• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I don’t have the date on this, but Tulsi sounds more sane than some of our own republicans. Maybe she’s getting closer to removing that “D” from behind her name.

This is from her Twitter feed, I think?

ETA: Crap, I’m late; sort for the dupe.

For me, I don't trust or have any use for a rino, neocon any more any more than I do Comrade Gabbard. I know what I heard come out of her mouth. Now, I am a sucker for a pretty face, just not when it's attached to a commie-lite paying lip service to the other side after her side turned on her and she's stuck with no political future and doing YouTube videos................................jmho.
    You do you.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For me, I don't trust or have any use for a rino, neocon any more any more than I do Comrade Gabbard. I know what I heard come out of her mouth. Now, I am a sucker for a pretty face, just not when it's attached to a commie-lite paying lip service to the other side after her side turned on her and she's stuck with no political future and doing YouTube videos................................jmho.
    You do you.
    Are you saying that a person's opinions cannot evolve over time?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Would you rather, have a Representative from Hawaii who is 100% anti-gun, or one who is 50% pro-gun? What's possible, not what we wish or hope for.

In a Republic, we don't have to be 100% allies on 100% of issues, when individuals, communities, and states take care of their problems, and the Federal government stays to it's Constitutional duties. You do you Chicago, LA, San Fran, NYC, etc. And they can say the same to us.

ADDED: someone can have diametrically opposing views on some things without being a wolf in sheep clothes. Accept the help on concurring issues, politely oppose on other matters. I don't know if Gabbard is genuine in everything, could be another do gooder wanna be authoritarian. We should be cautious of any person going into positions of power.

Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Would you rather, have a Representative from Hawaii who is 100% anti-gun, or one who is 50% pro-gun? What's possible, not what we wish or hope for.

In a Republic, we don't have to be 100% allies on 100% of issues, when individuals, communities, and states take care of their problems, and the Federal government stays to it's Constitutional duties. You do you Chicago, LA, San Fran, NYC, etc. And they can say the same to us.

ADDED: someone can have diametrically opposing views on some things without being a wolf in sheep clothes. Accept the help on concurring issues, politely oppose on other matters. I don't know if Gabbard is genuine in everything, could be another do gooder wanna be authoritarian. We should be cautious of any person going into positions of power.
    Compromise like in your first paragraph is why we're fighting for our 2A rights now.
    This most certainly isn't a difference of opinion, it's our constitutional right, a right THEY took a sworn oath to uphold and protect.
    Seems like compromise is all we do, right up til our backs are against the wall, then it becomes an issue we'll fight over.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Compromise like in your first paragraph is why we're fighting for our 2A rights now.
    This most certainly isn't a difference of opinion, it's our constitutional right, a right THEY took a sworn oath to uphold and protect.
    Seems like compromise is all we do, right up til our backs are against the wall, then it becomes an issue we'll fight over.
    What compromise? You think you're going to get a pro-gun R out of Hawaii? In the real world, the 50% pro is probably the best you are going to get there.

winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    It really is a difference in opinion though. The Left sees the 2A pertaining to a state militia; we somehow throw that part out.

I still see both sides. There had to be an important reason why the founders included the militia language.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It really is a difference in opinion though. The Left sees the 2A pertaining to a state militia; we somehow throw that part out.

I still see both sides. There had to be an important reason why the founders included the militia language.
    We throw it out?

Um No, We are the militia that is necessary to secure a free state.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Here. This is a lengthy article explaining what the 2nd Amendment means in English.

Found another that is closer to the one I was actually looking for. This one has a breakdown of the Amendment from a purely grammar/English language perspective.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Gabbard was a member of the Council on Foreign relations for 5 years while in office

She is in favor of the 'War on Terror' and drinks the climate koolaid

She campaigned for a no first use of nuclear weapons law, which sounds good but limits actual war-fighting choices

She was against sanctions on Venezuela

She supported federal funding for abortion, and stated that she believes government has no place in a 'woman's right to choose'

She had a 100% voting rating with both Planned Parenthood and NARAL

She supported making community college tuition free for all Americans while making all four-year colleges tuition free for students with an annual family income of $125,000 or less. The tuition would be funded by a new tax on trading stocks and bonds

She introduced the Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act ("OFF Act") as legislation seeking to transition the United States to clean renewable energy. The bill would require electric utilities to transition to 80% renewable energy resources by 2027 and 100% renewable by 2035, while setting similar vehicle emission standards goals and banning hydraulic fracturing

She was endorsed for election by the Sierra Club

She co-sponsored the Family Act legislation which would entitle employees to take up to 60 days of paid, job-protected leave to care for a newborn child or to care for any family member for medical reasons. She advocated universal basic income which would allow one parent to either provide childcare themselves at home or to afford to pay for childcare

She had an F-rating from the NRA, a 0% rating by the Hawaii Rifle Association and a 100% rating by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    She supported a common rifle weapons ban, and universal background checks on top of the checks people have to take to get their permits to begin with

There is quite a bit more to object to, and these were positions she took when she was in congress and had power, not while she was pandering to Orca Winfrey's market share as a frequent guest on her show

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Well, since I don't get to vote in Hawaii, it really doesn't matter - beyond a little mental 'stimulation' maybe.

This becomes more real for me if she a contender for something like the Oval Office. It might be fun to see her build a brand as the 'Trump' of the left, running for President, and f***ing up the Dem program for the entrenched Swamp Creatures or the younger vile things like the squad.

Gabbard vs. [insert swamp handle hear]? I'll go for Gabbard.

To me, a really healthy condition would be a mix of liberal, conservative, hard, soft, old, young (not Young), and so on. What is imperative is that the people are civil, reasonable, rational, and act in good faith, and willing to discuss the issue to maturity.

Gabbard, at least what I see on the surface, seems like whe would fit into some of the other diverse groups I've been part of. I don't think we would be BFF's, and probably not allies on much; but I wouldn't resent her being in the group. This is far more than I can say about sooooo many other politicians.

She seems to have a tradition of personal effort and/or sacrifice for her beliefs and causes
    She seems to respect the Constitution, and the duties that attach to rights and positions
    She seems to have a handle on the truths embodied in the Declaration of Independence
    She seems to be willing to step into the ring, win the ground she can, accept the losses she incurs, and remain civil.

I briefly considered the above, substituting Adam Schiff, and threw up in my mouth!

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Gabbard was a member of the Council on Foreign relations for 5 years while in office

She campaigned for a no first use of nuclear weapons law, which sounds good but limits actual war-fighting choices

She supported federal funding for abortion, and stated that she believes government has no place in a 'woman's right to choose'

She supported making community college tuition free for all Americans while making all four-year colleges tuition free for students with an annual family income of $125,000 or less. The tuition would be funded by a new tax on trading stocks and bonds

She introduced the Off Fossil Fuels for a Better Future Act ("OFF Act") as legislation seeking to transition the United States to clean renewable energy. The bill would require electric utilities to transition to 80% renewable energy resources by 2027 and 100% renewable by 2035, while setting similar vehicle emission standards goals and banning hydraulic fracturing

She co-sponsored the Family Act legislation which would entitle employees to take up to 60 days of paid, job-protected leave to care for a newborn child or to care for any family member for medical reasons. She advocated universal basic income which would allow one parent to either provide childcare themselves at home or to afford to pay for childcare

She had an F-rating from the NRA, a 0% rating by the Hawaii Rifle Association and a 100% rating by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    She supported a common rifle weapons ban, and universal background checks on top of the checks people have to take to get their permits to begin with

There is quite a bit more to object to, and these were positions she took when she was in congress and had power, not while she was pandering to Orca Winfrey's market share as a frequent guest on her show
    Thanks for that rundown!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yeah but she’s kinda hot and says Libertarian sounding things sometimes.

Top Bottom