• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Overall I thought this was a fun match but I didn't think the stages were really any better than some of what I have seen locally. There were a few gimmicks here and there and having to move a port past targets was interesting but overall it was just a lot of silly start positions like holding a key chain or a wooden sword that were basically over once the start signal went off. I may have been expecting to much in the way of stage design based on videos from past years with very complicated moving target array's which they didn't really have this year. They were well sponsored though and I think every competitor received a decent swag bag with $100-$200 gift certificates or other bits of some value in the second chance raffle.

Apparently shooting on Friday the 13 with a good friend of mine (who's call sign is "Dark Cloud") known for his bad luck affecting everyone around him was not the best plan.
    My squad had:
    -1 DQ on the first stage
    -2 guys bumped to Open (1 from Prod/ 1 from SS) because the RO on the 10th stage of the day felt their mag pouches were to far forward. I think the SS guy was probably pushing it to far and the mag pouch was clearly to far forward but the production guy was typical of what I see at every match and it was directly on his hip bone but the CRO referenced the worst picture in the entire USPSA rule book and bumped him up.
    -5 re-shoots due to scoring/pasting errors
    -The last round I fired on the second to last stage of the match broke the welds on a forward falling popper as it fell. So it was called a range equipment failure and I had to re-shoot. My slide locked up on the 5th round of the re-shoot with a live round in the chamber and I couldn't clear it and ensure the gun was safe in time so I wound up zeroing the stage
    -Just to add to the karma of the day I figured out a way to get 2 short mags back into my kit before I shot.

I wound up finishing 44 out of 90 at 67.8% due to zeroing a stage. I would have been closer to 77% and in the mid 20's (3rd or 4th in B class) with my original score from that stage. So I was only one decent weld away from mediocre at best... DAMN YOU POPPER!

[video=youtube;9RqSb5Ldu5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RqSb5Ldu5I[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom