• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    phylodog, you hit the nail on the head. I have been considering the similarities of this election to the rise of Hitler and the NAZIs in the '30s. The irrational support of a significant portion of our population for leaders which quite literally espouse and have a decades long track record of action they abhor, while demonizing anyone who disagrees is beyond disturbing. The video of Kitty Werthmann at the 2013 "Eagle Forum strikes me as relevant and after this election as prophetic.

Mein Kampf clearly laid out Hitler's vision. Reportedly nearly all connected citizens in Germany had a copy, usually on the coffee table where it could be seen. All to many were willing to proudly wear the NAZI pin on their clothes.

Replace NAZI with the Democratic Party, Mein Kampf with the Democratic platform and demonization of the undesirables (us) by the Brown Shirts with AntiFA, Twitter, Facebook, and the avowed communists within our nation and the parallels are terrifying.

This is the result of an effective campaign of propaganda by the enemies of the Constitution both foreign and domestic centered first on the main stream media and higher education, and subsequently with the power of Social Media and the algorithms they use to manipulate users.

Without a massive shock to the Nation, I see no hope of Constitutional principals surviving. There would have to be an event so universally impactful to the general populace that they were forced to reflect upon their liberty and what the loss of it would mean to them. I just don't see it happening, even in an economic collapse.

This exactly. The particular old dirty, corrupt white man about to take office is okay, because he has a copy of the Woke Manifesto on his figurative coffee table.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm a sucker! Not afraid to say that out loud. I was rope-a-doped for much of my adult life by RINO's promising to secure the border, fix immigration, and that free trade will bring prosperity. They lied. My eyes are open to their shtick and I will never believe them again.

I have no idea where I will be politically in future elections, probably holding my nose as I vote for the least tainted CCP candidates...
    The thing that strikes me about this is that the other side has been rope-a-doped too. The things are mirror images of each other, almost. Of course, when a D pol is standing up there making promises we are back here, yelling at the movie screen, “don’t believe them, don’t go in there!” But they do, and we do too, in our mirror image world.
    As jeephammer writes above, we are pawns for our 1%, and they for theirs.
    This is hard to process, and I don’t want to believe it, but if it quacks like a duck...

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    The thing that strikes me about this is that the other side has been rope-a-doped too. The things are mirror images of each other, almost. Of course, when a D pol is standing up there making promises we are back here, yelling at the movie screen, “don’t believe them, don’t go in there!” But they do, and we do too, in our mirror image world.
    As jeephammer writes above, we are pawns for our 1%, and they for theirs.
    This is hard to process, and I don’t want to believe it, but if it quacks like a duck...
    I couldn't put it better myself.

The rulers only benefit when we're at each other's throats.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Doing the best they can with the options they have.
    You are reminding me of a regret. In 1998 Richard Lugar participated in a two-part event hosted by a friend of mine. The first part was the open to the public part and the second was for the local GOP insiders. During the second event I asked Lugar about his vote for the AWB. His response was a straw-man set up that came together as a gratuitous insult suggesting that anyone who would care about the 2A was too stupid to be trusted with such rights. I let it go in order to avoid creating a scene at a friend's event. In retrospect I believe I should have broken the little f***er's neck.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's nearly a perfect storm of propaganda...
    Social Engineering that's working quite well.
    The rank & file workers are being steered into working harder for less money,
    All power & wealth being concentrated at a top 1%
    They are also being steered to take up arms to defend that 1% at the top,
    Even up to the point of taking over, by force, the oldest & strongest democracy in the world.
    I see a 'Conservative' party completely disconnected from the 1% directing it.
    Oligarchs commanding from behind the scenes.
    After all, it's worked in China & Russia, why not the US?
    I'm an old fart, I remember when labor unions made for an actual good living, not just an existence, and built the middle class wealth in the US.
    Now I see the middle class wealth being systematically extracted.
    I see more & more laws passed that allow the extraction of that wealth.
    You all can make up your own minds, I'm at the end of my run, another 10 or 20 years is all I've got at most.
    I didn't spend the last 25 years building sustainable because I believed things were going to get BETTER...
    After 16 years in the Marines, all of the Reagan/Bush I years, I figured it out after seeing what was happening around the world.
    It's coming for you no matter if you believe in 'It' or not.
    I think you see an incomplete picture of the world.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's nearly a perfect storm of propaganda...
    Social Engineering that's working quite well.
    The rank & file workers are being steered into working harder for less money,
    All power & wealth being concentrated at a top 1%
    They are also being steered to take up arms to defend that 1% at the top,
    Even up to the point of taking over, by force, the oldest & strongest democracy in the world.
    I see a 'Conservative' party completely disconnected from the 1% directing it.
    Oligarchs commanding from behind the scenes.
    After all, it's worked in China & Russia, why not the US?
    I'm an old fart, I remember when labor unions made for an actual good living, not just an existence, and built the middle class wealth in the US.
    Now I see the middle class wealth being systematically extracted.
    I see more & more laws passed that allow the extraction of that wealth.
    You all can make up your own minds, I'm at the end of my run, another 10 or 20 years is all I've got at most.
    I didn't spend the last 25 years building sustainable because I believed things were going to get BETTER...
    After 16 years in the Marines, all of the Reagan/Bush I years, I figured it out after seeing what was happening around the world.
    It's coming for you no matter if you believe in 'It' or not.

You see many things clearly if I read you right. Are you saying the republican party is representing oligarchs and not the people? The proof this is true is the ascendance of Trump the outsider they hate and the people love.

Just who is pulling the strings and steering the people to arms for the 1%?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just who is pulling the strings and steering the people to arms for the 1%?
    People that cherish freedom along with their morals and ethics.

iu

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ron Paul and Ted Cruz were outsiders to the Republicans. Why did Trump succeed while they failed? Was it a matter of money, celebrity status?

On a more general note, maybe worthy of a new thread but

A point most of us agree with, we vote for the lesser of two evils a lot anymore. Why is it so hard for a non-establishment candidate that represents us to break through? What can WE do to help them do so?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ron Paul and Ted Cruz were outsiders to the Republicans. Why did Trump succeed while they failed? Was it a matter of money, celebrity status?

A point most of us agree with, we vote for the lesser of two evils a lot anymore. Why is it so hard for a non-establishment candidate that represents us to break through? What can WE do to help them do so?
    Paul and Cruz have been in politics for how long?

As far as helping out, we could refuse to accept the ******** the media and left attempt to cram down our throats. Anything and everything they report is suspect at best and at least half is complete nonsense.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The founding fathers were indeed remarkable men. But lets not pretend that they were all morally superior men of impeccable character.

Remarkable men, bad character, but what was needed and resulted in the best country the world has to offer...

WHY DOES THAT SOUND SO FAMILIAR?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Paul and Cruz have been in politics for how long?
    Don't know and don't really consider it relevant ON its OWN. Let's just focus on Ron Paul because I mentioned the two as examples, but Paul is the better one. What did he do while in office that you find disagreeable?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't know and don't really consider it relevant ON its OWN. Let's just focus on Ron Paul because I mentioned the two as examples, but Paul is the better one. What did he do while in office that you find disagreeable?
    Never said he’d done anything I disagreed with. Chance are I agree with most of his convictions.
    I know people have hung everything on the nail that people voted for Trump because they like the man, not what happened.
    The left has become so perverse people are tired of candidates who wish to “work with” the other side. It hasn’t worked in the past three decades and it ain’t gonna work now.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Never said he’d done anything I disagreed with. Chance are I agree with most of his convictions.
    I know people have hung everything on the nail that people voted for Trump because they like the man, not what happened.
    The left has become so perverse people are tired of candidates who wish to “work with” the other side. It hasn’t worked in the past three decades and it ain’t gonna work now.
    Exactly, what are we going to work with them on, gun control, raising taxes, open borders, green new deal, universal healthcare ad nauseum lol?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Listen to the Trump supporters. They’ve told us why Trump won. It was because Trump was able to identify why many right leaning voters were unhappy about in the Republican Party. And Trump also has the force of personality to stand up to Democrats. Both ingredients are required.

But, an ingredient missing was the ability to navigate through the ******** he went through while president. I don’t think he is equipped to manage his image in a way that he didn’t play the straw monster the media made of him. In many ways they were right. I don’t think those things mattered as much as all the whining, but he did shoot himself in the foot often enough.
    So. What do we need? A candidate who has those three qualities. It’s not enough to know what policies are needed. It’s not enough to have the balls to stand up to the Democrats/Media/CoC Republicans. A successful candidate and then President also has to know how to navigate the **** storm of opposition and fake news and come out on top of all that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Trump told us several times he could act Presidential when he needed to. He either lied about that ability or he lacked the judgment to know when he needed to. It cost him the Presidential election and it cost the Republicans the senate.

Listen to the Trump supporters. They’ve told us why Trump won. It was because Trump was able to identify why many right leaning voters were unhappy about in the Republican Party. And Trump also has the force of personality to stand up to Democrats. Both ingredients are required.

But, an ingredient missing was the ability to navigate through the ******** he went through while president. I don’t think he is equipped to manage his image in a way that he didn’t play the straw monster the media made of him. In many ways they were right. I don’t think those things mattered as much as all the whining, but he did shoot himself in the foot often enough.
    So. What do we need? A candidate who has those three qualities. It’s not enough to know what policies are needed. It’s not enough to have the balls to stand up to the Democrats/Media/CoC Republicans. A successful candidate and then President also has to know how to navigate the **** storm of opposition and fake news and come out on top of all that.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’m not sure such a man exists. Surviving the scorched earth, truth doesn’t matter, make up as much garbage as possible without ramifications tactics of the left and media is near insurmountable as long as we have the collection of people in this country who will lap up a lie like it’s mommy’s tit milk because believing the truth is too uncomfortable.

Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme I guess. It’s water under the bridge at this point. We’ll not have another legitimate chance in my lifetime so it’s really not worth worrying too much about. Run a box of donuts against a democrat and I’ll vote for it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Trump told us several times he could act Presidential when he needed to. He either lied about that ability or he lacked the judgment to know when he needed to. It cost him the Presidential election and it cost the Republicans the senate.
    And we’ve put a significantly higher priority on not making people feel yucky than we have on saving a once great nation.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nah, that didn’t cost him the election. Not legitimately. May have kept a lot of weak people from voting for him or voting at all but there ain’t no way on God’s green earth he lost the election. Ignore all of the evidence if you please, doesn’t change reality.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed. That’s the 3rd ingredient I said Trump doesn’t have. At most Ted Cruz has one. But he doesn’t have the balls to stand up to the press, and I don’t think he’s equipped to navigate the **** storm. Ron paul probably has the balls, but I don’t think he has that third ingredient either. Plus, as a little bat **** crazy.

I think it has to come from new blood. Someone with the persona of Mitch Daniels, but with a thicker spine, and some better ideological convictions.

Top Bottom