Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not at all. It's awful funny that you posted it after my post. What do you expect?
    Look at the long posts.
    Are you one of the long posts?

Could it be maybe Jamil?
    Maybe.

But if you're figuring your post are lengthy, then go ahead, be offended.
    Doesn't bother me in the least.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Then I would think he would say so, yes?

Edit: He's a declared, national candidate now. What is his position on
    restoring, critical manufacturing (like needed drugs and PPP) or where to go with the war in Ukraine (including dialing down the risk of nuclear war) or climate change or any of a host of other issues people outside of Florida are interested in. Heck, does he still think Puerto Rico should be a state. Does he think deep state actors who broke the law should be brought into the dock, what about breaking up the FBI and distributing its functions to other existing LEO yada yada
    IDK There could very well be some video/audio of him addressing some of those things. He's done a number of interviews and speeches but if there were you sure as hell probably wouldn't watch them so I'm not even going to bother trying to find any. I've tried that before.

You don't like to hear people talk remember? But I'm sure you would make an exception for Trump if someone posted a clip of something he had to say.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Look at the long posts.
    Are you one of the long posts?

Could it be maybe Jamil?
    Maybe.

But if you're figuring your post are lengthy, then go ahead, be offended.
    Doesn't bother me in the least.
    C'mon act. Quit dancing around. My post was a bit lengthy and terse, and you made that post right after that and it was about long dramatic posts. I find it quite odd that you can't understand why I responded to it like I did.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to me that Trump might've been open to the idea of PR statehood at one point. But in 2018 his feelz got hurt because he got criticized by San Juan's mayor. I remember that feud.

"Your local mayor dissed me absolutely no PR statehood for you"

Gov. Ricardo Rossello, an advocate of statehood for the island, said Trump’s remarks had trivialized the statehood process because of political differences.

“The president said he is not in favor of statehood for the people of Puerto Rico based on a personal feud with a local mayor. This is an insensitive, disrespectful comment to over 3 million Americans who live in the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico,” Rossello said.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    what about breaking up the FBI and distributing its functions to other existing LEO yada yada
    Vote for Ramsammy. He pretty much took this stance. Even tougher stance than Trump or DeSantis who only called for defunding. Liteweights.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    On the issue of climate change DeSantis acknowledges it but he's in favor of adaptation efforts in Fla. instead of "left wing" mitigation stuff like carbon taxes or eliminating fossil fuels to curb greenhouse emissions.

He's against the politicization of the weather.

DeSantis is focused on adaption rather than mitigation.

“People, when they start talking about things like ‘global warming,’ they typically use that as a pretext to do a bunch of left-wing things that they would want to do anyways,” DeSantis said at a press conference last December. “We’re not doing any left-wing stuff. What we’re doing though, is just reacting to the fact that okay, we’re a flood-prone state.”

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Vote for Ramsammy. He pretty much took this stance. Even tougher stance than Trump or DeSantis who only called for defunding. Liteweights.
    "If wishes [stances] were horses [reliable indicators of later policies] then beggars [second tier candidates] would ride [be electable]"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So in the run up to the Paris climate talks, President Obama's negotiators wanted to ensure that it would take time for the US to get out if there was a change in leadership.

Even though the agreement was signed in December 2015, the treaty only came into force on 4 November 2016, 30 days after at least 55 countries representing 55% of global emissions had ratified it.

No country could give notice to leave the agreement until three years had passed from the date of ratification.

Even then, a member state still had to serve a 12-month notice period on the UN.

So, despite President Trump's White House announcement in June 2017, the US was only able to formally give notice to the UN in November last year. The time has elapsed and the US is now out.

Actual, forceful, necessary action on 'climate change', pursued relentlessly for as long as it took to accomplish it

Advantage Trump

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Sounds like some of us still haven't acknowledged the Power and Membership of the UniParty.Once your HERO gets to Washington,he gets STOMPED. ..but please carry on.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

“I’ve always rejected the politicisation of the weather,” Mr DeSantis said.

The governor went on to say that he believed emissions could be reduced by encouraging innovation in the private sector, and dismissed the necessity or effectiveness of government regulations on that subject.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sounds like some of us still haven't acknowledged the Power and membership of the UniParty.....but please carry on.
    Why is Power capitalized? If you're suggesting there is a hidden (evil) power behind those working to destroy us, I'm OK with that. The 'rational' atheists probably won't be.

If that was just a typo, the thought is still valid (but details count when others are trying to divine your meaning)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Actual, forceful, necessary action on 'climate change', pursued relentlessly for as long as it took to accomplish it

Advantage Trump
    While I have admittedly not been able to find DeSantis's views on the Paris accords as of yet but I would image, he's not in favor of them given his stance on the politization of the weather. I believe that only Democrats have openly been in favor of them.

Nevertheless, I will give credit to Trump for his efforts to pull out of them.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

“I’ve always rejected the politicisation of the weather,” Mr DeSantis said.

The governor went on to say that he believed emissions could be reduced by encouraging innovation in the private sector, and dismissed the necessity or effectiveness of government regulations on that subject.
    So, DeSantis articulates a position now that Trump held at least 8 years ago and acted on very early in his administration - but that's not slipstreaming, it is evidence of a 'forceful' position, which garners a pass in the 'seems awfully convenient' sniff test

Again, he's a national candidate now. Being limited in commenting on national issues by being governor is no longer in effect. If you want to be forceful, why not just say 'China is responsible for well over 50% of global CO2 emissions and that number is growing because they are not required to even stabilize their emissions until 2060. In a rigged deal like that stringent controls will only disrupt our economy without affecting the supposed problem. My administration will not allow that economic damage to happen'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom