• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Woke up around 3am with some mighty unpleasant sensations in my gut. Made it to the bathroom quickly and it was on like nobody's business. Felt like I'd been hit by a truck when I got out of bed this morning. Couldn't stomach coffee or get warm so I went back to bed. Wearing socks, sweatpants, sweatshirt, under a sheet, two thin quilts and a down comforter and still couldn't shake the chill. Slept on and off most of the day until around 2 when the unpleasantness returned a little farther north. Unswallowed with the intensity of a death metal finale and that seemed to get me past the worst of it (hopefully).

Enough of the pity party, the reason for the post is that I haven't had anything to eat in 24 hours and my stomach is not happy. The thought of eating still isn't appealing but I'm not going to be able to sleep without getting something in the tank. The wife has gone after Pedialite and some chicken broth for me which don't sound horrible. Aside from crackers, toast and the other "usual" recommendations, has anyone found anything that they can stomach well in times like these? I seem to be able to hold water down pretty well now so hopefully I can get something of substance to do the same.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was like that a couple months ago for a couple days. Sucks, when you’re like that you don’t even get to enjoy being lazy and laying around, you only wanna sleep and feel like **** when you aren’t. I always force myself to eat chicken n noodles. It never sounds good and makes you nauseous thinking about it, but once it gets in it always feel a little better. Hope you get feeling better

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There is definitely some kind of stomach bug going around. It hit me hard as hell Saturday night and Sunday. I attributed it to a reaction to the first COVID shot I got Friday, but now heard from a buddy that he's been dealing with similar symptoms today and we had been hanging out Saturday. I'm guessing I may have passed it to him.

I just hope it was a bug and not the Pfizer shot. I don't want to deal with it again in two weeks when I get round two.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The day after I took my parents for their covid vaccinations, I came down with these same exact symptoms. It lasted for a few days and went away.

I didn't get the shot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Woke up around 3am with some mighty unpleasant sensations in my gut. Made it to the bathroom quickly and it was on like nobody's business. Felt like I'd been hit by a truck when I got out of bed this morning. Couldn't stomach coffee or get warm so I went back to bed. Wearing socks, sweatpants, sweatshirt, under a sheet, two thin quilts and a down comforter and still couldn't shake the chill. Slept on and off most of the day until around 2 when the unpleasantness returned a little farther north. Unswallowed with the intensity of a death metal finale and that seemed to get me past the worst of it (hopefully).

Enough of the pity party, the reason for the post is that I haven't had anything to eat in 24 hours and my stomach is not happy. The thought of eating still isn't appealing but I'm not going to be able to sleep without getting something in the tank. The wife has gone after Pedialite and some chicken broth for me which don't sound horrible. Aside from crackers, toast and the other "usual" recommendations, has anyone found anything that they can stomach well in times like these? I seem to be able to hold water down pretty well now so hopefully I can get something of substance to do the same.
    Sorbet or sherbet, whatever you call it, worked well for me. Usually no dairy if you buy the right kind, kind of like a pint of snow cone. Mostly flavored water and some sugar which you probably need about now

Won't help with the chills, though

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Had the same for 10 days. The wife got the gator aide with electrolytes. Saltines and small amounts of 7-UP, the "UN" cola.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You might try beef broth on plain white bread. Soggy, but if you can get it down, it ought to stay there.

When I get this kind of nastiness, the first "solid" food I try is oatmeal--the Quaker kind with bits of fruit in it. If it stays down, fine... If it shoots through the system, it doesn't tend to make me feel any worse than I already do.

Hope you get back to normal soon. Been there and done that too many times.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Docs recommended a "brat" diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast for a couple days and include a probiotic to get your digestive tract back in working order.
    He also said to avoid dehydration with plenty of electrolytes, sounds like your Pedialyte is a good call.
    Hope ya get to feeling better soon.
    I've been going through similar. This ^^^^ plus the Pedialite and Chicken broth is my go to.

And Dude Wipes.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for all of the comments. I got some broth and a few triscuits down alone with some pedialite. Sort of feel better, at least it masked the hunger for awhile. I may try some of the other recommendations when I feel hungry again.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Stomach bugs are the worst. Hope you feel better soon.

My middle kid got sick this morning. Threw up his orange juice all over a library book...Wife was not too happy. He seems to be better now.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I just hope it was a bug and not the Pfizer shot. I don't want to deal with it again in two weeks when I get round two.

Definitely a bug going around. My son and DIL both caught it from the grandson, who caught it at daycare. Son tested negative for WuFlu. He and the DIL were fully vaccinated months ago, so must be the good type of flu.

Top Bottom