• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We had the defense team on the air saying the State has no case (that is their job) and Doug Carter doing interviews left and right. First Judge recuses himself, change of venue requested.

Edit:

There is so much we don't know, I have the feeling we don't want to know all of the details.

If the gag order keeps this from devolving into a complete **** show that leads to a murderer going free? I'm good with that.

I think everyone wants closure. Get it right, send the right suspect to prison, let them out when they are dead.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Im going to type this very slowly since you are having trouble understanding.

Herb founded SAV-A-LOT. It was a thrift store. It did so well he opened a second in either Dayton or Columbus.

Another guy founded SavE-A-Lot, a chain of grocery stores. Notice the extra letter. Different companies*.

*Unless you have info we dont that the thrift stores changed to low dollar grocery stores and changed the name slightly.

After reading the article, I see where you are confused. Author was sloppy and put up the picture of a similarly named GROCERY store.

EDIT I found this in an article yesterday.

After losing his job at the BMV, Herb Baumeister went through a series of odd jobs to support him and his wife Julie. One of his jobs was at a thrift shop and that gave him an idea to open up his own. With a $4,000 loan from his mother, Herb and Julie opened Sav-A-Lot. According to Wicked We, the store offered household items as well as second-hand clothing. The business was put up in cooperation with the Children's Bureau of Indianapolis, which received a percentage of sales.

The business thrived, with low-income families on a strict budget being most of its customers. Sav-A-Lot brought in $50,000 in its first year of operation, and that pushed the couple to open a second store. It was their success with the thrift store that helped the couple purchase Fox Hollow Farms, an estate with 18 acres of woods and an 11,000-square-foot Tudor-style mansion (via NY Daily News). Little did Julie know that the property would be the last resting place of some of Herb's alleged victims."
    Did he not found Save A Lot ?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ya I’m kinda slow but got a question. It dawned on me that one of the girls was able to video the attacker. Was able to record conversation… at what point did she hide or throw her phone or drop it so he couldn’t find it? She still had it when he said “down the hill”. My question is why didn’t she hit 911…..? Fear and just not thinking? I can see that, yet she was able to function the phone to record. Any thoughts.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok back to the regularly scheduled post, I had read up stream that. There Was actually a Murder Podcast, about the case. Wondering if the content producers are hobby detectives ? Where were they getting their material from?
    I haven't been following this case as close as I wanted to, especially with all of the breaking stuff the last 6 or so weeks. I went to find a podcast to catch up on it all. "The Murder Sheet" podcast did a pretty good job. There are several episodes, pretty much realtime as events unfolded. One host is a journalist and the other an attorney, both from Indiana.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ya I’m kinda slow but got a question. It dawned on me that one of the girls was able to video the attacker. Was able to record conversation… at what point did she hide or throw her phone or drop it so he couldn’t find it? She still had it when he said “down the hill”. My question is why didn’t she hit 911…..? Fear and just not thinking? I can see that, yet she was able to function the phone to record. Any thoughts.
    Stress and loss of fine motor skills could have a lot to do with that.

Based on the timeline ive seen, she was already in the camera app using it to snap pics. so it was easy to start the video as soon as she got an inkling he was coming. By the time he is telling them down the hill, they are going to be in fight or flight or freeze mode, and that duress will cause serious performance issues. Using a smart phone is easily one of those things that is impossible when they revert to Lizard Brain mode.

There are LOTS of reports of emergencies where the victim and witnesses claimed they tried to call 911 but the smartphone wouldnt work. When inspected after the fact by officers, it was in fact working just fine. They were just under so much stress they were unable to operate it.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Stress and loss of fine motor skills could have a lot to do with that.

Based on the timeline ive seen, she was already in the camera app using it to snap pics. so it was easy to start the video as soon as she got an inkling he was coming. By the time he is telling them down the hill, they are going to be in fight or flight or freeze mode, and that duress will cause serious performance issues. Using a smart phone is easily one of those things that is impossible when they revert to Lizard Brain mode.

