• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm having a tough time detecting the part where you are acknowledging my right to have a positive opinion of him

But it is nice to know I have dispensation
    I could say the same. I post opinions. You do too. That's fine. But when you make up these wild ass ways to make things not Trump's fault, I get to push back on that.

I think KG1 is probably correct. You resent it. But if you don’t like that pushback, don’t invite it by posting ridiculous rebuttals that make the pushback so much more likely.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree. For me the friction is primarily generated by one of two mechanisms

1) Starting every discussion from the standpoint that one is right because one has oh so carefully weighed all the possibilities and come to a conclusion based on dispassionate analysis of the facts. It's bull**** and it is infuriating because it it what leftists do. As I've said before, if that was true he wouldn't have to work so hard to sell the idea

2) Trying to play Socrates and 'teach' the unwashed masses what you have concluded they need to learn. This is also bull****, and ignores the fact that for the Socratic method to be effective the student must accept the teacher as having something worthy of learning
    These are both delusional projections. This is not my thinking at all.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've said it before. I think the indictment will help Trump win the primary. I think it will solidify and energize Trump's base. That should pay dividends in the primaries.

But I'm not sure it will help him win the general election. It's only going to help him with people who could vote for him. But for Democrats, it's going to really help the army of purple hair gender fluid vote harvesters to get apathetic young adults to vote against Trump. "Are you gonna let that felon be president again? Vote NO against the felon president."
    I was thinking today…. In 2020 the dems, all varieties of them, were highly motivated to fire Trump. Since then, I have to wonder if those that aren’t blue-haired weirdo commies that voted for Biden because of the character flaws of Trump will be as motivated in 2024. I’m not sure they will be.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why should I acknowledge the faults when it's not conducive?

Okay, so let’s take the example of the bumpstock thing. People post articles that point to Trump ordering the BATFEIEIO to ban them. Out of fhe woodwork come the ardent Trumpers to claim it’s fake news. They denied he had anything to do with it, as if he didn’t have the authority to order them not to. Okay so then someone posts a copy of the memo where Trump gave the order. Ah HA! They exclaimed, it’s just a memo. See. He didn’t order them to do anything. As if a memo to a government org from the POTUS directing them to do something is not typically binding. So then the next theory of excuse is, he did it to protect the 2A. So he’s still not wrong.

It’s not like I’m holding hostages untill they comply. But. Would it not just be easier to say, yeah. He did that. I still support him anyway. I think thats a very reasonable response. But instead, they get defensive. What am I supposed to think at this point? None of those wild ass excuses were rational. If they don’t want pushback for that, I don’t know what to tell them.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was thinking today…. In 2020 the dems, all varieties of them, were highly motivated to fire Trump. Since then, I have to wonder if those that aren’t blue-haired weirdo commies that voted for Biden because of the character flaws of Trump will be as motivated in 2024. I’m not sure they will be.
    I don’t think they are motivated to vote. I don’t think they were then. But if you send out vote harvesters to gather ballots, they knock on every door in every apartment building in every important district, with harvesters that wont take no for an answer, over however many weeks the laws allow them, voter motivation doesn’t matter.

If they have a casual dislike for Trump but they don’t usually get involved in politics, how much coaxing does it take the vote harvesters? I think the Trump impeachment was the issue raised in the door to door interactions in the 2020 election. Abortion in the 2022 election. And it will be Trump the felon in 2024. They don’t need a conviction. Not even for the charges to stick. Just the image of Trump in cuffs.

That poster who was going on about Trump being a felon, without hearing any evidence to support it. Does anyone think if the charges are dropped he’ll stop calling Trump a felon?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Okay, so let’s take the example of the bumpstock thing. People post articles that point to Trump ordering the BATFEIEIO to ban them. Out of fhe woodwork come the ardent Trumpers to claim it’s fake news. They denied he had anything to do with it, as if he didn’t have the authority to order them not to. Okay so then someone posts a copy of the memo where Trump gave the order. Ah HA! They exclaimed, it’s just a memo. See. He didn’t order them to do anything. As if a memo to a government org from the POTUS directing them to do something is not typically binding. So then the next theory of excuse is, he did it to protect the 2A. So he’s still not wrong.

It’s not like I’m holding hostages untill they comply. But. Would it not just be easier to say, yeah. He did that. I still support him anyway. I think thats a very reasonable response. But instead, they get defensive. What am I supposed to think at this point? None of those wild ass excuses were rational. If they don’t want pushback for that, I don’t know what to tell them.
    They don't view it as anything advantageous so why do if it doesn't matter to them.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They don't view it as anything advantageous so why do if it doesn't matter to them.
    Idunno. I think it’s more than that. Why go to the trouble of making up elaborate excuses for why Trump made no mistakes? I suspect they believe the elaborate excuses.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don’t think they are motivated to vote. I don’t think they were then. But if you send out vote harvesters to gather ballots, they knock on every door in every apartment building in every important district, with harvesters that wont take no for an answer, over however many weeks the laws allow them, voter motivation doesn’t matter.

I think they were motivated to vote in 2020. Trump fanatics love him and the dems hate him. But I’m not so certain their hatred will motivate them to vote or organize this time. The point about harvesting and what not is an issue, I can’t deny that.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the things put in place to make the harvesting potent has created a whole new voting dynamic. You don’t have to be motivated to go to the polls. In those states, just fill ont the ballot laying on your kitchen counter. Then put it in the mail. Sure, there will be people too apathetic to even do that. And those people who live in key population centers will have the purple hair gender fluid person knocking on their door to remind them they have to vote against the felon.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the things put in place to make the harvesting potent has created a whole new voting dynamic. You don’t have to be motivated to go to the polls. In those states, just fill ont the ballot laying on your kitchen counter. Then put it in the mail. Sure, there will be people too apathetic to even do that. And those people who live in key population centers will have the purple hair gender fluid person knocking on their door to remind them they have to vote against the felon.
    This is their solution to combat low turnout at the polls.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is their solution to combat low turnout at the polls.
    They’ve been trying to tap into the apathetic vote for years. They’ve bussed people, paid people. Now. Just send out the high pressure sales force that don’t take no for an answer and that’s their new voting bloc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They’ve been trying to tap into the apathetic vote for years. They’ve bussed people, paid people. Now. Just send out the high pressure sales force that don’t take no for an answer and that’s their new voting bloc.
    Yeah I should have said it's an evolution of their solution.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Why is one labeled a Trump “fanatic” when all they believe is that the overall direction of this country was positive during his term? Why are they labeled when they are placing hope in someone who has legitimately helped in the past? Why is someone labeled “fanatic” when they strongly support Trump in light of who is running at this moment?

Currently, at this stage, I AM fanatic about Trump simply because the alternative is further destruction of the USA. Looking at the current running party, there is no one but Trump. Currently, he is the only qualified runner.

Why do people get all weird about that and ridicule those who feel this way?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why is one labeled a Trump “fanatic” when all they believe is that the overall direction of this country was positive during his term? Why are they labeled when they are placing hope in someone who has legitimately helped in the past? Why is someone labeled “fanatic” when they strongly support Trump in light of who is running at this moment?

Currently, at this stage, I AM fanatic about Trump simply because the alternative is further destruction of the USA. Looking at the current running party, there is no one but Trump. Currently, he is the only qualified runner.

Like I said, it's a struggle session. You have to admit Trump has done bad things because that gives the red guard a tingle down their leg the reprogramming can't start until you do

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tell 'them' the usual, that you have carefully examined the issues from all angles and were forced to conclude that once again what you believe is right
    But that's not true. I don't usually tell them that. I don't think I've ever said that. It's just something you made up. But then you know that, don't you. You even put it in purple.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wouldn't label any of those things fanatic per se.

That's your opinion. You're no less free to hold it than anyone else who holds a different opinion.

I don't ridicule people who feel just the way you described. But this is a discussion board, and if people discuss some failures Trump's had, and then people respond with ridiculous excuses, it's fair game to push back. But as far as ridicule, it's like I said before. If people introduce some snark, I'm gonna give it back.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like I said, it's a struggle session. You have to admit Trump has done bad things because that gives the red guard a tingle down their leg the reprogramming can't start until you do
    Oh, that's 100% delusional. You don't have to admit anything. I mean. If you're intellectually honest you will. But if you make idiotic arguments to excuse him, I'm gonna point out that you should have just admitted the truth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom