• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No he did not. An openly hostile speaker and Majority leader is in no way defined as “had both houses”. They definitely were not the same party, and to not acknowledge that fact makes your points worthless…
    That’s the point. When I say he had both houses, that means the same party—REPUBLICANS—that holds the White House has control of both houses. They are certainly divided, but it IS the same party.

And back to the point, the party needs to be united, and that’s not gonna happen if the president is divisive. He needs to be able to get even the squishies to go along with his agenda. He has to work with them. Do the thing that politicians do to build consensus. Trump is not equipped to do that.

It’s possible that DeSantis is. We’ll see how he handles things. His launch was not impressive so he’s off to a poor start.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The similarity is the acknowledgement that an executive needs the legislature's help to get much done, whether that executive is Governor or POTUS

I speak to the fiction that somehow DeSantis will just roll to DC and the heavens will open. If he doesn't have long coattails, and he won't in the current environment, then he'll have all the same problems Trump did and his cult will be the ones making excuses (it's already happening)
    I don’t think anyone is so deluded to think DeSantis will just roll into DC and take it by storm. And it’s curious about casting anyone who might vote for DeSantis over Trump as being in a cult. You seem to think that any capacity at all to hope for a better alternative carries the equivalent cult-like adoration as the fiercely loyal Trumpers. It doesn’t.

I don’t do brand loyalty. I want to be able to criticize people I vote for as easily as those I don’t vote for. That seems to be a foreign concept to many Trumpers. Politicians deserve no fierce loyalty. I’ll just sit here. Watch the candidates. And decide in May.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Bad how though?
    I took your comment to suggest Trump spent his time fighting with the legislators and failed to achieve accomplishments and D'tis knows how to deal with legislators to get things accomplished. Trump was on the defense. His own party attempted to neuter him. He was literally, and I mean literally, framed for crimes he did not commit. It wasn't so much him fighting as it was him defending himself from baseless attacks. D'tis has done well in FL but not every state is Florida. His ability to deal with national legislators won't garner the same result should he be installed as potus. It seemed an unfair comparison of abilities.

Or I completely misunderstood your comment and now look like an *** for reading too much into it,

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t think anyone is so deluded to think DeSantis will just roll into DC and take it by storm. And it’s curious about casting anyone who might vote for DeSantis over Trump as being in a cult. You seem to think that any capacity at all to hope for a better alternative carries the equivalent cult-like adoration as the fiercely loyal Trumpers. It doesn’t.

I don’t do brand loyalty. I want to be able to criticize people I vote for as easily as those I don’t vote for. That seems to be a foreign concept to many Trumpers. Politicians deserve no fierce loyalty. I’ll just sit here. Watch the candidates. And decide in May.
    You know jamil. If you think Trump is most likely to win the nomination you should just shut up and not talk about Trump or DeSantis unless you are only going to say good things about Trump and bad things about DeSantis.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You know jamil. If you think Trump is most likely to win the nomination you should just shut up and not talk about Trump or DeSantis unless you are only going to say good things about Trump and bad things about DeSantis.
    Well, you and maxi-you can always vote libertarian. That way instead of just working to keep the republican nominee weak because you don't like him, you can just vote for an organization where the whole party is already weak and save yourself some whinging

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, you and maxi-you can always vote libertarian. That way instead of just working to keep the republican nominee weak because you don't like him, you can just vote for an organization where the whole party is already weak and save yourself some whinging
    Dude, you crack me up. INGO is so entertaining.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Did Bug (it's hard to be humble) post something clever that I missed? Did he use big words?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He's on my list too even though Bug caused me to swear this oath when he could'nt bring himself to give credit to RDS for anything because of ABT'ers

"I will no longer make an effort here to give Trump credit for anything nor defend him when he's been done wrong by the corrupt DOJ, FBI, CIA, MSM Democrat fellow travelers and the rest of the deep state slithering snakes. I guess that's the way its just gonna be. Sorry it had to come down to that, but I really have tried."

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He's on my list too even though Bug caused me to swear this oath when he could'nt bring himself to give credit to RDS for anything because of ABT'sers

"I will no longer make an effort here to give Trump credit for anything nor defend him when he's been done wrong by the corrupt DOJ, FBI, CIA, MSM Democrat fellow travelers and the rest of the deep state slithering snakes. I guess that's the way its just gonna be. Sorry it had to come down to that, but I really have tried."
    Defending Trump seems to be a personal thing for some. Chew on RDS all (you) want. I’m not married to him and if he needs chastisement he needs it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Defending Trump seems to be a personal thing for some. Chew on RDS all (you) want. I’m not married to him and if he needs chastisement he needs it.
    See that whole thing came about because he wouldn't even give credit to RDS for the many times that he's stepped up and defended Trump going all the way back to the phony Russia "collusion" ringer he was put through because of his beef with ABT'ers.

Which I believe they would even be willing to defend Trump or already have when he's been done wrong by the corrupt FBI and the DOJ.

So I made that sarcastic oath.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The bottom line is RDS has always been loyal to Trump. Defended him and backed his policies since day one and has even adopted some of those polices to govern by with some success. He's fought against all the things that Trump has with the same vigor.

But now he's the bad guy for stepping forward and wanting to run on the national stage for President. How dare he have the aspiration to serve this country in a greater capacity in the same fashion as Trump has!

I for one applaud him for all of that even though others won't.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom