• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Could be the cable, could be the TV. Like I said, I haven't done any troubleshooting since I use BT headphones all the time now. I'll have to test when I get a chance and I'll let you know. It may be something you would never have an issue with, I just thought I'd mention it. I thought about a set of Promedia's like sadclownwp mentioned, but my TV doesn't have a DB-25 connector. The Edifiers seemed like just the thing and honestly sound fine to me.
    Good to know. We'll just have to wait until the cable comes on Monday.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    These are the ones I ended up going with. 4.5 stars on Amazon and 5 stars on Walmart. I went with Walmart because they were $10 cheaper and there are still free returns. Didn't really need the bluetooth capability for this TV, but it will be nice to have for later or for other devices. I'm still waiting on the optical cable to come on Monday. If this doesn't work, I'm done, at least for a while. Maybe I can talk her into the device that streams directly to her hearing aids.

View attachment 200364
    Those are actually pretty nice speakers and will rival the Klipsch, without the low end sound spectrum.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    More where you connected the Soundbar too
    If it was connected to TV audio - it would work on ALL TV Inputs
    If you connected it to the CABLE box - it would only Work on Cable Input Channels
    Don't have cable. I used the ROKU sound bar to replace our ROKU streaming device.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Funny story. I hooked up the Edifier speakers today. They sounded... louder... but not necessarily clearer. Here's the irony. While I was in the TV sound settings changing the output from TV Speaker to Audio Out, I noticed that the TV speaker has a "Clear Voice" setting. Boosts the treble and reduces the bass. I tried doing the same thing on the Edifiers, and it did not clarify as well.

So after all of this, we are probably better off with the TV speaker on the "Clear Voice" setting. I'll confirm with Mom when she wakes up, and then the speakers are probably going back. Walmart returns are nice because you can usually take them to Fedex instead of dealing with the store.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK, done deal. Took the Edifiers to FedEx. Walmart return policy clearly states that you can just take the item to FedEx, have them scan the QR code, and hand it over. No box necessary, no packing materials. The speakers were shipped to me via FedEx in the "display box", the one with the pictures of the speakers on the outside. There was no shipping box. They just slapped a label on the speaker box and sent them to me.

The guy at the FedEx store (who is usually very pleasant) must have been having a bad day yesterday because he bitched me out for not having them in a shipping box. I explained that I did not get one. He said it doesn't matter. FedEx policy is that the item has to be in a corrugated shipping box to be shipped. I said not my problem. This is how FedEx delivered them to me. After much huffing and puffing, he finally said OK, he would do it this time, but next time I would have to buy a box.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    OK, done deal. Took the Edifiers to FedEx. Walmart return policy clearly states that you can just take the item to FedEx, have them scan the QR code, and hand it over. No box necessary, no packing materials. The speakers were shipped to me via FedEx in the "display box", the one with the pictures of the speakers on the outside. There was no shipping box. They just slapped a label on the speaker box and sent them to me.

The guy at the FedEx store (who is usually very pleasant) must have been having a bad day yesterday because he bitched me out for not having them in a shipping box. I explained that I did not get one. He said it doesn't matter. FedEx policy is that the item has to be in a corrugated shipping box to be shipped. I said not my problem. This is how FedEx delivered them to me. After much huffing and puffing, he finally said OK, he would do it this time, but next time I would have to buy a box.

Amazon is doing something similar now, with the UPS store. I ordered the wrong thing yesterday and the return said to take to the UPS store with nothing but the original packaging and a scan code on my phone and they'll handle it from there. Taking it this afternoon so we'll see how it goes.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Amazon is doing something similar now, with the UPS store. I ordered the wrong thing yesterday and the return said to take to the UPS store with nothing but the original packaging and a scan code on my phone and they'll handle it from there. Taking it this afternoon so we'll see how it goes.
    I've never had any problems with Amazon returns at the UPS store. Easy peasy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've never had any problems with Amazon returns at the UPS store. Easy peasy.

This will be my first time doing it this way. Previously all returns had to be boxed and had to have the label Amazon provided printed and affixed to the outside. This new way is much easier and I'm glad they are doing it this way. I'm actually shocked they're providing me a full refund as it was a screwup on my part. I didn't read the product description well enough and though it would work for my needs, only to realize my mistake when it arrived. Luckily found a replacement part that will work and was almost half the price to boot.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This will be my first time doing it this way. Previously all returns had to be boxed and had to have the label Amazon provided printed and affixed to the outside. This new way is much easier and I'm glad they are doing it this way. I'm actually shocked they're providing me a full refund as it was a screwup on my part. I didn't read the product description well enough and though it would work for my needs, only to realize my mistake when it arrived. Luckily found a replacement part that will work and was almost half the price to boot.
    I've been doing it this way for years. Full refund, no matter what the reason. Sometimes they will even come and pick them up at your house, but for that you have to tape the box up.

Top Bottom