U.S Indiana Senator Todd Young will be in Plainfield Tuesday June 28 and is interested in hearing from you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I finally got to ask him about my two, specific concerns with the Safer Communities Act - of course, in private, afterward, because there were too many people hogging the floor and enjoying the sounds of their own voices (looking at you, social worker lady).

On the matter of more rigorous background checks for 18-20 year olds, Young claims that the only change is the introduction of certain juvenile records into NICS. (I need to verify.)

On the matter of changing the "prohibited person" standard for domestic violence from "convicted" to "charged", he could not give me an answer, and asked me to follow up with him. (I will do so, with specific language from the bill - but, shouldn't he already know the answer to that, on a bill that he both voted for cloture and voted for passage?)
    Do you think he actually even read 1 sentence of that thing? Hell no he did not. He was coached with talking points by staff members.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Straight-up... the INGOers showed how it's done today. Polite, professional, prepared (we read the bill), and peppering (got another "P" word in there) good questions at not only Senator Young, but any unsuspecting toady/flunky/staff-puke who happened to venture into our cross-hairs.

The little blond girl who was very anti-violence. I so wanted to make her cry with my "well planned, well coordinated, well executed violence solves a lot of problems, because the people causing you problems are now dead" credo.

Were there any local newsies there? I mean WIBC/Fox 59/WTTV/Indy Star/etc?

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Straight-up... the INGOers showed how it's done today. Polite, professional, prepared (we read the bill), an peppering (got another "P" word in there) good questions at not only Senator Young, but any unsuspecting toady/flunky/staff-puke who happened to venture into our cross-hairs.

The little blond girl who was very anti-violence. I so wanted to make her cry with my "well planned, well coordinated, well executed violence solves a lot of problems, because the people causing you problems are now dead" credo.

well shoot, wish I'd have stuck around. Give me a summary of the little blonde girl....

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    INGO was well represented today in Plainfield. @cbhausen ,@1nderbeard , @JEBland , and @chipbennett were in the (pancake) house. The INGO group... lowered the average age in the place. With that said Senator Young ran into some old folks who are PISSED!!

Edit: more to follow when I get back on later.
    I was there also set at the door where he was speaking wearing blue shirt and camouflage hat. Sorry for not meeting.

The abortion and Dems are their own breed glad to see the gun folks show normal respect!

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    well shoot, wish I'd have stuck around. Give me a summary of the little blonde girl....
    She was up at the front, I thought she was with the older guy (I figured he was her Dad) sitting next to her who hit Young with "needs to be fiscally conservative".

She started with "glad he signed the bill" then went on a slight tirade about violence and how she was against all violence and then really went off the deep end with some anti-military sentiment (REALLY the wrong room to go anti-military.)

Maybe someday she'll figure out the whole polite, professional thing. I really doubt it though...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Straight-up... the INGOers showed how it's done today. Polite, professional, prepared (we read the bill), and peppering (got another "P" word in there) good questions at not only Senator Young, but any unsuspecting toady/flunky/staff-puke who happened to venture into our cross-hairs.

Would love to hear that credo.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

My thanks to everyone that took time out of their busy day to represent.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She was up at the front, I thought she was with the older guy (I figured he was her Dad) sitting next to her who hit Young with "needs to be fiscally conservative".

She started with "glad he signed the bill" then went on a slight tirade about violence and how she was against all violence and then really went off the deep end with some anti-military sentiment (REALLY the wrong room to go anti-military.)

Maybe someday she'll figure out the whole polite, professional thing. I really doubt it though...
    People like that seem to change their mind, when violence is directed at them.
    And they learn, sometimes too late.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks a lot for representing us well folks! Hopefully you made an impression, better than the abortion wacko's anyway?

Do we think Rob Kendal will be talking about this in the morning?

Top Bottom