• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    At least the Officer was able to terminate the feral human POS! Good on him.

I sincerely hope the officer sleeps well, knowing he avenged the murder of a fellow citizen and permanently removed an uncivilized predatory pile of human excrement from the gene pool.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like it was pretty much as some had already speculated. Driver of the disabled car was the bad guy...

Thanks for posting this DD. Palmyra has a Police Department? That was one of my thoughts when I saw this. I don't remember them even having a Town Marshal back in the day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

**UPDATE** Two Killed in Police-Involved Shooting near Palmyra​

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 05/18/2022 07:01 PM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    SELLERSBURG DISTRICT
    8014 Highway 311
    Sellersburg, IN 47172
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Sgt. Carey Huls
    Public Information Officer
    812-569-5242
    DATE: May 18, 2022​

** UPDATE**
    Two Killed in Police-Involved Shooting near Palmyra
    Harrison County – Wednesday, May 18, 2022: Detective Christopher Tucker and Crime Scene Investigators with the Indiana State Police in Sellersburg continue their investigation into the police-involved shooting that occurred on SR 135 just south of Palmyra on Monday. Part of that investigation included interviews, collection and examination of physical evidence, collection and viewing of video evidence, and attending the autopsies of both deceased.
    As a result of their investigation, and in conjunction with the Harrison County Prosecutor’s office, Investigators have provided more details into the tragic event.
    Investigators say that shortly before 9:30 p.m. Monday, Justin Moore pulled his vehicle to the side of the highway after apparently running out of gas. Justin Moore then asked a local resident for gas, or money to obtain fuel, before returning to his car which was still partially in the roadway. A short time later, Reserve Officer Zachary Holly, from the Palmyra Police Department arrived to assist. Jacob McClanahan, and a friend who were travelling together in a pick-up truck on SR 135, also stopped to assist.
    At one point during the interaction, Officer Holly asked Justin Moore if there were any weapons in the car and Moore advised there were not. Justin Moore was however in possession of a small knife, which Officer Holly asked Moore to place it back in his vehicle. The investigation reveals that as Justin Moore entered his car to return the knife, he quickly turned around brandishing a shot gun and fired at Officer Holly. Officer Holly then returned fire with his department pistol. Justin Moore fired the shotgun a second time and fatally struck Jacob McClanahan. Officer Holly continued to return fire with his department weapon, fatally striking Justin Moore.
    Medical aid was given to both gunshot victims after the shooting, and numerous officers from the Harrison County Sheriff's Department, the Palmyra Fire Department, Harrison County EMS, and the Indiana State Police responded to the scene.
    Investigators have not been able to determine why Justin Moore, who is from Owensboro, Kentucky, was travelling in Indiana.
    This investigation is ongoing.
    The original news release is listed below.

Harrison County -
    May 16, 2022: Two individuals were killed Monday evening after police and Good Samaritans stopped to assist with an apparent stranded motorist.
    Around 9:30 Monday evening, an officer with the Palmyra Police Department responded to assist a white Ford Escape stopped in the roadway in the twelve-thousand block of SR 135 south of Palmyra. The Escape was driven by Justin Moore, 31, of Owensboro, Kentucky. As the officer arrived, two Good Samaritans in a pick-up truck also stopped to assist. Within seconds of exiting their cars, shots were fired; killing Justin Moore and one of the Good Samaritans; twenty-four-year-old Jacob Tyler McClanahan, of Corydon, Indiana.
    Police and first responders immediately responded to the scene and attempted lifesaving measures but were unsuccessful. The Palmyra officer was transported to the Harrison County Hospital for minor injuries.
    Harrison County authorities requested Indiana State Police investigate the shooting, and Detectives from the Sellersburg Post responded to the scene.
    The investigation is ongoing as of the writing of this news release, and detectives and crime scene technicians are still on the scene. State Road 135 remains closed at the crime scene and will likely be closed for several hours.
    Investigators have not released how many weapons were involved, how many shots were fired, or who fired the shots.
    This news release will be updated as information becomes available. Families of both deceased have been notified. Autopsies have been scheduled for Wednesday.

Media Note
    Photo of Crime Scene attached.
    -30-​
    HULS​
    “All subjects are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in a court of law.”​

State Police section divider

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm sorry that you are mistaken sir. I made no such insinuation.

I was actually explaining why law enforcement might be taking a minute to make sure nothing is said that could be mistaken or blown out of proportion.

This isn't the first time you have accused me of being anti-cop when I am certainly not. I'm not sure whether this is about me personally, or that you are a bit jaded about INGO and want to throw us all into the category of the few but loud cop bashers on here?

One way or another, I will apologize again to you sir. Your professional input is invaluable on INGO and I'm just a running mouth. I will do my best not to irritate you further.

I'm not accusing you of anything, and I'm not lumping you in with anyone. The way you wrote it presented as a jab. My opinion, even if I'm wrong.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm sorry that you are mistaken sir. I made no such insinuation.

I was actually explaining why law enforcement might be taking a minute to make sure nothing is said that could be mistaken or blown out of proportion.

This isn't the first time you have accused me of being anti-cop when I am certainly not. I'm not sure whether this is about me personally, or that you are a bit jaded about INGO and want to throw us all into the category of the few but loud cop bashers on here?

One way or another, I will apologize again to you sir. Your professional input is invaluable on INGO and I'm just a running mouth. I will do my best not to irritate you further.

I don't always agree with bw, but that is a quality post.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A young man who stopped to help even though he didn't have to stop. In ******* Palmyra, Indiana of all places. An Officer (from Palmyra PD, again I don't think they even had a Town Marshal back in the day) has to live with what happened. Make no mistake, had the officer no stopped the POS when he did there would have been three dead and a whole different story here.

This one is really bothering me...

Jacob McClanahan was an employee of the Harrison County Highway Department who also shared a post that included photographs of McClanahan in tribute to their fallen coworker.

“Our hearts ache today over the senseless and tragic loss of our friend and coworker,” the highway department said in a Facebook post.

“Jacob was very kind and had the true heart of a servant. Whether here at the Highway Department or with the fire department Jacob was always looking for ways to help people.”

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/isp-...otgun-killed-firefighter-who-stopped-to-help/

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville