Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like the visuals of attendance at Trump rallies vis-vis at Biden's, and liked them in 2020. Right up to the point where Biden was declared the winner of the election. To me, the takeaway is clearly that the correlation coefficient of rally attendance with election results approaches zero.
    Or Dems arent the rallying type.
    Or Dems are better at stuffing ballot boxes.

Take your pick.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or Dems arent the rallying type.
    Or Dems are better at stuffing ballot boxes.

Take your pick.
    Most recent polling shows Democrats are 29% of voters, Republicans 28%.

Of Independents, 43% of those lean towards D’s, while 45% lean towards R’s.

Obama drew large crowds too. It’s not that R’s attend rallies and D’s don’t. People go to see people who tjey admire, or who inspire them. Hillary was a “it’s her turn” candidate that no one really liked, but democrats supported because she’s a democratic. Biden was a not-Trump candidate.

The reason crowd size is important is that it reveals who the most charismatic candidate is. It’s an advantage in an election. It’s not everything.

But people like to think that because their guy draws overwhelmingly larger crowds, it must be because he has overwhelmingly more voters, and that is simply untrue, especially since the dead voters always vote for democrats anyway but they never attend rallies.

Reactions: oze

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Most recent polling shows Democrats are 29% of voters, Republicans 28%.

Of Independents, 43% of those lean towards D’s, while 45% lean towards R’s.

Obama drew large crowds too. It’s not that R’s attend rallies and D’s don’t. People go to see people who tjey admire, or who inspire them. Hillary was a “it’s her turn” candidate that no one really liked, but democrats supported because she’s a democratic. Biden was a not-Trump candidate.

The reason crowd size is important is that it reveals who the most charismatic candidate is. It’s an advantage in an election. It’s not everything.

But people like to think that because their guy draws overwhelmingly larger crowds, it must be because he has overwhelmingly more voters, and that is simply untrue, especially since the dead voters always vote for democrats anyway but they never attend rallies.

obama won twice. :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    obama won twice. :twocents:
    Like I said, having charisma is a big advantage. It's not everything. Crowd size isn't everything. Joe Biden hid in his basement. Trump had large crowds. The thing that drove Biden voters was an irrational fear of Trump. They don't have to like the guy they vote for if they hate the guy they're voting against worse.

I don't think large crowds in attendance at your guy's rallies is an indicator that everyone is on your side. it just means a lot of people are enthusiastic about that candidate. But it doesn't indicate a majority.

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    It's disturbing--but also exciting--to see Hillary trying to make hay of the Mar-a-Lago raid. Does she really think she can run again? In that case, I am hoping for a Hillary/Trump rematch. The debates were so entertaining. "Because you'd be in jail." :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom