turning in and banning "assault rifles" ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Okay - I'm going to swim against the current here. I'm open to working out a deal. Now let's see who's ready to negotiate in good faith:

If YOU want to ban any guns 'to save innocent lives', show me you're serious:

How about automobiles? Innocent people, including children, are repeatedly killed or injured by drivers. Can we save innocent lives by applying Form 4473 criteria to driving? Prohibit driving for:
    - unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana ...or any other controlled substance;
    - persons "convicted ... of a felony;
    - a fugitive from justice;
    - persons "adjudicated as a mental defective;
    - persons convictedof ... a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence;
    - and particularly, an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States"
    It's obvious the streets would be safer, innocent victims saved, and there's no constitution to amend.

We could talk about the relationship between alcohol/drugs and death and injury - gut that's too big (and spot on), so I won't even try to go there for now.

Next, you go first - remove rifles and high capacity magazines from all Law Enforcement Agencies - Starting with the ATF and FBI. What, they've never lost a magazine or had a gun stolen that may wind up in the wrong hands? Voluntarily show me your serious. You go first.

Then, show me your plan to take responsibility for any damages victims incur that may have been avoided if they (or others nearby) had access to a gun that you want to take away. Will you be physically able to protect them? ("Lock your doors" didn't work so well.) Will you take financial responsibility? Show me the plan, because the way it works now won't do.

What else are you willing to put on the table to save innocent lives and show me you're serious?

Now, once you've indicated that you're sincere, and your motives are genuine, we can discus my end. I already know I'm sincere, and what my motives are.

See, I can be reasonable AND I'm willing to discuss the issue. :cool: Are you?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    There will be legislation passed re: guns, mag capacity, background checks. I'm not sure how far they will push it, but I'm certain something gets passed. A small part of me thinks it will be hot rhetoric used as Nov. election fodder, nothing passes and the blame game begins. But most of me thinks something gets codified in law.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    There will be legislation passed re: guns, mag capacity, background checks. I'm not sure how far they will push it, but I'm certain something gets passed. A small part of me thinks it will be hot rhetoric used as Nov. election fodder, nothing passes and the blame game begins. But most of me thinks something gets codified in law.
    it be added on 500 page bill that nobody reads attached in some aid package or other BS

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I expect this speech we'll get tonight will be after they pump Joe up with speed, it should be a howler of righteous indignation if it's coherent at all. He'll probably get NRA and RNA confused after the covid though. Buying off the student loan groups and adding this to RVW is the strategy for the elections. Big media will keep this in the spotlight with the religious fervor of a crusade until November, castigating and cancelling everything republican or conservative as child killing, woman hating, racists.

Here's to hoping Americans turn a deaf ear to the leftest noise and vote for their economy, it needs help.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Slow Joe wasn't talking slow last night, his handlers definitely had him pumped up. Probably take a few days to get that out of his system and get back to slow Joe again.

Top Bottom