There are LOTS of reports of emergencies where the victim and witnesses claimed they tried to call 911 but the smartphone wouldnt work. When inspected after the fact by officers, it was in fact working just fine. They were just under so much stress they were unable to operate it.
    that makes sense. I often have nightmares about desperately trying to use my phone and i am too panicked to do it. I remember being in a car accident once, and being unable to unlock the door and get out. i just kept unlocking and relocking it. And I feel like i am normally pretty good under pressure!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    And we dont know how long the recording lasted, do we? I know the PC said at one point one of the girls said "gun". Kind of hard to know how or why the recording ended, without knowing when it ended. We do know the phone got shut off though don't we? SO we dont know if gun was said before the video of him was taken or after....and how long after. It sounds to me like he took the phone or somehow shut it off, whether him or her.

Maybe Abby took that video, then he said down the hill. Maybe she then put phone in pocket and he found it later....but I think he took her phone quickly and shut it off. I say this because her dad was trying to call her, and her sister...and it was going right to message, and that was only what, 30 minutes after the suspect would have came in contact with them. SO I dont think the recording was very long.....but who knows.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    And we dont know how long the recording lasted, do we? I know the PC said at one point one of the girls said "gun". Kind of hard to know how or why the recording ended, without knowing when it ended. We do know the phone got shut off though don't we? SO we dont know if gun was said before the video of him was taken or after....and how long after. It sounds to me like he took the phone or somehow shut it off, whether him or her.

Maybe Abby took that video, then he said down the hill. Maybe she then put phone in pocket and he found it later....but I think he took her phone quickly and shut it off. I say this because her dad was trying to call her, and her sister...and it was going right to message, and that was only what, 30 minutes after the suspect would have came in contact with them. SO I dont think the recording was very long.....but who knows.

43 seconds (from the Ron Logan search warrant affidavit).

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    And all this talk of the likes of Hall reminds me of Herb Baumeister. I actually spent a summer at that house. My old boss bought it for a song from Herb's estate. Apparently nobody wanted to buy a house with dead bodies in the woods out back. Its a GORGEOUS house. So while I was waiting for him to start another project for me to do IT stuff for, I was a farmhand taking care of horses, and doing what needed to be done. Probably the best summer of my life when you include the access to the water toys on Lake Monroe. But I digress...

They suspect that many gay men who disappeared between Indy and Columbus along I70 may be victims of HB. Because he murdered and buried several men here and was very comfy doing so. And he owned a business in Columbus, so he spent LOTS of time on 70 every week. So its not inconceivable that many of the murders along 70 were actually him.

And what none of the documentaries have adequately explained is exactly how close the graves were to the house. They say it was in the woods behind the house. What they DONT tell you is that the back yard is (was?) only about 10' deep past the patio. I've stood at the kitchen sink looking out the back window at the woods where the bodies were buried not 30-40' away. If she didnt know she was either blind or a F***ing idiot that needed glasses. Personally I think she knew and was in denial. There was no way she didnt see the freshly turned earth just beyond the tree line. Its not like he dragged the bodies 50' into the woods where you couldnt see the graves for the trees.

Can you clarify your Lake Monroe comment? I live about a mile or so from Fox Hollow Farms and there is no lake near us.

Did he have a 2nd property with bodies on it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can you clarify your Lake Monroe comment? I live about a mile or so from Fox Hollow Farms and there is no lake near us.

Did he have a 2nd property with bodies on it?
    My boss that bought the house from his estate also had a 55' cabin cruiser, two brand new1997* (ungoverned) Jet skis, and a wakeboard boat. I was allowed to go down and use them when he wasnt using them. I just had to pay for gas.

*This was actually the early 2000's he got the last two the dealer had still in the crate. After 97 they put a governor so you could no longer hit speeds of 70mph. LOL

Last edited:

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    My boss that bought the house from his estate also had a 55' cabin cruiser, two brand new1997* (ungoverned) Jet skis, and a wakeboard boat. I was allowed to go down and use them when he wasnt using them. I just had to pay for gas.

*This was actually the early 2000's he got the last two the dealer had still in the crate. After 97 they put a governor so you could no longer hit speeds of 70mph. LOL

Got it. Your boss' house was at Lake Monroe, not Herb's house. I misunderstood.

My wife follows all that Monday Murder Mystery stuff, otherwise I would have never known that I live down the street from it.

Top Bottom