• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    I hope Sen Braun thinks long and hard about his decisions of how to represent us in the future now that Tucker exposed him as a fool. Did he think at all about what we the Hoosiers who voted for him and sent him to DC would think about his bill and his support for BLM? NO! Its so disappointing knowing one of my reps in Washington is just another politician and could care less about our country or representing my will.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    I hope Sen Braun thinks long and hard about his decisions of how to represent us in the future now that Tucker exposed him as a fool. Did he think at all about what we the Hoosiers who voted for him and sent him to DC would think about his bill and his support for BLM? NO! Its so disappointing knowing one of my reps in Washington is just another politician and could care less about our country or representing my will.

I think Braun is getting blowtorched by those of us who are disgusted and furious by these moves. Not optimistic he will learn a lesson and grow a spine and a pair of brass ones.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are there examples of QI laws being so strict to the level of ridiculous? Yes. I can't remember the specifics, but the amount of specificity in "must have been identified before" is just nuts. "The suspect was laying on the ground when the dog was released" verses "the suspect was kneeling with hands on head when the dog was released" were different circumstances for QI (can't remember location where, or where I heard this) is well, nuts.

There are things that can be fixed and I'd have had multiple examples if I went on Tucker Carlson.

Additionally, the Rayshard Brooks case WOULD NOT have been the hill to die on.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    This is the Republican Party, in a nutshell. They don't want to be in a culture war. They got drafted into it against their will.

The other side likes it, relishes it and works to master the art of war. "Our" side has no appetite for it, and wishes they could just hide.

We "stupid hillbilly voters" keep holding their feet to the fire and expecting them to take sides on it. They wish it would all just go away.

The other side knows this. That's why they get so mad when someone like Trump veers off the script, and actually engages the battle. D.C. would rather have the other kind of Republicans. The Mike Braun kind. The kind who will go lay down in the shade when things get hot.

The task for people on our side is to not let the liberals pick our candidates for us. The Mitt Romneys, etc. When we pick our own candidates, they are incensed.

Have you seen the whisper campaign getting started about "Trump may not even run?" They are telling us what they want. The easiest way to beat Trump, is to get his name off the ballot in the first place. Stupid moderate Republicans relish the prospect of Trump dropping out, thinking it actually increases the GOP's chances of winning. The truth is, liberals aren't wishing for Trump to drop out because they think he will lose. They want him to drop out because if his name remains on the ballot, they can't totally rule out that he may win. They cannot control what Mr. and Mrs. ("racist") America might do when they're in the voting booth.

It is not just D.C. that would prefer Braun style Republicans, it is the country club/Chamber of Commerce wing of the Indiana Republican Party as well. Unfortunately they are currently in control and while they'll gladly roll over for Democrats, they won't tolerate any conservatives in office. I worry as much or more about our Republican party picking candidates as I do liberals.

I heard the "Trump may not even run?" nonsense yesterday. Seems like a pretty desperate move, especially when combined with circling back to Russia with yet another contrived story, one likely aimed directly at weakening support from milquetoast Republicans even more.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's not the first time Braun has used the argument of basically, 'we need to do something before they do.' He did it with guns last year.

It the equivalent of saying, "the enemy wants to cut our heads off, so if we cut off our own legs then surely they'll leave us alone."

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The ISP Alliance, the FOP, and any other group he claims support his bill have all publicly called him a liar and said at no time did they ever express anything close to support.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It's not the first time Braun has used the argument of basically, 'we need to do something before they do.' He did it with guns last year.

It the equivalent of saying, "the enemy wants to cut our heads off, so if we cut off our own legs then surely they'll leave us alone."

That's when he lost me.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

“Committing suicide, to keep from being killed”
    —Scott Crossfield, referring to the action of attempting to eject from a rocket plane at over Mach 2

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Like I said, POS, then now and forever. I might vote for a Democrat if he is not primaried.

I probably will just not vote.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That was brutal, and Braun did not come out of that looking good in my opinion. Tucker only took a few short minutes to destroy his platform, from the nice reason of "Mr. Brooks should not have been killed" to the real reason that "If we don't the Dems will run on it". Good job Braun, you managed to come across as wholly insincere, pandering, and making yourself look like a political opportunist.

At least he showed his true face, he's just another milquetoast conservative, in the mold of Mitt Romney: "If we give them what they want now, we won't have them be mean to us later"

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Braun is a disgusting human. I received a "please donate" to me letter from him last night. So I put a big fat ZERO in the contribution amount and mailed it in.

jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Love Trump or hate him at least the man has a pair of ball. Braun just showed his true colors as just another pandering politician. Up until his interview with Tucker I bet Braun thought he had a shot at the White House one day.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All politicians care about is retaining their power and position.
    When you get in office and get treated like a celebrity it goes to wealth mens heads.
    Politicians are public servants. They work for us. We do not work for them or bow to them.
    Until we start electing people like us, we will keep getting crapped on.

It's been enjoyable to watch brauns office do damage control lol

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    I've seen several characterizations of what Braun was saying, all of them suitably reflecting the cowardice and hypocrisy.

I'll share mine.

Braun is effectively saying, "I'm only going to **** you now because if I don't Schumer will **** me & the rest of the RINOs later. If your going to get ****** no matter what, better by me and the RINOs than by Schumer & the Democrats, right? Because then we can pretend you didn't get ******, and you can pretend we didn't **** you, right?"

Last edited by a moderator:

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Braun fails to realize that libs cannot be negotiated with. They're not going to see a compromise by Republicans and suddenly walk away with an issue. They'll keep coming for more until they get their way. That's why you can never, ever, give an inch to them.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Yes, it seems like anticipatory capitulation is Braun's go to move.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Braun's probably a very nice guy with good intentions, but whoever is advising him needs to be fired and he needs to spend some time talking to real people.

Side note: Tucker's ratings have been huge lately and his coverage has been :ar15:for the past few weeks.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Braun's probably a very nice guy with good intentions, but whoever is advising him needs to be fired and he needs to spend some time talking to real people.

Side note: Tucker's ratings have been huge lately and his coverage has been :ar15:for the past few weeks.

The fact that major corporations don't advertise on his show is precisely how you know he has global capitalists running scared.

Top Bottom