• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ok so let me get this straight. God chose narcist Trump because of his " talents" and used him to slather sweet creamery butter all over brutal dictators who don't have any regard for fellow human beings. Ah geez. :facepalm: I'm not gonna discuss it anymore. I've already given my opinion. Feel free to talk about it on your own if you want.

Moving on here.
    Promise?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now about the only thing I haven't been able to address in Desantis's current policy platform is anything which would make Puerto Rico statehood a priority. AFAIK he hasn't even mentioned it recently. Maybe he'll get asked about it and we'll find out. Until then it's a non-issue IMO.

I've not seen anything on his current campaign website, nor have I seen him discuss it currently anywhere else like I have seen him on the US/China issue. I just don't think it's a top priority for him or why it should be. If anyone else can find anything current, then I would be happy to check it out and give my opinion then.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey, don’t get me wrong. That tyrannical fat ass (the short one not the tall one) shut the hell up the rest of Trump’s term. Whatever went on in NK worked. Trump should have gotten a lot of credit for that.
    Seems like the peeps who want us to pay attention to everything DeSantis has ever said, when parsing his 'stances', maybe should remember more of what Trump said (when he had the wherewithal to back it up)

“The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” Trump said in his first speech before the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

The U.S. leader, who last month vowed to rain “fire and fury” on North Korea if it threatens the United States, continued his use of unusually forceful language in confronting the Kim regime.
    First the stick, then the carrot

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just more excuses Bug. I've produced info about DeSantis's policy positions that you've requested including China policies, which anyone can find btw. The fact you've willfully chosen to be obstinate about it no matter what I post is proof once again that it's not a good faith discussion on your part.
    Dude, you move from the past to the present and the specific to the general (and back again) clutching at any straw to paint your guy the guy you don't have as having specific, concrete positions on important issues. He's got a longer record in politics than Trump does, why is it so thin. He held a national position, longer than Trump has, before he was ever governor and did what?

A 'good faith' discussion has a lot less ducking and weaving and cherry picking. If we're going to go by what the candidates say they're going to do, I'll take the one who already delivered on a lot of what he said he would do over the pastel copy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That doesn’t even touch on the question. You complained about DeSantis not having a policy statement for everything at this point in the campaign. You even went as far as claiming that simply having a stance is not enough. Nooe. Has to have a policy.

Okay. What was Trump’s policy on “deep state” in 2015? Hmm? He didn’t even have a stance until the crowd at one of his rallies started chanting “drain the swamp”. You didn’t care then that he didn’t have every policy fleshed out. And you only care now about DeSantis because he is a rival of Trump. You’re beating a fake drum.
    So you're saying by not having fully fleshed out position on issues of national concern, which he had time to get done while hiding behind 'I'm only a governor' though everyone knew he was running, he's no worse than Trump was?

But that also means he is no better. I thought he was going to show us all how it should be done (except for that Disney thing)

I'll take the original over the cheap copy

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So you're saying by not having fully fleshed out position on issues of national concern, which he had time to get done while hiding behind 'I'm only a governor' though everyone knew he was running, he's no worse than Trump was?

But that also means he is no better. I thought he was going to show us all how it should be done (except for that Disney thing)

Bug, I think you make a solid point here….DeSantis appears as a watered-down Trump, and I’m not sure who that is supposed to appeal to.

If you like what Trump brings to the table you can choose the genuine article, not some Johnny-come-lately trying to copy Trump’s magic.

If you don’t like what Trump has to offer, why would you want “Trump lite”?

Trump appeals directly to disaffected working class voters, and that’s exactly where the GOP eeds to gain ground. Trump has proven legs there, and Desantis has a way to go to prove his appeal with those voters.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Bug, I think you make a solid point here….DeSantis appears as a watered-down Trump, and I’m not sure who that is supposed to appeal to.

If you like what Trump brings to the table you can choose the genuine article, not some Johnny-come-lately trying to copy Trump’s magic.

If you don’t like what Trump has to offer, why would you want “Trump lite”?

Trump appeals directly to disaffected working class voters, and that’s exactly where the GOP eeds to gain ground. Trump has proven legs there, and Desantis has a way to go to prove his appeal with those voters.
    It would appeal to people who like the policies but not the ego and personality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I’m saying I don’t expect comprehensive policy statements at this point in a campaign. I don’t expect that from DeSantis. I didn’t expect that from Trump. A “stance” is good enough at this point. I brought it up because you complained about it. From your previous response to that it's obvious that I was correct. You don't really care unless it gives you a complaint against a rival.

I don't think DeSantis can show us how everything should be done. Clearly some things are outside his abilities. For example, the Fat Ass Puss Bag looks to have had a better rollout than DeSantis did.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Shiver me timbers!

I agree with you...except for the last line.

DeSantis rollout was known to everyone but his team apparently. I expected a stellar rollout. I could even handle the Twitter screwup but so far he is more fluff than substance.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Dude, you move from the past to the present and the specific to the general (and back again) clutching at any straw to paint your guy the guy you don't have as having specific, concrete positions on important issues. He's got a longer record in politics than Trump does, why is it so thin. He held a national position, longer than Trump has, before he was ever governor and did what?

A 'good faith' discussion has a lot less ducking and weaving and cherry picking. If we're going to go by what the candidates say they're going to do, I'll take the one who already delivered on a lot of what he said he would do over the pastel copy
    Dude, You kept asking about what his national policy positions are on a number of issues and you kept saying why doesn't he step out of the shadows and talk about those national policy priorities now that he is a candidate? Well, I set out to provide everything I could find about where he stands on the issues that you have asked for.

Positions on issues like illegal immigration and the border, US/China, the Russia/Ukraine War and our involvement, climate change, energy independence, the corruption of the FBI and the DOJ where he HAS called on congress to use the power of the purse to reign them in and even called them out for apparently giving up on using that power. That and a host of other issues. It's all out there if you look for it.

Look here's the deal. I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote for him over Trump. I've just set out to do some research to show that he basically does ascribe to AF policy wise and always has and he is not as bad as you and others try to make him out to be.

But whatta"bout CfG? Did he seek their endorsement? Can anyone give me an example of an executive decision DeSantis has made that was influenced by CfG? Are there any examples that he has been influenced by globalists? If there are examples. Lemme know.

He certainly doesn't have a history of carrying a lot of personal baggage around to be found either and he's highly rated on 2nd Amendment issues which should be of importance to everyone on this site,

So I think I've provided plenty of information to exbibit that and I wouldn't have an issue voting for him if it came down to it based on everything I've researched so far. At least I've done some research like any conscientious voter should be doing.

I do believe he's a damn sight better AF wise than a lot of GOP candidates that have come and gone. (Not gonna include Trump because he has had AF success nationally) He's not perfect by any means. (only Trump is "perfect' just ask him) and I've been critical of him at times. (re: Disney)

So there it is. I've done what I set out to do to clear up some misconceptions and show that there is plenty of information out there to be found about where he stands. I do believe he has exhibited some genuine executive AF qualities policy position wise that he believes in and he's not just some "Johhny come lately" poser.

I've amply made my case. There it is.

The defense rests.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It would appeal to those more concerned with the looks of things and political talk rather than action and straight talk, in other words, feelings…
    No. Those go to the ability to get things done. Trump's ego and personality both hinder his ability to get things done in a job that requires he work with other people. I know you think everyone should just be loyal to him and do what he wants, but that isn't how the real world works.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Pence doesn't stand a chance after what he pulled. Backstabbing your president as VP isn't a good idea.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now to get back to my position that the primaries are the place to determine who best represents ALL of your values plus policy positions and the general election is for getting on board with the nominee to take on the fight against the Democrats.

I believe even IM said this in a post in the DeSantis 2024 thread in Nov. 2022 on page 5 post #90 and I quote:

"I have clearly stated that the primary is where we select the candidates to represent conservatives, not in the general election. Go for who represents your values to be the conservative standard bearer."

Well for some people DeSantis does represent ALL of their conservative values as well as policy positions to be their standard bearer.

In 2016 a number of people originally preferred other candidates than Trump such as Ted Cruz and Ben Carson but when Trump won the nomination they got-on board with Trump.

Not trying to keep singling anyone out here but I'm just using IM's own words to illustrate a point which btw I agree with him on all of this, and I hope he still feels the same way now.

He also said this originally in that same thread in Nov. 2020 on page 5 post # 81 and I quote:

" I was a Cruz supporter in 2016, wanted nothing to do with Trump" but I believe he then got on board with Trump in the general election to take on HRC even though he wasn't his original preferred choice back then and a lot of people including myself did the same and I don't intend to change that now. I didn't in 2020 and I'm not about to do it in 2024.

I'll stick by my word that I will support Trump in the general election and give him my vote if he does win the nomination.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Reactions: KG1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom