was there, rented the .50 and it came apart in my hands. I still have the hand written coupon for one free rental along with about 25 or so shells that I will likely never use. Good times with that pistol though. Light it off and all the targets on the range would shake in the breeze. That and the noise and smoke that filled the range. Most others stopped what they were doing to see what was going on in my lane. Made a few good friends because of that, good times.

https://www.gatguns.com/ranges/

Yes, they are still open. Looks like they are bigger and better now, too.
    Yep Gat's is cool and still thriving.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sorry No Photo’s (yet) I completely forgot about photo’s....Doh! (ol’timer’s diease)
    Anywhooo.....shot the new pump today, worked flawlessly by the way,.....and the sights are a twitch off to the left (bench rested).
    No problem tho, cuz I ordered some HiViz fiber optic sights (I gots old eyes) for it and will dial in the new sights after they are received n mounted. I thought about putting some glass on it but eh....maybe in the future.
    I don’t hunt so can’t really justify .....
    Oh yeah,...an Henry is sending me a new action bar to replace the bent one. Thankyou Henry!

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I just inherited a Winchester 1890 pump, 22 short. Looks like it is in good condition. Probably sell it soon, but they are cool guns.

I have a Marlin 60 and Browning BL 22 that gets all my atttention at the range.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Today got to handle a new model “Rossi wooden stock” 22 pump.
    The Rossi wasn’t all that bad. A 2” shorter length barrel, fiber optic *iron sights” (not bad), the pump action surprisingly was smooth. And it’s a new not even “broken in rifle”. Hmmmm.
    Now, the price difference was $200 between the Henry and the Rossi.
    The Henry still felt like a more quality rifle. So for the extra $200, for me at least,...I felt it was worth it.
    On the Henry, the “pump action” did feel more stiff, but I attribute that to a bent action bar from customers or employees not knowing how to correctly *charge* or operate the action on an empty rifle.
    All n all the Rossi ain’t all that bad for the money.
    A nice cheap little plinker.
    A plastic stock model, would make a nice “behind the seat in a pickup”, truck rifle.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just inherited a Winchester 1890 pump, 22 short. Looks like it is in good condition. Probably sell it soon, but they are cool guns.

I have a Marlin 60 and Browning BL 22 that gets all my atttention at the range.
    Photo of my Marlin 60.
    Always wanted a BL22. Some day...Some day...

Attachments

• 100550FE-A32F-43AD-9860-20D271BB9838.jpeg
      100550FE-A32F-43AD-9860-20D271BB9838.jpeg
      850 KB · Views: 2

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I've had a couple 10/22s but the Marlin 60 always held a special place in my heart; as usual, should have never sold any of them! I have a Norinco pump I bought from a member here. It's enough to scratch the pump .22 itch I've always had!

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My Marlin 60 at 25 and outside 100yrds at Kingsbury.

Attachments

• E3926B1A-E647-42A2-8A92-B9DF9803FD12.jpeg
      E3926B1A-E647-42A2-8A92-B9DF9803FD12.jpeg
      923.4 KB · Views: 2
    • 9E68F411-F688-450A-93D5-752E7E1FD63F.jpeg
      9E68F411-F688-450A-93D5-752E7E1FD63F.jpeg
      858.2 KB · Views: 1
    • AC6F1A9C-4E10-4F50-8018-6F243C3D7A10.jpeg
      AC6F1A9C-4E10-4F50-8018-6F243C3D7A10.jpeg
      661.3 KB · Views: 2
    • CB806BB4-9DAC-4E36-BD41-846D4445DA63.jpeg
      CB806BB4-9DAC-4E36-BD41-846D4445DA63.jpeg