Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “a person whose style of fistfighting was learned in the streets, as opposed to a trained or proficient boxe

So are you saying Trump is a trained or proficient fighter as opposed to a fighter that learned in the streets?
    WTF? Where would you get that. I'm not the one referring to him as a street fighter. I'm just mocking your imagination.
    I did not say “gang justice”. Only used the word gang to describe the situation. If one is claiming territory would they quickly quash any upstarts, it is the smart play to get them while they are small. It also can make it harder for the upstart to even announce the intention of vying for the territory, while setting a marker of how ugly the whole thing will be, giving second thoughts to the upstart and family.
    And see, this is what I'm talking about. You are imagining all kinds of context that just isn't present. Reminds me of kids talking about all the powers their superheros have.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I always heard Flynn was going to audit all the alphabet agencies and the pentagon....(in a Melvin Franklin Temptations voice)..."And that ain't right."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WTF? Where would you get that. I'm not the one referring to him as a street fighter. I'm just mocking your imagination.

And see, this is what I'm talking about. You are imagining all kinds of context that just isn't present. Reminds me of kids talking about all the powers their superheros have.
    What the heck is in my imagination? Trump has been called a street fighter by many observers. Confining the definition to drunks and the unlikely pushed by a vindictive woman is ridiculous and just more trolling…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I always heard Flynn was going to audit all the alphabet agencies and the pentagon....(in a Melvin Franklin Temptations voice)..."And that ain't right."
    Talk about stolen valor. It disgusts me to no end that our elected leaders have so long used the American peoples reverence for our military men and women to bilk the taxpayers into corporate wars and used the funding to launder money back…

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are not conveniently leaving things out in describing the history.

It is totally BS to claim Trump had a supportive congress and had ANY control of it.
    The GOP had a Trifecta starting in 2017. If Trump can't negotiate with his own party what the **** good is he? To be fair, he was inexperienced at running the country, and I'm sure a lot of that first year was just figuring **** out while handling a hostile press. If the Senate wasn't playing ball with him, that's HIS fault. I think part of his inability to solidify the party around him, like all presidents do, is the fact that he's an outsider. He didn't know the game he was playing.

It's something you guys won't acknowledge, that not having political chops is NOT a feature. It's a bug. I'm not a fan of Mitch McConnell, but it doesn't matter what Trump thought of him either. McConnell ran the show in congress. You either figure out how to get what you want out of him, or you don't. Trump didn't. I don't see any evidence that OJT helped him learn the lessons that led to his failures. His wins were mostly to the mutual benefit of Republicans. Especially SCOTUS nominations that gave you your overturning of RvW. McConnell got those done. He says, "you're welcome."

It is so odd that I constantly have to correct posters that post like they believe the office of President is a dictator some believe that he controls even the staplers and storage closets.
    I mean that just sounds condescending on its face. No one on INGO believes the President is a dictator. And you know that the storage room B thing was a joke, because you even admitted to that effect. I joke about the next R president should send all the bureaucrats to storage room B. Obviously that isn't practical. But. He said he would drain the swamp. He didn't. You made excuses for why he couldn't. But somehow it'll be different know. Because of what? Hmmm? He never showed political savvy his whole term and you think he learned it OJT? What, is he suddenly gonna pull it out of his ass?

Anyone that makes fun of the idea of a learning curve does not know how things work. Maybe read about what administrations go through getting going.
    I understand learning curves. I also understand learning things that become obsolete shortly after you've learned them, assuming that he actually learned anything at all about how to win in DC. This is a different political world than the one he left. It's a different government than the one he ran. My point about learning curves is that it's irrelevant what he learned in 2020. And it doesn't look to me like he's learned anything. He's attracting the Trumper faithfuls. Other people are pretty much done with the Trumpian shtick.

Trump did not campaign on the deep state issue as it was his campaign that brought to light how corrupt the alphabet agencies are.
    Finally you've said something I can agree with. But then what did "the swamp" ever mean? I suspect it never meant to Trump what it meant to Trumpers.

So many conservatives have wanted an outsider but then when the establishment DC and both parties go after that outsider they try to blame the guy trying to do what we all want.
    Yes. I think the kind of outsider that's needed has both skill sets. I admired Kari Lake for showing how that's done. I think she would have made an outstanding governor. I also think she'd have won but for, "oops. Oh. Kari, we're so sorry that so many machines broke in your most populated districts. Tough luck." I'm kinda thinking that maybe the best to lead us out of this mess is an outsider with insider savvy. A former journalist who happens to be America first could be the ticket.

No. Not Tucker Carlson. Not that dude ever. Never let that guy anywhere near the pen and phone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What the heck is in my imagination? Trump has been called a street fighter by many observers. Confining the definition to drunks and the unlikely pushed by a vindictive woman is ridiculous and just more trolling…

Not trolling. Mocking. You say something silly, and then I say something sillier to make the point that your point was...you know. The definition you tried to apply was, let's say...imaginative.

The definition I would say applies to Trump is someone whose style of fighting was learned in the streets. Unrefined. I'm not comparing that to boxing. More like MMA. Ever watch the YT videos of street fighters getting their asses handed to them? Kinda like Trump had his handed to him. And. Not that I think Trump lost fairly. I think Trump did not understand the game he was in though. Just like a street brawler doesn't understand the game they're in when outmatched by a well trained MMA fighter in a street brawl without rules.

Can Trump compete on the national stage again without having the required political savvy? That remains to be seen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Talk about stolen valor. It disgusts me to no end that our elected leaders have so long used the American peoples reverence for our military men and women to bilk the taxpayers into corporate wars and used the funding to launder money back…
    See? We agree on some stuff!

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm sorry my friend, $31+ trillion is just not something we can recover from (about $94,000 per citizen, not tax payer).
    The SS USA, has a gaping hole ripped down the hull by our debt iceberg.
    At this point it's about helping as many as will listen and saving yourself.

NOTICE: There aren't enough lifeboats for every passenger.

> US Debt Clock <
    Well that’s a scary site.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If the GOP is ever going to win the White House again, hen-pecked moderate white men have to be kept lulled to sleep and NOT VOTING. Trump does the opposite of that. He keeps the Millennial Jetta Drivers whipped up to a fever pitch and showing up to vote against GOP candidates.

This is unsustainable for the GOP. The GOP has lost every election since Trump was inaugurated. There comes a point when even Nolan Ryan has to be taken out of the game.

Trump will always be the greatest President of my lifetime. But he is term-limited, and if there is no plan for "America First" after Trump goes away, then America First was always screwed regardless. Job #1 for America First is finding a mouthpiece for its principles who is not named Trump.

We either find that relief pitcher, or the game is lost.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    If the GOP is ever going to win the White House again, hen-pecked moderate white men have to be kept lulled to sleep and NOT VOTING. Trump does the opposite of that. He keeps the Millennial Jetta Drivers whipped up to a fever pitch and showing up to vote against GOP candidates.

This is unsustainable for the GOP. The GOP has lost every election since Trump was inaugurated. There comes a point when even Nolan Ryan has to be taken out of the game.

Trump will always be the greatest President of my lifetime. But he is term-limited, and if there is no plan for "America First" after Trump goes away, then America First was always screwed regardless. Job #1 for America First is finding a mouthpiece for its principles who is not named Trump.

We either find that relief pitcher, or the game is lost.
    Guys, you’ve seen the stats of Millenials and Gen Zers.

They vote overwhelmingly democrat.

Plus we’re importing millions of liberal voters from below the border.

Then there’s all the mail in ballots, harvesting, questionable counting/cheating in swing states.

Then you have Republicans fleeing blue and purple states for red states.

Any of those alone will likely mean we will never win another presidency in the foreseeable future.

Put them all together and I think the left has won.

Just being realistic.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Guys, you’ve seen the stats of Millenials and Gen Zers.

They vote overwhelmingly democrat.
    From their perspective, why wouldn't they? They see other developed nations with universal healthcare, guaranteed vacation/sick leave, worker rights and higher wages. Meanwhile, they are struggling to afford the basics in life because of wages that have been stagnant for years as corporations make record-breaking profits. All the while being lectured to by a generation where anyone who had two brain cells to rub together could get a factory job right out of high school and afford a decent house, a car and a family.

While Democrats are talking about lowering the price of insulin, increasing access to healthcare and forgiving student loans, all Republicans have to offer is forced birth, hyperventilating over drag shows and Hunter's laptop.

This is how a lot of them see it. What can the GOP do to change that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom